Who else *gets* to work this Sun?

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I look at the posted sch. yesterday and see that I (along w/a bunch of other CRRs) am sch. to work this Sat. (which, I normally never do) Then, it's written on the sch. that we're working Sun. for mother's day dels. No sch. posted to show that, though.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I look at the posted sch. yesterday and see that I (along w/a bunch of other CRRs) am sch. to work this Sat. (which, I normally never do) Then, it's written on the sch. that we're working Sun. for mother's day dels. No sch. posted to show that, though.

That is because it is management only delivering Sunday.

Saturday is going to be huge in this area.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

"Work as directed"---or else.

LTFedExer

That is because it is management only delivering Sunday.

Saturday is going to be huge in this area.
Every Mothers Day Saturday since I moved here has been a monster. This is only the 2nd Sunday FedEx has offered, but ONLY for Proflowers. I believe MFE went over this last year.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Every Mothers Day Saturday since I moved here has been a monster. This is only the 2nd Sunday FedEx has offered, but ONLY for Proflowers. I believe MFE went over this last year.

Yep. ProFlowers guarantees FedEx a certain minimum number of pkgs. Most of it is trucked from their distribution centers, but a few destinations are actually getting a plane. It's on a volunteer basis at my station.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yep. ProFlowers guarantees FedEx a certain minimum number of pkgs. Most of it is trucked from their distribution centers, but a few destinations are actually getting a plane. It's on a volunteer basis at my station.

If there are not enough "volunteers" do they go from the bottom up? Is it straight time, time and a half or even double time? Do the drivers who work Sunday get a day off during the following week?

LTFedExer

Voluntary here too. But, as of yesterday, we were short 10 couriers for Sunday.
If there are not enough "volunteers" do they go from the bottom up? Is it straight time, time and a half or even double time? Do the drivers who work Sunday get a day off during the following week?
I hope FedEx2000 comes on to verify this.
If not enough volunteers, yes they start at the bottom (FT couriers only).
Sunday is the 1st day of the week.
If you're a a regular 5 day courier Sunday is OT unless you work Saturday, then it's DT (7 days in a row). No you wouldn't get an extra day off next week.
If you're a 4-10, Sunday is OT unless you work Saturday, then your 6th day in a row would beDT. No you wouldn't get an extra day off next week.

FYI, I volunteered for Saturday so I wouldn't be mandated for Sunday.

SmithBarney

Sunday is actually the start of the new week.. so its not day 6 or 7... but it is a Scheduled day off, so put that in your PPAD.
watch your hours for the week following, they'll crop you where they can.

All our FT'rs are being forced in on SAT and Sunday... we live in a very heavy mom/grandmom area.. I'm the only PTer so I will stay home
and they'll deliver my flowers to me... ;)

SmithBarney

We had 520pcs today(14rtes)... normally 150pcs and 5 rtes. I volunteered for Sunday. I'm PT and can't be forced, lots of tears around here from the FT'rs

LTFedExer

My old Sat. route, which normally gets ~40 stops, had 123 stops split among 3 couriers. Up from around 90 last year.

probellringer

i couldnt believe my eyes ...fed express truck rolling down the block on a SUNDAY...that is foul...sorry if you are offended...but really...do you need to deliver pkgs on a SUNDAY....I go nuts when they (on rare occasion)look for people on a saturday...anyhow....MOMS---enjoy your day..you deserve it...or as my wife explained"its mothers day WEEKEND"...its all good

SmithBarney

probell, FedEx has a Special Deal they made with Proflowers.. unfortunately all but one person was forced to work today at my station we ran 270pcs with about 15 drivers.(I had 15) was off in 2 hours roughly. I truly think that there might be something illegal about forcing someone to work on a scheduled day off... but I can't figure it out.. I'm sure the ACLU would love to have a stab at it, you know religious persecution... leaving most of the
guys in my station unable to freely worship... just saying.. it could backfire real easy if the right person gets a hold of how many people were forced to work.

SmithBarney

Anyone else get a nice "THANK YOU" letter from corporate for being "Forced" to work..

Thanks for giving up your Sunday???? WTH all the FTers were forced, PTers volunteered....