Who actually pulls ECM cases?

BrownSuit

Hi IslandGirl ,I'm a driver in Toronto.Exactly what does ECM stand for?

Not Island Girl, but I'll answer - Enterprise Contact Management. The current system has been in place company-wide for a little over a year. For the life of me I can't remember what the system used to be called. The current system has quite a few more bells and whistles for tracking and management than the old. It is a Oracle based system, which is what a handful of CSC/BD systems have been switching to of late.

There is a process when the messages are inappropriately sent, has that been pursued? Your Management Team would be aware of what needs to happen.

SouthCal

There is a process when the messages are inappropriately sent, has that been pursued? Your Management Team would be aware of what needs to happen.

Yes, I followed the correct procedure to have the concern removed from the driver and center profiles as soon as I saw and determined what was going on with the package. Unfortunately, hearing back from the committee that decides whether it's removed is hit or miss in regards to getting back to you to let you know of the status of the concern. This is something I feel needs to be improved upon. My boss would rather I make the decision at the end of the day to IIP a concern if it's warranted. He'd rather I go ahead and make the decision and let him know about it afterward; especially if it's something like this.

The customer had every right to be upset with the driver. Basics are to be delivered on the first attempt whether or not the address is a no DR address. Three attempts on a Basic is a waste of time and resources.

I'll respectfully disagree with you. The neighbourhood that the customer lives in does not have the best reputation for leaving packages and it's already a level 4 No DR address. It's one of our highest DFU neighbourhoods, so no, leaving it would not have been a viable delivery option in my opinion. I will agree with you that three attempts on a Basic 1 is a gross waste of time and resources. However, I can forgive the driver for not pulling it and giving it to the clerk. I'd venture so far as to say a good 85-90% of a driver's daily deliveries are ground packages, which DO get three attempts. How frequently are you going to remember that a) you have a Basic package in an ocean of ground deliveries and b) remember to pull it after the first attempt? I'd venture to say probably one in five are going to be properly processed after the first attempt.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Basic packages are clearly labeled in big letters. My experience is different in that we do not have any non-DR neighborhoods in our center. We do have a few specific addresses but are instructed to DR Basic to these as well.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I have not heard of a no DR address either.Does this pop up in the board?
Are you saying the driver made no attempt for 3 consecutive days
and simply RTS'd the pkg? Thats warning letter # 1 here.
A rude hourly here is now referred to as a code 14,
when a customer phones in a complaint.
Same company different planet?
Yes, as soon as you try to DR a pkg in a level 4 clssified area.

DS,

We have already been through the "no DR" issue here.

If it is no DR, that means even Basic here...in my center...in Fl.
Ditto!

My diad has no such prompt as shown by bubblehead,
My diad 4 runs on the original atari platform.:wink2:
Time to upgrade to windows 83.

Try it tomorrow.
After you scan in a basic package that tells you that you can leave it at apts, condos, businesses, etc hit the nondelivery soft key.
The picture of the prompt I posted should come up.
Of course it could be a Canadian Commodore 64 DIAD platform glitch.
LOL, Touché!

We don't have basic
Ah, never mind then.
I misspoke.
can-panic-attacks-cause-fainting.jpg

All this, but no cure for cancer.

Yes, I followed the correct procedure to have the concern removed from the driver and center profiles as soon as I saw and determined what was going on with the package. Unfortunately, hearing back from the committee that decides whether it's removed is hit or miss in regards to getting back to you to let you know of the status of the concern. This is something I feel needs to be improved upon. My boss would rather I make the decision at the end of the day to IIP a concern if it's warranted. He'd rather I go ahead and make the decision and let him know about it afterward; especially if it's something like this.

I'll respectfully disagree with you. The neighbourhood that the customer lives in does not have the best reputation for leaving packages and it's already a level 4 No DR address. It's one of our highest DFU neighbourhoods, so no, leaving it would not have been a viable delivery option in my opinion. I will agree with you that three attempts on a Basic 1 is a gross waste of time and resources. However, I can forgive the driver for not pulling it and giving it to the clerk. I'd venture so far as to say a good 85-90% of a driver's daily deliveries are ground packages, which DO get three attempts. How frequently are you going to remember that a) you have a Basic package in an ocean of ground deliveries and b) remember to pull it after the first attempt? I'd venture to say probably one in five are going to be properly processed after the first attempt.
Always, that's why you place send agains, air and clerk pkgs in a specific location in the pkg car.

Nimnim

The Nim
Time to upgrade to windows 83.

Oh c'mon, there was no Windows in 83, sure it was announced then, but it wasn't released until 85. Now DOS 2.0, which was released in 83 is still probably better than an atari, but with less games. Man, how much fun would a diad be if it had games on it? Stuck in traffic, oh well use the diad to play some Oregon trail and hope your sheep don't die of dysentery. :wink2:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
The bottom line on this is, the app can't transmit personal info the user doesn't put on their page. There is also a way to hide that info as well.
NO, the real bottom line is, if you don't have a Facebook account, you don't have to worry about this nonsense. If you don't have a cellphone, you don't.......:happy2: