Which is more harmful to the FedEx brand: Kinkos (Office) or Ground?

Well everyone here seems to think that a UPS and Fedex driver do the exact same job,therefore Fedex drivers should be paid more.

Are you saying that FDX doesn't pick up and deliver packages out of a truck? What exactly do they do then? Nobody says you should make more money, just have more full times jobs, better bene's, and a decent pension.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
You're making $30/hr!? What district you in?

No offense but you have been drinking the purple colored kool aid a bit too long. I bet they have beat into your head that FedEx wages compare with UPS.

You are thinking of UPS AIR drivers. The air drivers top wage is currently around 23.67/hr. THey likely have easier jobs than FedEx Express drivers, but I doubt Fred would ever tell his employees that.

tworavens

JuniorMember for 24 Years
Ha where's that union? I'll take my $2 less per hour to enjoy my pickup route with 50 stops and 300 pieces (40% Docs).

I don't mind the hours, I've got no family, I'm laughing all the way to the bank. I've never put myself on the 9.5 hour day list, but those drivers that do have generally had their dispatch reduced. Saw it happen just this past Friday, they unloaded the rear half of one driver's truck back onto the belt, then scrambled around to find an extra driver to do half a route. And btw, if you are making $27 per hour that is not typical, most are making far less than that. There are plenty of other threads discussing that.

Well everyone here seems to think that a UPS and Fedex driver do the exact same job,therefore Fedex drivers should be paid more.

I wouldn't say everyone here thinks that. I would say that Fedex couriers deserve the same sort of wage and job protections, as well as retirement and medical benefits, that a UPS driver enjoys.

FedEX 4 Life

I liked it better when you weren't angry.
Who says im angry?I'm just stating fact.The slogan round here is "same jobs different trucks".

Are you saying that FDX doesn't pick up and deliver packages out of a truck? What exactly do they do then? Nobody says you should make more money, just have more full times jobs, better bene's, and a decent pension.

Wrong.One of the main complaints of these disgruntled Fedex people that post here is how much more UPS makes an hour and that Fedex drivers shoul make the same.Just read the posts by MrFedex or Richotta.

Wrong.One of the main complaints of these disgruntled Fedex people that post here is how much more UPS makes an hour and that Fedex drivers shoul make the same.Just read the posts by MrFedex or Richotta.

Airborne made about $4-$5 less but had a better pension and comparable bene's than UPS drivers. They also had full time language protection. Airborne drivers drove mostly vans. This was back in 2000.

So the union would probaly get FDX drivers about $25-$26 full time (a living wage) with comparable bene's and a pension of at least 3000 after 25-30 years.

Broke

At my location start out pay is around $13 per hr and top pay is just over $21 per hr. It takes about 15 years (maybe longer depending on if we go another year without a raise) to reach top pay. Right now I make around $14 per hr less than a UPS driver and that doesn't even include benefits. Also, on the day after Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve We get paid our regular hourly rate and a UPS driver gets 8 hours holiday pay plus however many hours they work on their route. It's really degrading that on those 2 days a UPS driver makes more in 2 hours than I make in the entire day.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

You absolutely get it, and have stated the argument perfectly. BRAVO!!!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Who says im angry?I'm just stating fact.The slogan round here is "same jobs different trucks".

1989 is exactly right and you are exactly wrong...as usual. I have never said we should make the same. What I have said is that our wages and benefits should be equitable, which is not the same thing as equal.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
There is a difference, FedEx4 life

I think teachers are worth 150k/year but I do not believe they should be paid 150k/year. Good luck wrapping your mind around that one!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Sigh... An exceptional courier would certainly be worth $30 per hour. Would he/she ever get that? No. My point, which you missed entirely is that exceptional employees are always worth their weight in gold. FedEx doesn't bother making the distinction. If a 2 or 3 year employee were truly excellent Fred would bring them up to top wage then, not 15 years down the road. At some point, FedEx needs to figure this out.

Subtle meanings and/or implied meanings are totally lost on you.

Sigh... An exceptional courier would certainly be worth $30 per hour. Would he/she ever get that? No. My point, which you missed entirely is that exceptional employees are always worth their weight in gold. FedEx doesn't bother making the distinction. If a 2 or 3 year employee were truly excellent Fred would bring them up to top wage then, not 15 years down the road. At some point, FedEx needs to figure this out.

Subtle meanings and/or implied meanings are totally lost on you.

Ouch 15 years?

O

olcc

Ouch 15 years?

Yeah, the way it is now, at least 15 years. FedEx stretches it out so long that I would venture to guess the net gain in wage is negative or near zero once inflation is considered.

This year we received no raises and next year it's a mere 2% if we're lucky (2% being the max one could possibly receive).