Where would you live if you could?

DS

Fenderbender
I heard about this on a local radio station and thought it would be a good topic here.

USA today http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/census/2009-01-29-where-we-live_N.htm

Its weird but I was born in Toronto and I can't picture living anywhere without snow. Maybe I'll set my trailor up in stugs backyard ,no more shovelling but theres reptiles crawling all over.Hmmm...switzerland? australia?Youngstown ohio?alaska?maine?texas?nevada?mexico?

If you had the money,where would you rather live?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
If I stay in the US, either Florida or New Mexico. I'll be happy if I never see another flake of snow :happy2:.

Going worldwide, Australia or New Zealand. Both countries are stunningly beautiful and very un-crowded.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I heard or read somewhere that unless you are Australian or married to one, you can't live in Australia. Is that true?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Yup, Australia and New Zealand both make it tough to get a permanent visa, unfortunately. So it unless they ease up their requirements sometime in the next 7-10 years, it looks like New Mexico or Florida.

I love cruise ships, but I dunno about retiring on one. Morbid obesity would be a real danger:happy-very:. If you're serious though, start saving your pennies for a residence on The World. We actually docked next to this ship in Nassau last year.

Sammie

But if I became a billionaire today, after the family, friends and charities were taken care of, this one's easy. Why should men have all the fun? You dudes know you'd trade places with Hugh in an instant.

I'd live in a Playgirl Mansion with Benicio del Toro, Gregory Peck, Tom Selleck, Billy Crudup and Jude Law look a likes...

ideliver2u67

20 Down
Anywhere where there is not snow, living in upstate NY, It has been the LONGEST WINTER!!!!! I can't imagine doing this job in a climate without winter, especially Peak season.. Walking long driveways and getting stuck in the middle of roads, it's just to frustrating when you have 10-11 hour days. And the guilt you get when you call your center to tell them you need a tow, what do they expect, You can't do the same amount of stops with a foot of snow on the road and when it's sunny and 80.

browndevil

We may be cold and snowy but at least our tax refunds won't come IOU.
Refunds? Refunds? I don't need no stinking refund. I set my deductions so I am plus or minus 100.00 at tax time. I get my money every week!
People if you get a tax refund you are giving the government an interest free loan ALL year. Now don't you think you can better manage your own money?.........now back to our regularly scheduled thread:happy2:

moreluck

golden ticket member
We never plan on a refund either!! We think it's smarter to spend our own money throughout the year and don't let the gov't do it for us.

Only idiots strive for higher refunds......too stupid to save for themselves.:knockedout:

Ms.PacMan

I love cruises, too. Heard there was talk of a BC cruise. Whatever happened with that idea??

I'd have to say Florida for the U.S.. International airports, cruise ship ports, sun, beaches, the ocean, Disney - all the things I love!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Refunds? Refunds? I don't need no stinking refund. I set my deductions so I am plus or minus 100.00 at tax time. I get my money every week!
People if you get a tax refund you are giving the government an interest free loan ALL year. Now don't you think you can better manage your own money?.........now back to our regularly scheduled thread:happy2:

We never plan on a refund either!! We think it's smarter to spend our own money throughout the year and don't let the gov't do it for us.

Only idiots strive for higher refunds......too stupid to save for themselves.:knockedout:

That's a double ouch. Would someone please teach me how to budget my money?:biting:

I love cruises, too. Heard there was talk of a BC cruise. Whatever happened with that idea??

I'd have to say Florida for the U.S.. International airports, cruise ship ports, sun, beaches, the ocean, Disney - all the things I love!

Don't forget that I live here too! But you'd have to dye your hair blue if you want to blend in with the natives.:happy-very:

Big Babooba

My sister lives in Sugar Hill Ga. It sounds like a great place. I've been tempted to walk away from it all and move down there except that nobody knows how to drive in the snow.

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
Southern California. I have never been there but they say it is beautiful all year long. Northern California would be a close second. I will never live in either place because from what I gather it is very expensive to live in CA. I already live in a state where the cost of living is ridiculous, not doing that again!

Internationally, Australia or New Zealand seem like the places to be.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Steve, I'm not the CPA in the family, someone else can explain the math, but it has to do with you deductions.

We always had 5 in our actual family, but deductions were way higher than that allowing us more from our paychecks.

You can balance things in such a way that April 15 is a + or - $100.00 for you.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Steve, I'm not the CPA in the family, someone else can explain the math, but it has to do with you deductions.

We always had 5 in our actual family, but deductions were way higher than that allowing us more from our paychecks.

You can balance things in such a way that April 15 is a + or - $100.00 for you.

I've gotcha on this, just hate waiting for that day and finding out I owe them. Doesn't it work out the same way, the way I'm doing it, I mean besides letting them get away with the interest? We have a terrible time trying to save money and we usually use the big payday to get or go somewhere we like.