Where's Waldo? Secretly writing a new contract...

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
tumblr_n4i99phLpT1tsuuvno2_250.gif

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Let me clarify that I'm recomending recording surreptitiously for anyone so inclined, not to be as bold about it as I was. Not for fear of termination, but because Management will not speak candidly (and you want them to). Take notes too and use recordings to add clarity later. Our local has used recordings many times to correct the record, and not once person has been fired. Video + audio mostly. Hell I have tons of text messages from Management asking me to video other supervisors.

The former cop in me wants to record everything where a question might arise later because you just never know when you might need it or how useful / important that recording may be.

Just food for thought....

For anyone, wanting to test the waters.

-Bug-

That is an excellent way to put it Bug, "food for thought". It's good to see both points of view on a subject so risky and taboo.

Advising people to record is bad judgment. Members will see it here and be brazen about it with management. Most members don't have the financial means to fight ups for the long hall. You opening up this pandora' shod is irresponsible. Just saying.

I totally agree that advising people to record is a bad idea and I don't condone it for most people as there are just too many variables that can land a person in hot water.

FilingBluesFL

It's not just rewriting the contract on the fly...

We have an on-road that consistently creates new and profound 340 methods... that are not and never have been 340 methods.

They say and do what they want to make things more convenient for themselves, to try and make things more miserable for us.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I thought BM was bowel movement...

:ashamed::butt::poop:
:oops:

whats a BM? sounds like what I do every morning.

this BS speech must have worked on a lot of drivers previously. that's what he means by past practice. past practice BS doesn't count tell him.

What is my state the only hillbilly state that calls the OCS a center manager and the Business Manager a BM? He is in charge of three centers, and is a real :censored2: but officially he is the business manager. IDK

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Not true at all. Some states you have to tell them they are being recorded but in my state the only person who has to know is the one doing the recording

It does not matter what the law states, employers can have specific rules about recording on their private premises.

If you do not believe me or Lead Belly, go ahead and record a conversation between you and your center manager and then play it for your DM.

We'll be taking up a collection for you because you will have lost your job with no hopes of getting it back.

browned out

The bigger travesty is that Mr. O'Shea seems to feel he could act as his own lawyer.

You are correct. He should have hired a law firm. His case was solid. More importantly... O'Shea should not have filed litigation against UPS and the Teamsters. It is difficult enough to beat one giant; let alone two.

Best advise to stick with:

Grieve all discipline. When UPS is dishonest and retaliatory and proceeds to discipline you; Document everything and take it to the panel or arbitration. At that level; your hearing will be audio recorded and/or documented. You can use the recordings or documentation to help your case. Hire a law firm as soon as you are treated disparately by UPS and lose your job at the panel or arbitration. Don't give up just because you lose at the panel/arbitration.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
It does not matter what the law states, employers can have specific rules about recording on their private premises.

If you do not believe me or Lead Belly, go ahead and record a conversation between you and your center manager and then play it for your DM.

We'll be taking up a collection for you because you will have lost your job with no hopes of getting it back.

UPS used the law as a drummed up reason to fire O'Shea, after being forced to admit there was no policy. Of course they can have a policy but it's not very enforceable with everyone having a recording device. My old DM I would have played a recording without hesitation. This new one wouldn't care if a recording exposed the managers lack of integrity.

Please explain what cardinal sin recording falls under.

Imchar1

Im pretty sure that mgmt and employess cant make binding agreements that conflict with the contract. That signed paper is worth about as much as toilet paper with skid marks on it.