Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

UnconTROLLed

perfection
See which presidential candidate you side with
Here is mine, and have it at if you would like. :)

139219484.jpg

wkmac

Not necessarily... some people choose none of the above by writing in their preference. It seems less passive than not voting to me.

Not all states honor all write ins. For example.

And in the case of "None of the above" choice, some really thoughtful republicans are suing in Nevada to have this option stripped from the Nevada ballot. So much for the myth of the GOP being about limited gov't.

Nevada is one of the only states in the Union where “None of the Above” is an option on the presidential voting ballot. Several other states have initiatives under way to officially add “None of the Above” as an option at the presidential level, as they already allow it for minor local races. Throughout the nation, “None” is accepted as a write-in ballot choice.
For decades, such provisions have stood on the books without much comment from the candidates themselves – but not this year.

So what’s the big deal this year? Political pundits have been quick to point to the move as a way to prevent people from voting for “None of the Above” instead of voting for Romney. All the focus is on him, with analysts feeling that votes for a non-candidate will hurt the odds of a Romney victory.

Apparently it hasn’t crossed their minds that a vote for “None of the Above” is also a non-vote for Obama. However, since the lawsuit was brought by members of the Republican establishment in Nevada, the focus is more on the Republican side of the table. It’s assumed – rightly or wrongly – that the move is being backed by the national GOP organizers.

A real knee slapper in this case is that in one court hearing, the plaintiff (the GOPers) argued that voting "None of the Above" is disenfranchising the voter's voting rights on the grounds that their candidate can never win. They actually made that argument in court even to my surprise but it gave me a good laugh.

I talked to my own local election officials and asked how would a completely blank ballot be treated after being turned in? Do they at least record these type ballots in some category for demographics comparison since they don't post these with total election results to the public? The local official to my appreciation was both helpful and brutally honest when she told me that, "No, these type ballots aren't counted in any manner and treated no different in the end than office trash and disposed of accordingly. It would be no different had you wrote in Donald Duck for President, Mickey Mouse for Congressman and Pluto for Senator!"

So in my state writing down "none of the above" is the same if I took the ballot myself, walked over to the trash can and deposited it and walked out. And doing so on election day could be understood as a means of disruption at a polling place by polling officials and I could be arrested and possibly charged with a felony. I was warned by the election official about that idea.

But not going to the polls at all does get recorded in demographic categories and therefore a record to some extent does exist. As I see it, it's the only way that a "none of the above" vote ends up getting counted at some level in my case.

Besides, in a non-voluntary society, voting is a form of violence as well because the winners control the gun to force the losers into involuntary compliance to which the winners benefit. It's a form of socialized theft to be honest.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Is Canada a constitutional monarchy system, correct? No offense Klein, I am all set! Not that what "we have" is anything to write home about. ;)