While airlines ban hunting trophy shipments, UPS says it won’t bow to controversy

Discussion in 'The Latest UPS Headlines' started by cheryl, Aug 4, 2015.

1. cheryl

cheryl I started this. Staff Member

While airlines ban hunting trophy shipments, UPS says it won’t bow to controversy - Washington Post

Hunters and others looking to ship lion, leopard, elephant, rhinoceros and buffalo heads and other big-game trophies across the world still have options available, even as Delta Air Lines, American Airlines and Air Canada announced this week that they will no longer allow such cargo on their planes.

Shipments of hunting trophies are still allowed by United Parcel Service, a UPS spokeswoman told The Washington Post on Tuesday, noting that the global shipping giant follows U.S. and international laws, not public opinion, in determining what it will and won’t ship.

“There are many items shipped in international commerce that may spark controversy,” UPS public relations director Susan Rosenberg wrote in an e-mail. “The views on what is appropriate for shipment are as varied as the audiences that hold these views.
  2. rod

rod retired and happy

I can still get my lion steaks then?
  3. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

Nope, just lion chops from now on.
  4. rod

rod retired and happy

5. Packmule

Packmule Well-Known Member

Good for UPS. Follow the laws, established by local authorities who know the REAL story, not the whims and opinions of extremists using distortion to capitalize on a situation.
  6. upschuck

upschuck Well-Known Member

They'd lose too much money. Large packages going international costs a fortune.
  7. trickpony1

trickpony1 Well-Known Member

The company would pimp their grandma if they thought they could make a buck.
  8. Returntosender

Returntosender Well-Known Member

Drug traffickers will hide drugs in the animal. Thats how drug can take advantage of this issue.
  9. olroadbeech

olroadbeech Happy Verified UPSer

that's one of the problems in America today.

knee-jerk reactions.