whinny driver

browniehound

Well, the package was not there this morning. But there was a note left in the truck saying that he wore his SUPERMAN underwear yesterday....LOL.

Nock,
You posted that the "driver refused" to deliver the package. The only way he can do that within UPS's rules is if wasn't sent help by management to lift it. Over9.5 made a great point. What if the parcel was to be delivered to a 3rd floor apartment? Would you deliver it? Heck, you are "whinning" because you have to move it 10 feet into the truck:whiteflag:. I think 10 feet is a lot easier than 3 flights or 2-wheeling over an unpaved 1000 foott driveway The driver is entitled to recieve teamster help for anything over 70lbs.

What you're missing here Nock, is this isn't the pre-load. The driver can't whistle another teamster over to help him lift the package. I'm sure you do this everyday with YOUR over 70's. Put yourself in his shoes. He has NOBODY out there he can call on except another driver and then that is up to management to send that driver over to help.

Do you think that driver is going to be happy? Can you imagine being called off of your pull for 30-40 minutes without anyone pulling your cages or loading your trucks? Where would that leave you? 30-40 minutes behind I will assume.

Esseentially one driver is pulled off his route and the other has to wait for the other to show up. Has it entered your mind that THE DRIVER WANTED IT OFF HIS TRUCK AS MUCH AS YOU DID??

We are talking 145 here, not 71. So to answer your question, I absolutely don't consider this whinnig on the drivers part. Not even close.

Us as drivers do a lot of complaining and whinning (except me of course:wink2:), but you have to come up with a better case than that, my friend.

farmerbrown

Dude I would have delivered it!!! If it was a sig required I might have brought it back but I would have told you to leave it out and I would handle it when I came in. I am physically capable of handling just about anything that UPS throws at me. Most of the time I do not need any teamster help to pick up ANYTHING, however there are times when it is just friggen impossible to deliver one of these 'over 70 monsters'. I know that your driver is not thinking of your frustration in having to deal with this package and only thinking about the crappy day ahead if he breeaks trace and delivers this one first. Cut your driver some slack and do not let this job turn you into an animal. These packages are hard on all of us and really should not be in our system anyway. Hang in there!!!:happy2:

Mike Hawk

Why is the OP so worried about seeing a send again 3 times? Has he really not figured out that UPS will try to deliver the package 3 times? After seeing a lot of our new hires I think UPS should have a basic IQ test as part of the application process.

old brown shoe

30 year driver
To the whinny loader, someday you may become a driver then you can be a whinny driver too. You work a few hours a day, try pumping this stuff off for 8- 11 hours a day. If you dont know the whole story don't assume anything and don't belive everything you hear second hand. The day he delivered the package there was proubly a good looking gal waiting for the package. We all turn into supermen then.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Honestly, I would think this driver would at least kept it in the car and on the floor.

If you're getting this package back threw the box line or others, then obviously someone (most likely the driver) took it out.

I understand your frustration the job is a pain. But you shouldn't alter the package in such a way. The only altering I do on a package is the HIN number and sometimes I leave a =) on it, mostly for over night stuff. :wink2:

Big Babooba

Honestly, I would think this driver would at least kept it in the car and on the floor.

If you're getting this package back threw the box line or others, then obviously someone (most likely the driver) took it out.

I understand your frustration the job is a pain. But you shouldn't alter the package in such a way. The only altering I do on a package is the HIN number and sometimes I leave a =) on it, mostly for over night stuff. :wink2:
At our building everything gets unloaded - no exceptions. I'm sure that there are other buildings where the policy is the same.

over9five

Staff member
At our building everything gets unloaded - no exceptions.

It really all HAS to be unloaded in a PAS/EDD building. All the last minute changes they make.... I know, they give you some sheet that tells you if the send-agains have changed car, but by the time you get it, can you find it?

Easier to have it unloaded each night, and re-spa'd.

BigBrownSanta

In my building send agains aren't pulled off the trucks at night. I end up having to peel the pal labels off all the send agains, otherwise they won't get put on the right shelf the next day.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

All of our send agains are pulled off the cars each night. I always make sure to pull off the PAL label on my send agains so that they do go through PAL again because there is a good chance that they will be PALed to a different section or may even be part of an add/cut.

looper804

Is it time to go home yet
All of our send agains are pulled off the cars each night. I always make sure to pull off the PAL label on my send agains so that they do go through PAL again because there is a good chance that they will be PALed to a different section or may even be part of an add/cut.
MY send agains are not pulled off but I also pull off the PAS label for the same reason.Once EDD arrives you learn to do that pretty quickly.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We leave send agains in truck. I don't know what happens to them after that. New PAL labels can be put over the old ones.

The problem is that if the SPA people see a PAL label in place they sometimes do not send that pkg through to receive a new PAL and, if the load location has changed, you will be searching for a pkg when simply pulling the PAL off a send again will make sure this doesn't happen.

New Englander

The problem is that if the SPA people see a PAL label in place they sometimes do not send that pkg through to receive a new PAL and, if the load location has changed, you will be searching for a pkg when simply pulling the PAL off a send again will make sure this doesn't happen.

The load location almost always changes 4000 - 8000. To some degree.

BigBrownSanta

Right, but if you have 7 pkgs for 123 Main St PALed to 4000 and a send again which had been PALed to 6000 yesterday you will be searching for that pkg or may even end up going back to that stop later due to the bad PAL.

That's exactly why I have had to start peeling the PAL labels. We've been on EDD for at least 4 years now, and that usually isn't a problem. Maybe occasionally a package or two wouldn't get re-PALed, but I recently got a new preloader and I don't know if she hasn't been trained properly or if she thinks she is saving time by just reloading the packages without new PAL labels, so I just peel the labels to be sure.

Overpaid Union Thug

That's exactly why I have had to start peeling the PAL labels. We've been on EDD for at least 4 years now, and that usually isn't a problem. Maybe occasionally a package or two wouldn't get re-PALed, but I recently got a new preloader and I don't know if she hasn't been trained properly or if she thinks she is saving time by just reloading the packages without new PAL labels, so I just peel the labels to be sure.

Here the local sort unloads all send agains at the end of their shift and are "supposed" to peel off the PALS so that this won't happen. LOL! Yeah right. It still happens.

feeder53

ADKtrails
I stay in my lane, and let everyone else run their truck. We have to answer to our sup about our truck. As far as loading, I get paid by the hour...sooooo load it back on....