While I'm no TDU basher...

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
It's not the Sec Tres job nor is it his job description. Its the negotiating committees. The supplements weren't voted down because of supplemental issues. It was healthcare. The hold up has little to do with the the supplements. If they turned around tomorrow and said, "You guys are going back to your UPS plan." and have a vote, do you think all supps would pass? Hell yes.

I believe your correct in 99% of the voters.
With that being said, there were many things I took displeasure in with regards to the Central Region Supplement.

slantnosechevy

It's going to take time to get through this. The extension is in place. Everyone needs to relax. Hoffa and Hall are talking with everyone involved in the negotiation process behind the scenes. Once you get attorneys and actuaries of various Health and Welfare plans involved because of the vote outcome it takes some time to come up with solutions. I'm glad it's taking time I don't want a rush solution. Everyone including the company is looking for wiggle room. Hall learned his lesson after running his mouth in the beginning....he doesn't need to throw anymore out there to the members until he has the facts. Everyone must remember that the Teamsters are negotiating with UPS Freight and ABF also at the same time. The longer it takes the more TDU will throw out rumors and opinions. Everyone will just have to be smart enough to sort through it all until they announce another tentative agreement. We all should be very good at sorting through bull$chit and truth working for UPS.

brown_trousers

It's not the Sec Tres job nor is it his job description. Its the negotiating committees. The supplements weren't voted down because of supplemental issues. It was healthcare. The hold up has little to do with the the supplements. If they turned around tomorrow and said, "You guys are going back to your UPS plan." and have a vote, do you think all supps would pass? Hell yes.

A change in healthcare like that would require changes to the NMA, which we would have to vote on again. I dont think either side, UPS or Teamsters, wants to hold another national ballot for a new TA.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
And what exactly is the negotiating committee going to negotiate with if they don't have an official list from the supplements that failed? They don't initiate those things, the locals involved do. I agree healthcare was the major reason for the vote downs. Wouldn't it make sense then that most people voted those things down because there was little to no info on the new healthcare for the regions voted down? The reason there's probably no info is because they're probably trying to get the insurances finalized so there's information for us to vote on. In my area, the union has till October or November to find insurance...one or the other. That's my take on it.

stink219

A change in healthcare like that would require changes to the NMA, which we would have to vote on again. I dont think either side, UPS or Teamsters, wants to hold another national ballot for a new TA.
Yet a change in the current Teamcare would not.