Who else is working this Saturday?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Clock Sucker, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Clock Sucker

Clock Sucker I handle a lot of packages

I'm too low in seniority so I was told last night I would be working today :( I really hope it isn't like last year where they under staffed really bad! I would like to be off before 13:00 so I can enjoy whats left of my weekend

2. bottomups

bottomups Bad Moon Risen'

I'm working today. Wife has me installing a couple towel racks and painting the hallway.

3. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

4. julado

julado New Member

Ha ha ha work n happiness

5. jaker

jaker trolling

Didn't know we work on Saturdays

6. Browntown2014

Browntown2014 Active Member

Weren't you the guy who was just crying about only working 13 hours a week?!?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

We are replacing the water softener today.

8. Clock Sucker

Clock Sucker I handle a lot of packages

HAHAHA Yeah! But I wasn't crying about it. I even mentioned how that was the first time I've ever been laid off that much.... Our center manager also mentioned this week at a PCM that fedex was just approved to put in a 5 million dollar hub in our city. He said last time that happened in the state, 3 routes got cut and a lot of drivers got laid off :crying:

9. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

No Saturdays for me. Plus, I'm on the 9.5 list so it would be rather silly fur me to volunteer for Saturdays.

10. Not a team player?

11. Overpaid Union Thug

Well, let's just say I don't want to be on the team that whines about to much OT and over 9.5s and files but then signs up for more.......and on a Saturday. LOL.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. sailfish

sailfish Having way too much fun.

Hell no I'm not working today.

13. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Didn't know low seniority can be forced to work on a Saturday if you are on the Monday thru Friday shift?

14. clean hairy

clean hairy Well-Known Member

I presume a bid list was posted for extra work on Saturday, and not enough higher seniority employees signed up, so you are forced to work as a lower seniority employee?

15. Holydriver

Holydriver Active Member

They told you last night? You should have just called in this morning....can't discipline younfor that and you wouldn't have lost a sick day.

16. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

Same. Mine has me removing the in-wall blow drier she had to have last year.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. Overpaid Union Thug

We have a bid list for preload, reload, and Saturday Air. Most of the signatures are people on the 9.5 list and people that are constantly requesting 8 hr days. WTF?

18. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I don't know Saturday's are freaking gravy.

I'm all about the 9.5 list but i wouldn't mind a Saturday here or there.

19. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

You have a seperate list for each one I assume?

20. Overpaid Union Thug

Gravy is correct but it doesn't make sense to me to work a Saturday while on the list when I could easily get those hours during the week without giving up half the weekend.
    Yep. Each one.