Who else hates Amazon.com?

margaritaville

i dont have problems with amazon boxes usually. Some of the ones with the "
heavy" yellow sticker on them are bent up. But in general there are a lot worse shipped boxes.

browntroll

i still think the forever21 boxes with security tags sticking out and prick your fingers are bad, not to mention the cheap tape
and possibly reused cheap boxes. its an annoying situation when you are doing pick off and every single one of the security tags spills out.

Kis124

Joseph banks is pretty bad here. They reuse boxes until they are totally destroyed. I usually have to rehang all the clothes in them. Zappos is pretty bad too

Sent using BrownCafe App

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I'll take Amazon over cases of paper anyday. My springtime favorite...anyone deliver to a garden center or nursery? This time of year...you know what I mean. The grass sod boxes or flowers in dirt boxes with the lid, two plastic straps and the topsoil falling out the holes in the box?? They're fun...lol.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Soooo what was amazons biggest complaint about ups/FedEx. Is it price or was it about dropping the ball this last peak. Because if its about dropping the ball and stuff getting to customers late, wtf do they think is gonna happen when they give all the work to ontrac/lasership. I'm really at a loss on why they are so hell bent on using crap shipping companies.

Future

Victory Ride
Any box that came from china!!! I dont think they have trees there.I can look on the shelves of my truck and tell you which pkg originated from China!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I agree, LTD was the absolute worst of the worst. Grainger is/was bad too, been out of the loop so long I don't even know if they are still around.

Grainger has gotten much better. LTD has been rebranded and their shipping has also improved. Staples and Cheggs suck.

Amazon can be a pain but with at least 1/3 of my residential deliveries having at least 1 Amazon package I am grateful for their business.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

="sandwich, post: 1300729, member: 47349"]Soooo what was amazons biggest complaint about ups/FedEx. Is it price or was it about dropping the ball this last peak. Because if its about dropping the ball and stuff getting to customers late, wtf do they think is gonna happen when they give all the work to ontrac/lasership. I'm really at a loss on why they are so hell bent on using crap shipping companies.

They are trying to lower their shipping costs and they are betting consumers are willing to accept a lower level of service in order to keep their annual Prime membership fee below the $100 threshold.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Avon was another bad one when I was working. Had one plastic band around parcel

They used to band two packages with unique barcodes together and we were told to break the straps and record both packages.

BTW, my son may be relocating to your area after graduation. He applied and has been interviewed twice for a job a JMA Wireless in Liverpool.

Rico

LTD, Fingerhut, Nordictrack, LL Bean. The names change over time, but the suck stays the same. I do remember a presentation, sometime in the early 90's, on how we were losing money on residential deliverys - something along the lines of it costs us $3.75 each time the package car stops, but the average revenue on a LL Bean residential package was around $2.90 (ground). That we were going to push 100 weight shipping, charge a different rate for residential delivery, work smarter, not harder, and make more money doing so.

Johnny Paycheck

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
Amazon is nice. Access to more products you could ever want, cheaper than the store, free 2-day shipping. There are a lot worse shippers.

LMC Truck and Tri-State, I'm looking at you.

Pro tip: The world doesn't end if, upon noticing that the label is on the seam, you just load it. I've had amazon boxes where part of the label is actually covered by the flaps. Like they put the label on the seam and then closed the box.

Johnny Paycheck

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
Amazon is nice. Access to more products you could ever want, cheaper than the store, free 2-day shipping. There are a lot worse shippers.

LMC Truck and Tri-State, I'm looking at you.

Pro tip: The world doesn't end if, upon noticing that the label is on the seam, you just load it. I've had amazon boxes where part of the label is actually covered by the flaps. Like they put the label on the edge and then closed the box.
fixed