Who can help with a logo ? Dizzee, maybe ???

Wow, this will be different !
Going from 1 of the largest outdoor rock concert festivals to 1 of the largest catholic pilgrimages in Canada !

My new upcomming event to attend, cook, and serve my delicious dogs :

Jul 16 to Jul 21 (camp sites open July 13th)
Each year in July, approximately 40,000 pilgrims gather on the shore of Lac St. Anne in celebration of their faith. Began in 1889, this First Nations Catholic pilgrimage has grown to become the biggest annual Catholic gathering in Western Canada.

You`ll go from being the groper to the gropee. Say hi to Father Hanrahan when you sit on his lap.

klein

Für Meno :)
Finished what I could do for now, missing some pics from another co-worker I had there... but this was the rockfest :

satellitedriver

After enduring the video of "Boonstock", a good name for your company would be "Boon Doggle".
I never saw a hot dog being eaten and only one sold, but you had a lot of buns on film.
:surprised:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Here's a way to increase your take....tenfold !!!!!

Serendipity 3 has been a New York City institution since 1954. It’s a popular tourist attraction that was frequented by such legends as Marilyn Monroe, Jackie Kennedy and Andy Warhol , and served as the setting for multiple films, most notably the 2001 romantic comedy Serendipity , starring John Cusack and Kate Beckinsdale.

Owner Stephen Bruce has always known the value of a good publicity stunt, so on June 23, 2010, otherwise known as National Hot Dog Day, the restaurant offered the "Haute Dog," a foot-long frank grilled in white truffle butter and covered in black truffles and foie gras. It sold for $69.00, earning the Guinness World Record for the most expensive hot dog in the world

DS

Fenderbender
So John,with the boondoggle and the catholic aboriginal folk,how much money did you make?
So good you're off to Florida again?
Are the weinerwagons going to be a franchise?
Did the post office ever call you back?
Is it hot enough for ya?

So John,with the boondoggle and the catholic aboriginal folk,how much money did you make?
Is it hot enough for ya?

Moderators should not use full names on the BC. Might lead to misunderstandings when others use them. Or so I was told.

klein

Is it hot enough for ya?

Well, had a wonderful week at the pilgrimage. Nice friendly people and after 2-3 days, word has gotten around that my brother and I had the best food (hotdogs and hamburgers) .
I run the hotdog stand, he does the hamburgers.

It was a slowstart, only earning $100 per day, until they noticed we had the best food.
We basically put out another hamburger/hotdog stand out of business that was near us !
He was sort of a pain of a butt, as he always came to snoop around why we were so successful.

To Sat: All my pop sold out, had to buy more ! Rockstar and Powerade sold very well ! Along with water, Ice Tea and Dr Pepper, right behind Pepsi.
Money on botteld water is unbelievable ! $2.49 a 24 pack, and we sell it for $1.50 per bottle !
I made some pics and a short video, but need to clip that together , yet too.

We did suffer from employee theft though and had to fire them and it was in the thousand range :(
Won't happen ever again !

This Friday we have a CFL tailgate party with Rona (homehardware, and a sponser of the CFL).
Should be meeting some Eskimo players and more there.

Then we have a Harley Davidson Biker Rally on the 5th,6th and 7th to do, just outside of Edmonton.
As you can tell, been keeping pretty busy, and we both love the job and the awesome events we get to go to.

Last edited:

klein

We also purschased this side tent for our business (eating area - the beige one).
And we purschased 2 commercial coffee machines and will be selling Tim Hortons coffee as of Friday.
Huge seller ! The other guy at the pilgrimage earned $1000 per day on coffee alone !

P

pickup

We did suffer from employee theft though and had to fire them and it was in the thousand range :(
Won't happen ever again !

Yes, this is rather common, cash passing through the hands of employees sometimes doesn't make it to the till.
Obviously, since you caught onto the scheme, you have some ways of verifying if your employees are doing the right thing.
Count what is on hand, the number of patties, hotdogs, sodas waters etc. If you start out with x amount of inventory and end up with y at any given point, the money on hand should reflect what left your inventory. Get to know your stock and position it in such a way that every time you count the money you will be able to determine if there are any shortages just by quickly looking at your stock.

Theft and avarice is a common thing in this business. This is why many a celebrity have found that having "successful" restaurants with their names on them means squat when they are on not on site to notice all the stealing going on. While this sort of thing can't be totally eliminated you can use the avarice part to your advantage. Pay your workers well if you can. They can do the math too and can tell if you are making a lot of money. Perhaps something of a bonus for them if your sales exceed a certain amount . For every sale above a set amount, they earn a small percentage- nothing that will really affect your bottom line but something that translates into a tangible reward for them at the end of the day . Obviously, if you have a bad day, then they do too. If you have a good day, then they get to wet their beaks as well.

