Where would you live if you could?

Pkgrunner

Till I Collapse
Somewhere much warmer, I would never miss the snow. EVER.
I like Texas, what I have seen of it, but those parts get snow....
Maybe Tennessee, Arkansas. Just no Below zero, no 2 ft of snow, and 3 months of each season. Her we have winter, and almost winter it seems.:greedy:

That is the one drawback of Southern California, we basically only have 3 seasons here. Spring, Summer and Wildfire.

Somewhere much warmer, I would never miss the snow. EVER.
I like Texas, what I have seen of it, but those parts get snow....
Maybe Tennessee, Arkansas. Just no Below zero, no 2 ft of snow, and 3 months of each season. Her we have winter, and almost winter it seems.:greedy:
Hey Tooner, it only snows in the Texas Hill country maybe once every 10-15 years. And there be some pretty country around there.
Click on the word Texas above.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Hey Tooner, it only snows in the Texas Hill country maybe once every 10-15 years. And there be some pretty country around there.
Click on the word Texas above.
Well that certainly isn't any part of Texas that I've ever been in. Where are those pics taken Trpl.? Obviously in Tex., (for the smartass answerers that I know will put their 2 cents in:wink2:), but where?

rod

Retired 22 years
Last I check Plano wasn't hill country but I've got pictures of the snowmen my daughter made--------------and not just one time:wink2:

Last edited:
Thats it, Im moving:happy2: I am so there.
Purty aint it?

Here's a few things you might want to learn before ya get here.

If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence, try orderin' somebody else's dog around.

If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop diggin'.

It don't take a genius to spot a goat in a flock of sheep.

Always drink upstream from the herd.

If you're ridin' ahead of the herd, take a look back every now and then to make sure it's still there.

When you're throwin' your weight around, be ready to have it thrown around by somebody else.

The quickest way to double your money is to fold it over and put it back in
your pocket.

Never miss a good chance to shut up.

Lettin' the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier 'n puttin' it back in.

Well that certainly isn't any part of Texas that I've ever been in. Where are those pics taken Trpl.? Obviously in Tex., (for the smartass answerers that I know will put their 2 cents in:wink2:), but where?
It's the hill country, around Bandera Boerne Canyon Lake Comfort Concan Fredericksburg Hunt Ingram Johnson City Junction Kerrville New Braunfels San Marcos Uvalde\

I bet your exposure to Texas came mostly on RT66, or the interstate that replaced it. That would be the Panhandle area, mostly flat plains type landscapes.

Last I check Plano wasn't hill country but I've got pictures of the snowmen my daughter made--------------and not just one time:wink2:
You're right Plano isn't part of the Hill country, it's actually considered East Texas. It does snow some in the DFW area but not alot. Their winters have more ice storms than snow.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
It's the hill country, around Bandera Boerne Canyon Lake Comfort Concan Fredericksburg Hunt Ingram Johnson City Junction Kerrville New Braunfels San Marcos Uvalde

I bet your exposure to Texas came mostly on RT66, or the interstate that replaced it. That would be the Panhandle area, mostly flat plains type landscapes.
You are such a smart :censored2:. Yes, my exposure to Tex has been limited to I-40. LOL. Now, the pan-handle area I can understand. LOL I take Hill Country aint anywheres near the pan-handle area?:surprised::wink2:

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
I heard or read somewhere that unless you are Australian or married to one, you can't live in Australia. Is that true?
That s not true, I have 2 uncles that immigrated over there about 2 years ago on work visas. They restore old houses using the same traditional methods that were used to build them. Threy have no intention of leaving they love it over there

feederrunner

feederrunner
Any were that i can take my boat out year round sound great to me. mabe AZ OR southern TX. wait!!!!!! cancun!!!! HOT sun HOT girls and COLD drinks. goodby big brown truck, HELLO Tiki bar. I think that I can make enuff money running a Tiki bar to live.

You are such a smart :censored2:. Yes, my exposure to Tex has been limited to I-40. LOL. Now, the pan-handle area I can understand. LOL I take Hill Country aint anywheres near the pan-handle area?:surprised::wink2:
I wasn't being a SA....this time...I knew you had been an over the road trucker, so I figured that was your experience with Texas. :sheepish:

San Antonio( point B) is basically the center of the "hill country", Amarillo (point A) is on I40. 380 miles apart
texmap.jpg

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I wasn't being a SA....this time...I knew you had been an over the road trucker, so I figured that was your experience with Texas. :sheepish:

San Antonio( point B) is basically the center of the "hill country", Amarillo (point A) is on I40. 380 miles apart
texmap.jpg
I know Amarillo real well. There is an over pass on the east side of Amarillo that scared the hell out of me one morning! Black Ice! I will never forget that overpass. As far as the rest of Texas, I have never been off I-40. LOL We of these weeks we are going to take some vacation time and go to San Antonio to do the river walk and Lone Star Brewery.

I know Amarillo real well. There is an over pass on the east side of Amarillo that scared the hell out of me one morning! Black Ice! I will never forget that overpass. As far as the rest of Texas, I have never been off I-40. LOL We of these weeks we are going to take some vacation time and go to San Antonio to do the river walk and Lone Star Brewery.

There are many sites to see in and around San Antonio. Seems to me there is a feeder driver that posts on here from time to time that is probably out of that hub. Remember the Alamo!
The museum at Lone Star Brewery is pretty neat too. There is a sea world and another theme park. I've never been to either one of those.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
There are many sites to see in and around San Antonio. Seems to me there is a feeder driver that posts on here from time to time that is probably out of that hub. Remember the Alamo!
The museum at Lone Star Brewery is pretty neat too. There is a sea world and another theme park. I've never been to either one of those.
We were just talking about that a few ago. San Ant... I think when we go we will take 2 weeks and really enjoy the area. Who knows maybe we will get to ride through where ever you are! Maybe we'll ride out to the coast (I looked at the map, looks like Corpus Christi is pretty close). Now I have 2 areas that I want to go to and meet new friends! LOL

Ooooppps make that 3!