Where to put the package.......

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Im sorry I agree with the driver. We dont know whats in it. Heck yeah, if the snow aint melting it goes in the bush buddy. If its that darn important, get sig required. sometimes the only place to hide it is in the bush. Or you can call the center and ask for a re attempt for the rest of your life. Good luck with that, HA.

barnyard

KTM rider
Deride him here...I for one think the customer is being an :censored2:

he will never read it though.

Hopefully, his address is now a code 4, he is never home during the day and his to go to a Chicago area center to pick up his crap.

When someone asks me, "Do you know what is in this box???" I always, always, always, roll my eyes at them and say, "I do not have enough time to open boxes to see what is in them. The added plus is that I do not care."

I am always surprised at the number of people that think we know exactly what we are delivering all the time. In my mind, I deliver air wrapped in cardboard. Some heavier than others.

I am the honey badger.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I didnt like the customers attitude. Rule number one, do not pee off the ups guy.
seriously, he acts like he is some kinda royalty.
The driver did what we do, looks like there was no chance of a melt, get over yourself already, idiot.
OOOh its electronics, isnt most everything.....a phone a tv, a gps, its a box bud, you ordered it, here it is when you get home it is hidden in this here bush. its not a baby grand piano.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I have left hundreds of packages in the snow. I would have pointed out to the customer that 99.9% of electronics are wrapped in plastic inside the box that is inside the cardboard box. Pretty sure Mr. Snowflake is not going to ruin that equipment. And when the guy kept being an ace hole, I would have just walked away and wished him a good day.

upsgrunt

This was in my center last peak. Last year was this driver's first at driving and during peak; he's a great kid and I also think he handled himself very well.
We still kid him about how he almost slips out of the PC when he is trying to get back in.
Every driver in the center knows this consignees address and he gets NO favors; in fact he might be picking up his crap now. This isn't even close to Chicago- 3 hours south.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The customer was being a complete turd.

The only mistake that the driver made was in trying to resolve the situation by calling the center on his cellphone while the customer was filming him. There is no point at all in trying to reason with a jerk who is trying to pick a fight so that he can record it and post it on YouTube. If I ever had a customer do that to me... I would shut my mouth, walk away, and never deliver there again.

Small box, would have bagged it. Otherwise it`s right where I`d put it. Customer could blow me from there on out.

Yea, those rural IL drivers are trouble.