Who actually pulls ECM cases?

TampaCRG

Does anyone here pull ECM cases and call back the customer / log it in the system?

For those who don't - ECM (as it's called on my end, at least) is the program that relays messages from the customer service lines to the actually package center (in lieu of providing the center's local number).

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Does anyone here pull ECM cases and call back the customer / log it in the system?

For those who don't - ECM (as it's called on my end, at least) is the program that relays messages from the customer service lines to the actually package center (in lieu of providing the center's local number).

This is handled by the OMS people in the center.

SouthCal

Had a personnel one where a collection agency was fishing around for an employee..somewhere in UPS..
This system needs to be fine tuned..somehow..

Holy crap. There needs to be a line drawn somewhere there. I have a LONG list of complaints about the 800#.

-Namely that they can't spell to save their lives. The spelling that I see coming through on messages is atrocious. A new one I saw recently utilised "addy" in place of address. No. This is not 1994 and the internet is not new anymore. I've also seen a spate of "Text Speak". Please use complete words, nothing looks worse to me than numbers and letters jumbled up together. Even when I message the drivers I use complete words and sentences.

-Another is that just because the customer is irate and screaming at you does not mean that you need to call me at the center unless it's a NDA service package. Send me a message and give the customer time to calm down. No, I don't want to talk to the customer right then and there, thank you for putting me on the spot.

-If you're going to send a concern, please, for the love of god, make sure that you've put it in the correct category. Just last week I had a concern that came in as a personnel concern that should have never been issued as a concern had the person at the 800# done their job correctly. At the very least, it should have been an improper return concern, and I don't even agree with that. Basic 1 package attempted 3 times and RTS'd. The customer was cussing and swearing at my OMS because my driver and clerk had done their jobs correctly. She should be grateful she got three attempts; it's a basic 1 package to a No DR address.

I could come up with a lot more, but this was all I had time for.

DS

Fenderbender
Hi IslandGirl ,I'm a driver in Toronto.Exactly what does ECM stand for?
We get what they call DCR's (delivery change requests)...
As in,futures,address corrections ,special requests like (please deliver after 4pm)
and such.I guess these are requests that customers call in after 6pm because
if they call during the day we get a text message and instructions ie: give to clerk for dcr
Is this what you are talking about?
A lot of times I will get DS,can you please make a 2nd attempt for such and such before 3PM
because they are leaving on a plane and need it asap.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Holy crap. There needs to be a line drawn somewhere there. I have a LONG list of complaints about the 800#.

-Namely that they can't spell to save their lives. The spelling that I see coming through on messages is atrocious. A new one I saw recently utilised "addy" in place of address. No. This is not 1994 and the internet is not new anymore. I've also seen a spate of "Text Speak". Please use complete words, nothing looks worse to me than numbers and letters jumbled up together. Even when I message the drivers I use complete words and sentences.

-Another is that just because the customer is irate and screaming at you does not mean that you need to call me at the center unless it's a NDA service package. Send me a message and give the customer time to calm down. No, I don't want to talk to the customer right then and there, thank you for putting me on the spot.

-If you're going to send a concern, please, for the love of god, make sure that you've put it in the correct category. Just last week I had a concern that came in as a personnel concern that should have never been issued as a concern had the person at the 800# done their job correctly. At the very least, it should have been an improper return concern, and I don't even agree with that. Basic 1 package attempted 3 times and RTS'd. The customer was cussing and swearing at my OMS because my driver and clerk had done their jobs correctly. She should be grateful she got three attempts; it's a basic 1 package to a No DR address.

I could come up with a lot more, but this was all I had time for.

The customer had every right to be upset with the driver. Basics are to be delivered on the first attempt whether or not the address is a no DR address. Three attempts on a Basic is a waste of time and resources.

