White House Attack On Fox News

outamyway

Did this really happen to RUSH LIMBAUGH?

The Buzz Log What’s hot on Yahoo! Buzz (and why)...

Our crack team of editors takes a closer look at the hottest trends on Yahoo! Buzz.

• Obama's Fake Thesis Buzz

Rush Was Punked: “Obama Thesis” Hoax

by Claudine Zap 32 hours ago
    2,791 Votes
    It must have seemed so perfect. An obscure blogger unearths some pages of President Obama's college thesis. The report supposedly comes from big-time journalist Joe Klein of Time magazine. And the thesis has some real gems: like Obama's disdain for the Constitution.
    The whole thing was nothing more than a satirical post on a humor blog. But Rush Limbaugh, who quoted from the supposed thesis on his radio show, sure wasn't laughing. Here's how it went down.
    An unknown blogger picked up on a made-up post meant as a joke, which claimed that Joe Klein had gotten his hands on 10 pages of student Obama's college thesis. Rush Limbaugh jumped on it, which immediately sparked Web searches on "obama thesis."
    Supposedly titled "Aristocracy Revisited," the excerpt revealed the president had "doubts" about the "so-called founders." Juicy. Except not true. Limbaugh discovered halfway through his show that he'd been had, but defended himself by saying basically the thesis felt true. Listen in to Rush's mea sorta culpa.
    Joe Klein finally jumped in, and called the report "nonsense" on his Swampland blog, and the blogger who thought the hoax was real also apologized.
    Let's hope someone kept their sense of humor in all this. Still, for a humble post to go from humor blog to major media outlet sure seems impressive. Someone ought to write their thesis on it. For real.

Transcripts from his show that day. He found out an hour after he started to talk about the thesis, it may very well be made up. "I don't care if these quotes are made up. I know Obama thinks it. You know why I know Obama thinks it? Because I've heard him say it." I feel the exact same way. And I don't even listen to Rush.

RUSH: In the first hour of this program, I cited a statement that Michael Ledeen found on the blog Jumping in Pools reporting on Obama's college thesis written when he was at Columbia. The paper was called "Aristocracy Reborn," and in the first ten pages Obama wrote the following: "[T]he Constitution allows for many things but what it does not allow is the most revealing. The so-called Founders did not allow for economic freedom. While political freedom is supposedly a cornerstone of the document, the distribution of wealth is not even mentioned. While many believe the new Constitution gave them liberty, it instead fitted them with the shackles of hypocrisy." Now, I got a note from a researcher who has been scouring the Internet, and the note says this:

"Rush Limbaugh: Mini-warning on these quotes." Because the paper that Obama wrote, "Aristocracy Reborn," the first ten pages were all that reporter Joe Klein was permitted to see; and it says here that Klein did write about it for TIME Magazine. A researcher has been scouring the Internet and can't find any sources for the quote. "The blog that Ledeen cites doesn't have supporting info," supposedly. The source post that was from August, says it's going to be in an upcoming report from Joe Klein, but the researcher can't find anything that has come out since, and nothing in Klein's blog. There have been no matches found on the Internet for any of the info or quotes other than the source posting. So I now say that the blog from which this came has no sourcing data other than Joe Klein upcoming report and Joe Klein hasn't written his upcoming report.

So we have to hold out the possibility that this is not accurate. However, I have had this happen to me recently. I have had quotes attributed to me that were made up, and when it was pointed out to the media that the quotes were made up, they said, "It doesn't matter! We know Limbaugh thinks it anyway." Sort of like Dan Rather said, "I don't care if these documents are forged. I know that Bush did what he did at the National Guard. I don't care if the documents are forged." I don't care if the Limbaugh quotes are made up. So, I can say, "I don't care if these quotes are made up. I know Obama thinks it. You know why I know Obama thinks it? Because I've heard him say it." Not about the Constitution, but about the Supreme Court. Again, 2001, FM radio station interview in Chicago when he was a state senator in Illinois.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_102309/content/01125107.guest.html

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I stand by my original statement. Your entire post only supports my belief that you do not have the mental capacity to discern between the opinion shows like Glenn Beck versus news shows that are played the rest of the day. If fox is so right wing why is almost 50% of their viewership liberal? Its because as Pew research has shown they are the most balanced news channel on cable. The white house is simply annoyed that fox is not their lapdog like ABC, CBS, NBC, etc. is. Obama cannot handle criticism from anyone, he has to be praised all the time.

