Who are Locals 705

tieguy

Banned
Some questions to ask as we listen to threats of a strike. I've excluded 710 at this point since they have been quiet and therefore seem to be doing better at the table then 705.

Who is 705. What is their makeup. Are they a TDU/ Ron Carey local like 804?

Who is the leadership of this local and whats their history.

What kind of relationship does 705 have with the national union. Is it a poor relationship as rumored? Will the national support a possible strike or squash any attempts to walk.

If there is a poor relationship between 705 and the national as rumored then could these talks lead to the national stepping in and taking over 705 as they have done at other locals.

Why is it that negotiations seem to be progressing so much better for 710 then 705. Is there a personality conflict present at the 705 table that is not present at 710's?

Gosh Tie,you`ve been calling us propaganda spreaders,liar's,goons,cronies,better than the rest of the teamsters,etc,etc.
And now your saying you don`t know who we are? Tell you what,show up with Tie on your "My Name Is" name tag next Friday and I`ll introduce myself.

55andout?

Gosh Tie,you`ve been calling us propaganda spreaders,liar's,goons,cronies,better than the rest of the teamsters,etc,etc.
And now your saying you don`t know who we are? Tell you what,show up with Tie on your "My Name Is" name tag next Friday and I`ll introduce myself.
Sounds like a threat.

tieguy

Banned

I have a couple of vacations left. Might use one to come out and watch all the long faces when you guys return and find out you lost a thousand jobs. :happy-very:

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Might use one to come out and watch all the long faces when you guys return and find out you lost a thousand jobs. :happy-very:

While I find job losses sad, I see your point. And a thousand jobs is a relatively conservative number. I can see a suburban hub going dark for good if 705 walks......-Rocky

babboo25

Banned
I am in local 710. Local 705 is asking for way too much. 1.00hr for the next five years is ridiculous. Someone needs to step in before its too late.

loserupser

Two minute Therapist
Well when the company gets a serious offer on the table we will get reasonable. So we should take less than the national? They offered us 30 cents split for the 1st year 48months for progression and 36 months for family health coverage, come on get serious!
I am in local 710. Local 705 is asking for way too much. 1.00hr for the next five years is ridiculous. Someone needs to step in before its too late.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Some questions to ask as we listen to threats of a strike. I've excluded 710 at this point since they have been quiet and therefore seem to be doing better at the table then 705.

Because 705 members stand up against management like yourself? If theres nothing posted how can you assume they are doing better?

Who is 705. What is their makeup. Are they a TDU/ Ron Carey local like 804?
Who is the leadership of this local and whats their history.

Everyone of our ups agents and sec/treas came from ups as hourlies. Why would you call 804 a tdu local? Because they actually believe that their leadership should be held accountable?

What kind of relationship does 705 have with the national union. Is it a poor relationship as rumored? Will the national support a possible strike or squash any attempts to walk.

What rumors? I have yet to see any bad blood rumors. Steve and jimmy (hoffa) are friends. Why would hoffa step in?

there is a poor relationship between 705 and the national as rumored then could these talks lead to the national stepping in and taking over 705 as they have done at other locals.

Now this is great propaganda, the ibt cannot step in and remove our leadership because they wont bend over and take it from ups!

Why is it that negotiations seem to be progressing so much better for 710 then 705. Is there a personality conflict present at the 705 table that is not present at 710's?

Were is your proof? Did i miss the post were 710 has settled?

New Englander

Well when the company gets a serious offer on the table we will get reasonable. So we should take less than the national? They offered us 30 cents split for the 1st year 48months for progression and 36 months for family health coverage, come on get serious!

You should be part of the Master. It's pretty unreasonable to me that your not.

Personally I hope your new contract is viewed as less then ours. Then maybe you'll all join the rest of us so we can honest preach togetherness on this stuff.

705red

Browncafe Steward
While I find job losses sad, I see your point. And a thousand jobs is a relatively conservative number. I can see a suburban hub going dark for good if 705 walks......-Rocky
You can see this all the way from denver? You have never been known for the drama, did you not start a poll to see if you should stay here or leave at one point?

705red

Browncafe Steward
You should be part of the Master. It's pretty unreasonable to me that your not.

Personally I hope your new contract is viewed as less then ours. Then maybe you'll all join the rest of us so we can honest preach togetherness on this stuff.
Togetherness? Why dont we have it now? Do you have a supplement? Does it differ from the rest of the national? We will not take $8.50 for ptimers, why didnt you push to raise the pay?

You wish ill on another teamster brother and you want to preach about togetherness? I dont remember hearing 705 members yelling at you in 97, and i sure dont remember being thanked by you for honoring your strike. But keep talking togetherness, right now we couldnt be farther apart by your posts!

drewed

Shankman
Togetherness? Why dont we have it now? Do you have a supplement? Does it differ from the rest of the national? We will not take $8.50 for ptimers, why didnt you push to raise the pay?

You wish ill on another teamster brother and you want to preach about togetherness? I dont remember hearing 705 members yelling at you in 97, and i sure dont remember being thanked by you for honoring your strike. But keep talking togetherness, right now we couldnt be farther apart by your posts!

why have you taken it in every other negotiations!

705red

Browncafe Steward
why have you taken it in every other negotiations!
We took office in 04 and there has not been a chance seeing that this is the first contract under this administration. I have told you this for the very last time.

As a sup are you not concerned that your ptimers currently make $8.50. Dont you think they deserve more?

New Englander

Fact of the matter is you HAD to honor our strike. You had no option. Once the pilots stopped flying it would be pretty hard to get new volume into your local, no?
Stop acting as if you had any other option.

Are the pilots going to honor your strike?

The only way it should be is everyone under the Master then regional sups after that.

Plain and simple.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Fact of the matter is you HAD to honor our strike. You had no option. Once the pilots stopped flying it would be pretty hard to get new volume into your local, no?
Stop acting as if you had any other option.

Are the pilots going to honor your strike?

The only way it should be is everyone under the Master then regional sups after that.

Plain and simple.
We could have stayed working and gotten paid but we backed you! Thats plain and simple and still you cant say thanks. I see your in new england and since we will have pickets up in your area will you honor ours? Because the pilots are.

drewed

Shankman
You dont have much to say in any of your posts but it hasnt stopped you. Add something of value and stop depending on tie to bail you out.

And what the hell do you have to say? you have 4 threads that you started that have the exact same tired bull:censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:, youre old and busted just like the teamsters, get off your high horse deal with life, deal with UPS and get off the gravy train because youre ruining it for the rest of us

Channahon

I think Local 705 should go on strike, as they took their strike vote, and see how well that works for the employees, the customers, the local and UPS.

In today's economy, maybe just the change needed for all involved.

Then everyone can adjust to their new business models, to get back to where they were before the strike. Or just be out of business, except UPS, of course, my guess would be they would or are working on a new business plan, if a strike was to occur.

And the "closed shop" may not be open anymore. As opposed to your right to work states, who fall under the National Agreement, for their union members. Just a thought