DS

Fenderbender
The customer had every right to be upset with the driver. Basics are to be delivered on the first attempt whether or not the address is a no DR address. Three attempts on a Basic is a waste of time and resources.
Upstate,we don't have basic here,but what you said makes no sense to me.
How can you deliver a sig req pkg if theres nobody there to sign for it?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Upstate,we don't have basic here,but what you said makes no sense to me.
How can you deliver a sig req pkg if theres nobody there to sign for it?

Basic is our lowest level of service. We can DR them anywhere, even to no DR addresses. Shippers pay a reduced shipping charge for this service with the understanding that they cannot file a claiim on the pkg. My center manager would tear me a new one if I made 3 attempts on a Basic.

With that being said a concern like that should not be a hourly personnel, what we used to call a rude hourly. At best it would be a concern for the RTS.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Basic is our lowest level of service. We can DR them anywhere, even to no DR addresses. Shippers pay a reduced shipping charge for this service with the understanding that they cannot file a claiim on the pkg. My center manager would tear me a new one if I made 3 attempts on a Basic.

With that being said a concern like that should not be a hourly personnel, what we used to call a rude hourly. At best it would be a concern for the RTS.

I disagree, again.
I don't leave these packages "anywhere".
As I have posted before, per the DIAD, we have the availability to use descretion.
When I deem a Basic package risky, I put it in will call.
Your Center Manager doesn't scare me.
04262010222.jpg
04262010222.jpg

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
We had a driver gigged on a back track audit for leaving a Basic package in plain view in front of a business.
The driver was enraged, as he felt as does UpState does, that these packages can be left "anywhere".
LP said although they can be driver released at locations otherwise restricted, we are not exempt from following the other DR methods such as out of sight and out of weather.
The most common scenario where I put a basic package in will call is apartments buildings where I can't get in.
Use descretion, if nothing else the customer will appreciate not having their package stolen or damaged.

DS

Fenderbender
Basic is our lowest level of service. We can DR them anywhere, even to no DR addresses. My center manager would tear me a new one if I made 3 attempts on a Basic.

I have not heard of a no DR address either.Does this pop up in the board?
Are you saying the driver made no attempt for 3 consecutive days
and simply RTS'd the pkg? Thats warning letter # 1 here.
A rude hourly here is now referred to as a code 14,
when a customer phones in a complaint.
Same company different planet?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I have not heard of a no DR address either.Does this pop up in the board?
Are you saying the driver made no attempt for 3 consecutive days
and simply RTS'd the pkg? Thats warning letter # 1 here.
A rude hourly here is now referred to as a code 14,
when a customer phones in a complaint.
Same company different planet?

No way for me to be sure, but we have addresses that have made claims or may be in a questionable neighborhood (about half my route) that are locked out from being able to DR.
It's called a note: 4 here.
It's found in the lower left hand corner of the package screen.
Note:1 is DR allowed.
Perhaps this is what they were talking about.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
My diad has no such prompt as shown by bubblehead,
My diad 4 runs on the original atari platform.:wink2:

Try it tomorrow.
After you scan in a basic package that tells you that you can leave it at apts, condos, businesses, etc hit the nondelivery soft key.
The picture of the prompt I posted should come up.
Of course it could be a Canadian Commodore 64 DIAD platform glitch.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We had a driver gigged on a back track audit for leaving a Basic package in plain view in front of a business.
The driver was enraged, as he felt as does UpState does, that these packages can be left "anywhere".
LP said although they can be driver released at locations otherwise restricted, we are not exempt from following the other DR methods such as out of sight and out of weather.
The most common scenario where I put a basic package in will call is apartments buildings where I can't get in.
Use descretion, if nothing else the customer will appreciate not having their package stolen or damaged.

I meant to add that I do not DR Basic at businesses. I was talking about residentials when I said that I leave them whether they are a no DR address or not while still following proper DR methods. I would never leave a Basic at a closed business.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I meant to add that I do not DR Basic at businesses. I was talking about residentials when I said that I leave them whether they are a no DR address or not while still following proper DR methods. I would never leave a Basic at a closed business.

and you would not do either in Canada

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Hard to move forward when you're pedaling back wards.:wink2:

Last edited: