Where would you live if you could?

rod

Retired 22 years
All I know is if you are going through Waco and stay over night don't ask the clerk at the motel where the Branch Dividian complex that the government or David Koresh burned down is. She let me know in no uncertain words that "that incident DIDN"T happen in Waco" it happened in some little jerk water town north of there. :surprised:

satellitedriver

There are many sites to see in and around San Antonio. Seems to me there is a feeder driver that posts on here from time to time that is probably out of that hub. Remember the Alamo!
The museum at Lone Star Brewery is pretty neat too. There is a sea world and another theme park. I've never been to either one of those.
Tube the Guadalupe river.
Spend a night at Garner State Park. Dances every night and the cleanest river in Texas,"The Frio" runs right thru it. About 60 miles from Boerne.
BTW, Boerne is pronounced Burny in Texas.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I would love to retire to a cabin on 250 acres in Montana or Alaska....someplace where I could step outside with a fishing pole or a rifle to put meat on the table every day. I would have a little garden for veggies, and plenty of trees for firewood. The nearest town would be 15 or 20 miles away. Heaven.....

If I had to live in a foreign country it would be Canada, with Finland, Norway or Sweden as other possibilities.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Idaho has some beautiful country. I think Couer d' Alene might just be where there are a lot of white supremists and that can make it ugly.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I would love to retire to a cabin on 250 acres in Montana or Alaska....someplace where I could step outside with a fishing pole or a rifle to put meat on the table every day. I would have a little garden for veggies, and plenty of trees for firewood. The nearest town would be 15 or 20 miles away. Heaven.....

And not have to sully your time with other human beings..gotcha! Feel that way often too! :peaceful:

Probably want satellite based Internet access to be able to post on Browncafe! Still need the ability to reinforce that feeling of superiority. :wink2:

happyboy

I'd like to live in St George Utah becase its close to las vegas... Oh Screw it Id love to live in Vegas if i had the Money... Id have to win the lotto first and get a yearly payment of a million dollars

Why not just transfer there? Why wait until retirement...Why put you life on hold.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Slowdriver.....my friend in Salt Lake has a retirement place in St. George and she loves it. It gets her away from the fierce snows and she loves the red rock there. Mesquite is a quick getaway too.

My daughter lives in Vegas, so I have neat places to visit !!:wink2:

UPS Lifer

I am living my dream!

Sedona - 11 months of the year and 1 month of ocean front vistas with breaching whales starting Friday on Kaanapali Beach - just to take the edge off of winter!

If I ever decided to move out of the good ole USA, I would move to the coast of Italy or a Greek Island such as Mykonos, Crete or Santorini.

rod

Retired 22 years
I am living my dream!

Sedona - 11 months of the year and 1 month of ocean front vistas with breaching whales starting Friday on Kaanapali Beach - just to take the edge off of winter!

If I ever decided to move out of the good ole USA, I would move to the coast of Italy or a Greek Island such as Mykonos, Crete or Santorini.

Is Rudy still playing nightly at the Tiki bar?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Having bicycled, trucked, motorcycled, hitch-hiked in 49 states ( Alaska , no ) I'd have to say right here where I am at.

California........yes, it's a nutty state but we have all 4 seasons and can be on top of a mountain , a beach , a forest , a city , and everywhere in between within a couple hours.

Canada is pretty cool...Alberta and B.C. are the only places I have been.

Southeast Asia was cool for a couple years but wouldnt want to stay year round.

We are thinking of getting a RV and taking a very long trip thru all of North America.