Who Else Got A Phone Call This Morning?

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by MrFedEx, Dec 25, 2013.

1. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

My phone was ringing early this morning too.... a call from my manager. I'll call back tomorrow. What a joke.

2. DontThrowPackages

DontThrowPackages Well-Known Member

No message was left. I expect we may have a vol/mandatory Saturday. As an operation, this was the worst peak ever.

3. Cactus

Cactus Just telling it like it is

Rest assured a phone call from your manager today was not to wish you a Merry Christmas and that you forgot to pick up your bonus check yesterday.

4. bbsam

bbsam Moderator Staff Member

You should have answered,said "No!", and hung up.

5. fedupped

fedupped Member

We had late freight not brought out to us on a few occasions. The general feelings coming from ops mgrs at morning meetings is Memphis hasnt given us the tools to handle peak. Including late acquisitions of rentals, and the steadfast demand to maintain service (thru this sat).

6. Mr. 7

Mr. 7 The monkey on the left.

I turn my phone off every night.

7. revolt

revolt New Member

Company policy says you have to provide a contact phone number. Company policy does not say you have to answer the phone when it rings.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Gotta love Caller ID.

9. SmithBarney

SmithBarney Well-Known Member

And Every HOLIDAY/WEEKEND/VACATION ETC.

10. hypo hanna

hypo hanna Well-Known Member

My guess is that would get you an OLCC. Better to not answer at all. The blessing that is caller ID. If you arent a friend or relative, it goes to VM.

11. Nolimitz

Nolimitz Active Member

Didn't get a call yesterday but did this am on my scheduled day off. Did not answer or return VM request to come in.