I am glad you are doing well, Mr. Klein. I hope for your continued success.

klein

After enduring the video of "Boonstock", a good name for your company would be "Boon Doggle".
I never saw a hot dog being eaten and only one sold, but you had a lot of buns on film.
:surprised:

You know, I noticed that myself and this time around again at the Pligrimage (the video)... but, I simply can't film when I'm busy and the line ups are there.
I can only film and even smoke when it's slow.

Yes, this is rather common, cash passing through the hands of employees sometimes doesn't make it to the till.
Obviously, since you caught onto the scheme, you have some ways of verifying if your employees are doing the right thing.
Count what is on hand, the number of patties, hotdogs, sodas waters etc. If you start out with x amount of inventory and end up with y at any given point, the money on hand should reflect what left your inventory. Get to know your stock and position it in such a way that every time you count the money you will be able to determine if there are any shortages just by quickly looking at your stock.

Theft and avarice is a common thing in this business. This is why many a celebrity have found that having "successful" restaurants with their names on them means squat when they are on not on site to notice all the stealing going on. While this sort of thing can't be totally eliminated you can use the avarice part to your advantage. Pay your workers well if you can. They can do the math too and can tell if you are making a lot of money. Perhaps something of a bonus for them if your sales exceed a certain amount . For every sale above a set amount, they earn a small percentage- nothing that will really affect your bottom line but something that translates into a tangible reward for them at the end of the day . Obviously, if you have a bad day, then they do too. If you have a good day, then they get to wet their beaks as well.

I am glad you are doing well, Mr. Klein. I hope for your continued success.

Yup, if I ever hire strangers again, every bag clip will be saved and every plastic ring of soda (pop) will be, too.
And yes, was thinking the same - let them work on a percentage and or bonus.
Oh well, I learned out of it, and it was just bad timing my former really good and honest employee wasn't available for this last event.

I'll have her back on Friday for the V.I.P tailgate CFL party though.
We are doing the catering for about 200 people who won the Rona Homehardware Store all inclusive CFL V.I.P tickets contest.
Going to be fun :)

Last edited:

satellitedriver

You know, I noticed that myself and this time around again at the Pligrimage (the video)... but, I simply can't film when I'm busy and the line ups are there.
I can only film and even smoke when it's slow.
I still think Boon Doggle was a clever double entendre.
Actually that might be a triple entendre, since you had your debut at Boonstock.
I have no idea if there is such a beast as a triple.

Shrinkage-(employee theft)- is the number one cause of profit loss. In my ignorance, I thought it was going to be a two man operation, between you and your brother.
If you intend to have employees in the future, invest in a simple cash register that has inter-changeable cash drawers and can run a Z and X tape.
Every drawer should always start out with the same amount of cash and change.
Only one person can run the register at a shift. Pull the drawer and run a Z tape, when another person takes over the register.

Do a quick balance of the drawer and justify it to the Z tape.
Example;The tape says $400 in sales and you know the drawer had $100 to start, the extra damn well better add up to $300
Really, it does not take long .
Sorry, friends just came over for BBQ,.
I will dispense more wisdom later.
:funny:

Yup, if I ever hire strangers again, every bag clip will be saved and every plastic ring of soda (pop) will be, too.
And yes, was thinking the same - let them work on a percentage and or bonus.
Oh well, I learned out of it, and it was just bad timing my former really good and honest employee wasn't available for this last event.

I'll have her back on Friday for the V.I.P tailgate CFL party though.
We are doing the catering for about 200 people who won the Rona Homehardware Store all inclusive CFL V.I.P tickets contest.
Going to be fun :)

klein

2 man operation today at Rona (equals Homedepot for you US people, but is 100% Canadian owned).
We landed a whole summer contract there today, - awesome !

DS

Fenderbender
I'm glad it's working out for you John,the Rona contract is a biggie.
I thought they were another US company like target grazing .
Have you secured a deal with the bretzel lady or have you relented and
decided on the standard buns?
My only other advice is to clean the bbq every day.
We have a Canadian tire in town and some guy like you is there every day
and the stink from it repulses me so much,I could never eat anything he sells.
btw nothing equals home depot:happy-very:

klein

Bretzel buns didn't sell worth a crap, atleast the 1 time I tried it.
I might try again, though, and yes, I did get a discount.
But the german bakery is located in the Southside of Edmonton, and I'm in the north side and so is Rona.
I won't travel 2 hrs in total to get those buns.

The Rona is only 6 min away from me.

Is he Fat Franks ?
No need to worry, been in the food manufacturing almost all my life.
I'm very clean. People love my dogs :)

And btw, this Rona is larger then any homedepot I have visited.