BRETT,

this isnt about mental capacity, but I guess you had to try to use a "big" word in discern, so I will try to help you along.

This from the PEW center:
Partisanship and Cable Sources

Four-in-ten (40%) Americans cite a major cable news outlet (CNN, Fox News and MSNBC) as their main source for news about national and international affairs. As in the past, comparable percentages say they rely on CNN (22%) and Fox News (19%) while fewer (6%) say they get most of their news from MSNBC.
There has been a gradual widening in the partisan differences in the viewership of both Fox News and CNN in recent years. More than three times as many Republicans (34%) as Democrats (10%) say they get most of their national and international news from Fox. By comparison, Democrats are more than twice as likely than Republicans to cite CNN (29% vs. 13%). A similar pattern is evident for MSNBC, with more Democrats (9%) than Republicans (3%) citing it as a main news source.

Whole report here:
http://www.people-press.org/2009/09/13/press-accuracy-rating-hits-two-decade-low/

Hardly backs up the claims made by FOX and yourself of viewership being close to 40% liberal, but then again, facts have never been your Forte'.

FAUX news in its lineup as posted gives you NO opportunity to demonstrate where they report NEWS and thats what this is about.

To be a news agency, you must report news. FOX is nothing more than a political channel expressing OPINION and not facts. Exageration, disinformation and hyperbole is the key to maintaining its republican audience as thats all they understand.

Just this morning, from 6am pst to 8am pst, its been health care. Two solid hours of bashing health care reform. How do you call this news?

Do you not know health care is being debated in congress and have to be reminded everyday, every 15 mins, every hour?

Every story on faux has these words: could be, may have, possibly could happen, might happen, ...nothing but contrived scare tactics.

If you read the pew research center report, accuracy among all cable news networks is down, mostly attributed to the BUSH term, where cable news turned into political arms of each party.

As for newspapers, they are a dying entity and should be allowed to die. People today, are turning to the internet as wireless technology allows them to search news with live feeds vs. yestersdays headlines.

Its funny how the right wing like Hannity, Rush and the like try to convince the audience that newspapers are failing because they are liberal in converage. This just isnt true.

Its alot easier to read the news on a laptop, than having to deal with newspaper and then storing or disposing of it.

Technology will ultimately kill the newspaper industry as citizens increase their home computer or laptop use thru wireless technology.

FAUX needs to be treated for what it is, a political arm of the right wing.

The Facade has been lifted and they got what they deserved, a slap in the face. The US isnt the only country in the whole kicking FOX off the air, It will only be a matter of time before BECK completely ruins the FOX reputation with his antics.

I cant wait for that to happen.
:peaceful:

klein

Für Meno :)
Fox news reminds me of the Jerry Springer Show, once popular, too.
Until people found out is was all BS, too.

moreluck

golden ticket member
That's a ridiculous comparison.......Fox goes well beyond the hills of West Virginia to get guests on their show.

brett636

BRETT,

this isnt about mental capacity, but I guess you had to try to use a "big" word in discern, so I will try to help you along.

This from the PEW center:
Partisanship and Cable Sources

Four-in-ten (40%) Americans cite a major cable news outlet (CNN, Fox News and MSNBC) as their main source for news about national and international affairs. As in the past, comparable percentages say they rely on CNN (22%) and Fox News (19%) while fewer (6%) say they get most of their news from MSNBC.
There has been a gradual widening in the partisan differences in the viewership of both Fox News and CNN in recent years. More than three times as many Republicans (34%) as Democrats (10%) say they get most of their national and international news from Fox. By comparison, Democrats are more than twice as likely than Republicans to cite CNN (29% vs. 13%). A similar pattern is evident for MSNBC, with more Democrats (9%) than Republicans (3%) citing it as a main news source.

