Who am I 251

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Do you guys believe that these elected positions, with all their trappings, pressures, and responsibilities, should be rewarded at a similar or higher rate of pay than the rest of the membership?

....or perhaps you believe these elected positions should be lower paying jobs?

There's no wrong answer here, just opinions, and it is my opinion that these jobs should come with a substantial bump in compensation if you are one of less than 10, out of thousands, chosen (elected) to represent.

Conversely, if these chosen few are not equal to the compensated task, they can be replaced ever three years.
Seems like a pretty good system to me?

Gimme Danger

Salaries in 251 used to be so far above what members made, that officers were out of touch. Now they are paid well, but not extravagantly. I believe they should be paid slightly above what the highest paid members make. Let's remember, they don't have to do the same work anymore (usually physical labor), so the work complaint card gets thrown out. If an official doesn't like the job, step down or don't run again, and go back to craft.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Salaries in 251 used to be so far above what members made, that officers were out of touch. Now they are paid well, but not extravagantly. I believe they should be paid slightly above what the highest paid members make. Let's remember, they don't have to do the same work anymore (usually physical labor), so the work complaint card gets thrown out. If an official doesn't like the job, step down or don't run again, and go back to craft.
It's not about the money. It's about providing the best for our members. Wages, job security, benefits and retirements.

Takeback251

I'd agree with somewhat above the highest paid, providing your earning it. How much above? Debatable I guess. And also true is that they don't have to do the same type work anymore. But that's not to say their work isn't difficult, just in a different way. If Gimmie Danger feels it's easy...his BA isn't working hard enough.
Another way to look at this is that these chosen few are like the CEO and president and Vice Presidents of a company with 5600 clients, who pay their salaries. How much does the CEO of a 5600 customer/client/member make?

You know me...
@251 @Elvis251 and a couple others that I can't remember right now.

I haven't been on here in months and I'm only on here now because when I went to delete the app from my phone (memory is full) I clicked on it and it opened. But after reading this thread, you can rest assured that you won't see me on here again. It would take too much time to properly respond to the plethora of misinformation that has been spouted here and I'm way too busy with my members to even think about it.

All I will say is this. In less than a month, 1 slate is going to be in power and 2 slates will go back to work. In that vulnerable time, it is absolutely imperative that the healing process of this local begins, and the leaders of each slate instruct their supporters to stand down. A house divided amongst itself will NEVER stand, and this brotherhood has no place for and should not tolerate internal grudges when there is no election on the table.

It is concerning to me when the terms "your side" and "our side" have been mentioned repeatedly by our membership, and are not in refrence to Management vs the Union. We are leaving a gaping hole in our local for management to infiltrate and destroy us internally. This must end.

After this heated and nasty election is over, I beg all of my brothers and sisters, weither you agree politically with eachother or not, to just consider for a second the power we will have in recognizing that there is only one "Us", and one "Them". Which side are you on?

Takeback251

In this particular instance "us" is people that care about the members of this local. "Them" is the current UA adminstration of 251 who cares only about grandstanding, showboating, their own political advancement, and continuous lieing to make themselves feel better.
Thanks for stopping by. See you in three months.