Whole report here:
http://people-press.org/report/543/

Hardly backs up the claims made by FOX and yourself of viewership being close to 40% liberal, but then again, facts have never been your Forte'.

FAUX news in its lineup as posted gives you NO opportunity to demonstrate where they report NEWS and thats what this is about.

To be a news agency, you must report news. FOX is nothing more than a political channel expressing OPINION and not facts. Exageration, disinformation and hyperbole is the key to maintaining its republican audience as thats all they understand.

Just this morning, from 6am pst to 8am pst, its been health care. Two solid hours of bashing health care reform. How do you call this news?

Do you not know health care is being debated in congress and have to be reminded everyday, every 15 mins, every hour?

Every story on faux has these words: could be, may have, possibly could happen, might happen, ...nothing but contrived scare tactics.

If you read the pew research center report, accuracy among all cable news networks is down, mostly attributed to the BUSH term, where cable news turned into political arms of each party.

As for newspapers, they are a dying entity and should be allowed to die. People today, are turning to the internet as wireless technology allows them to search news with live feeds vs. yestersdays headlines.

Its funny how the right wing like Hannity, Rush and the like try to convince the audience that newspapers are failing because they are liberal in converage. This just isnt true.

Its alot easier to read the news on a laptop, than having to deal with newspaper and then storing or disposing of it.

Technology will ultimately kill the newspaper industry as citizens increase their home computer or laptop use thru wireless technology.

FAUX needs to be treated for what it is, a political arm of the right wing.

The Facade has been lifted and they got what they deserved, a slap in the face. The US isnt the only country in the whole kicking FOX off the air, It will only be a matter of time before BECK completely ruins the FOX reputation with his antics.

I cant wait for that to happen.
:peaceful:

Look, I could go out and gather up all the facts to disprove most, if not everything you just stated. The problem is you are a barking moonbat and will not listen to reason so I have better things to do like watch today's Glenn Beck show that I recorded on my DVR. Just remember that Fox's ratings blow the competition out of the water at anytime of the day. I'm sure you will sleep well at night knowing more people are watching Glenn Beck than all other cable news shows combined in that time slot. :peaceful:

klein

Look, I could go out and gather up all the facts to disprove most, if not everything you just stated. The problem is you are a barking moonbat and will not listen to reason so I have better things to do like watch today's Glenn Beck show that I recorded on my DVR. Just remember that Fox's ratings blow the competition out of the water at anytime of the day. I'm sure you will sleep well at night knowing more people are watching Glenn Beck than all other cable news shows combined in that time slot. :peaceful:

I'm afraid he might be right (mind you , up north we don't get Glenn).
But according to this map, most of "Jesusland" does. :

This map started popping up after the 2004 Presidential election in the US, when George W. Bush got re-elected (with a legitimate majority this time). Democratic challenger John friend. Kerry only won a handful of states, mainly on both coasts – where the electorate is more ‘liberal’ than in the more rural ‘flyover’ states in the middle. This map was to demonstrate the political divide between the Bushites on one side and rational people in the US and elsewhere.

brett636

I'm afraid he might be right (mind you , up north we don't get Glenn).
But according to this map, most of "Jesusland" does. :

This map started popping up after the 2004 Presidential election in the US, when George W. Bush got re-elected (with a legitimate majority this time). Democratic challenger John friend. Kerry only won a handful of states, mainly on both coasts – where the electorate is more ‘liberal’ than in the more rural ‘flyover’ states in the middle. This map was to demonstrate the political divide between the Bushites on one side and rational people in the US and elsewhere.

Some of these articles you cut and paste here I usually wonder if you really even comprehend what you are posting. In this case you obviously don't, but I expect nothing less from a man who would drink on company time. That information is neither relevant nor true today. Atleast in regards to the most recent presidential election where a lot of what you have labeled there as "Jesusland" voted for our current failure of a President. I do find it humorous when liberal wackos try to demean religious people for their faith. Regardless of what that faith is, at least they believe in principles as a foundation for their belief system. Principles that you wouldn't understand because you have no foundation for your beliefs other than government.

klein

Some of these articles you cut and paste here I usually wonder if you really even comprehend what you are posting. In this case you obviously don't, but I expect nothing less from a man who would drink on company time. That information is neither relevant nor true today. Atleast in regards to the most recent presidential election where a lot of what you have labeled there as "Jesusland" voted for our current failure of a President. I do find it humorous when liberal wackos try to demean religious people for their faith. Regardless of what that faith is, at least they believe in principles as a foundation for their belief system. Principles that you wouldn't understand because you have no foundation for your beliefs other than government.

Gee, I knew I would get in trouble with you, but it's all fun. Take a laugh now and then ! :)

But, you're right that map is from 2004.
"Greenland" got a lot smaller.

It's all good.
It was just fun.:whiteflag:

brett636

CNN drops to last place among cable news networks

CNN Drops to Last Place Among Cable News Networks

By Bill Carter Paul Hawthorne/Getty
CNN, which invented the cable news network more than two decades ago, will hit a new competitive low with its prime-time programs in October, finishing fourth – and last – among the cable news networks with the audience that all the networks rely on for their advertising.
The official monthly numbers will be finalized at 4 p.m. Monday and will include results from Friday. CNN executives conceded that will not change the competitive standing for the month. CNN will still be last in prime time. That means CNN’s programs were behind not only Fox News and MSNBC, but even its own sister network HLN (formerly Headline News.) Three of its four shows between 7 and 11 p.m. finished fourth and last among the cable news networks. That was the first time CNN had finished that poorly with its prime-time shows.

The results demonstrate once more the apparent preference of viewers for opinion-oriented shows from the news networks in prime time. CNN has steered opinion hosts like Nancy Grace to HLN, while maintaining more news-oriented shows on CNN itself. When news events are not being intensely followed, CNN executives acknowledge, viewers seem to be looking for partisan views more than objective coverage. Individually, the CNN shows were beaten resoundingly by all the Fox News programs, but also lost to all of the MSNBC programs, including a repeat of Keith Olbermann’s 8 p.m. edition of “Countdown,” which beat the 10 p.m. hour of CNN’s signature prime-time program, “Anderson Cooper 360.”
Again that was a first. Mr. Cooper had 211,000 viewers to 223,000 for Mr. Olbermann’s repeat. That meant Mr. Cooper finished fourth and last in the 10 p.m. hour because, besides being well behind the leader, Greta Van Susteren, who had 538,000 viewers, he was also beaten by a repeat of Nancy Grace’s 8 p.m. show on HLN, which averaged 222,000.

For the month, CNN averaged 202,000 viewers between the ages of 25 and 54 – the group that television news organizations use as their basis of success because of their advertising sales. That was far behind the dominant leader, Fox News, which averaged 689,000. But it also trailed MSNBC, which had 250,000 viewers in that group and HLN, which had 221,000.
The only CNN show from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. that did not finish last was Larry King, which was third, ahead of the new Joy Behar show on HLN. But Sean Hannity’s show on Fox News had a huge lead with 659,000 viewers in that age group. Second was Rachel Maddow on MSNBC with 242,000.
Mr. King averaged 224,000 and Ms. Behar 181,000.
At 7 p.m. CNN’s host, Lou Dobbs was fourth, barely beaten by Jane Velez Mitchell on HLN, 166,000 to 162,000. The big winner was Shepard Smith on Fox with 465,000 viewers. Second was Chris Matthews and “Hardball” on MSNBC, with 179,000 viewers.

CNN’s performance was worst in the 8 p.m. hour. Bill O’Reilly on Fox News continued his long dominance with the biggest numbers of any host, 881,000 viewers. Mr. Olbermann, with his first-run program, was second with 295,000. Close behind was the first edition of Ms. Grace’s show with 269,000. Campbell Brown on CNN trailed with only 162,000.
CNN executives emphasized that the network continues to draw more viewers than all its competitors except Fox News when all hours of the day are counted.
CNN released a statement Monday saying, “CNN’s ratings are always going to be more dependent on the news environment, much more so than opinion-based programming especially in prime time.”

bbsam

Staff member
Thank you. Either way it's still such a small number to produce a nation wide panic. I think more people die daily in auto wrecks than this flu, yet no one has called for the banning of all autos.
Yes, and the residents of New Orleans don't even come close to 1% so we may as well let them all rot.

diesel96

Give it up Fox (Am talk hate radio format) News lovers......People are not losing any sleep over your whining....and your catchy little phrase, "War on Fox"...Fox started the mud slinging since Murdock created the Network in the Nineties. Did nothing but promote the impeachment of Clinton, did everything to save face on GW's 2 term debacle (fox even hired his right-hand man Carl Rove), kept silent during the 2000/2004 election recount and controversies, defended the Bush Adm handling of Katrina, and now, promoting demonstrations and rallys against the President, doing everything posible in posing Obama in a negative light.....It's about time an Administration fought back gave Fox a TV time out....expose Fox for what they really are...A mark for the Rep Party......exposing the CON in CONservatives.....What's a matter Fox? Why so sensitive? Your not used to people standing up and calling you out for what your truly are...

And if you stay home and watch cable news every night, you really ought to get a life, or fire your cable/satellite co.....

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Ya know I thought I would never hate speeches from anyone as much as I hated the ones in the morning., I was wrong. The voice sends a quiver down my spine,( or up my leg) but not a good one.

wkmac

Good read. Thanks for the link.:happy2:

Your welcome. In the case of Dr. Block, here is the comments from an economics professor at Loyola College who was actually present for Block's presentation. However in fairness to disclosure, this professor and Block are good friends and it was this professor who helped arrange Block's visit to the college but I felt it fair to disclose that fact upfront.
Block and DiLorenzo both have a relationship with the Mises Institute and LRC also.

In the case of Rush (I'm not a fan at all of him) I would think those who "so-call" oppose his ideas and agenda (his Statism verses their Statism) would welcome his looking elsewhere, the NFL in this case, in that he might get so involved as to leave radio altogether. In fact, I'd bet if this happened that he'd have to tone down just to satisfy the NFL owners cartel. Even after all the efforts of the so-called left to end Rush's career, I'd better the farm, if Rush became an NFL owner, that small owners enclave would be the end of Rush's vocal career.

As such, I think the so-called left, (come on, let's don't defame the true left with who's panties are really in a bunch) are nothing but democrats pretending to be true left. Just as Rush is pretending to be true limited gov't and free market. The ultimate "CON" IMHO!

IMO it proves once again that all of this is nothing put public theater along the lines of Rome's wine and circus! Looking at gov't and society over time, I conclude the 2 politcal parties as the good guy/bad guy scenario of championship wrestling to entertain the dumb rubes in the audience. And the perfromance is always sold out should speak volumes about the so-called "Great American People!"

bbsam

Staff member
Anyone see Jon Stewarts piece on this highlighting the Republican hypocrisy (surprise!). Very funny and informative.

tieguy

Banned
.It's about time an Administration fought back gave Fox a TV time out....expose Fox for what they really are...A mark for the Rep Party......exposing the CON in CONservatives.....What's a matter Fox? Why so sensitive? Your not used to people standing up and calling you out for what your truly are...

I love your sentiments and I challenge you to hold onto them when a future republican president does the same thing to MSNBC.

I think the problem is that liberals don't know the difference between a fact and an opinion. CNBC, and Bloomerg programming is based mostly on opinion.
They will take something like a 3.5% GDP growth rate and make opinions on it. Anything contrary to this administration is evil. I see more anti-Obama on CNBC than anywhere else.