Who else is working this Saturday?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I have volunteered for numerous Saturdays. But not while on the 9.5 list. I might get off it when the time changes and we won't have to work in the dark. But I usually get fed up with the long hours in the heat.
Yeah there's about 4-5 months out of the year that for the most part I don't mind the 11 hour days.

Bottom rung

HAHAHA Yeah! But I wasn't crying about it. I even mentioned how that was the first time I've ever been laid off that much.... Our center manager also mentioned this week at a PCM that fedex was just approved to put in a 5 million dollar hub in our city. He said last time that happened in the state, 3 routes got cut and a lot of drivers got laid off :crying:
You can't build much with five million, typical fear monger.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Had half the stops I usually do on Saturdays because they used so many extra drivers. There was really no need for them to force people to work, especially with the relaxed commit times.

NonDeliverOtherMissed

They typically don't ask full time drivers to work Saturdays because they have to pay them ground rate, as opposed to part time covers they can get away with paying air rate. But still, if you worked 40 hrs and all 5 days mon-fri then Saturday is still time and a half air rate which is over $30 an hr for gravy work.

PT Car Washer

My building planned on using 15 drivers but volume didn't come in like they thought. Used 7 with 25 to 30 stops a piece. I delivered and did pick ups on top of a 40 hour week so all 9.5 hours of OT. Also used EDD and ORION this Saturday. Waste of time.

Rack em

Made the Podium
You needed EDD for 30 stops? They just let us set our car up and go. It's a waste of time to use EDD for such few stops IMO

8 Hour Day

HAHAHA Yeah! But I wasn't crying about it. I even mentioned how that was the first time I've ever been laid off that much.... Our center manager also mentioned this week at a PCM that fedex was just approved to put in a 5 million dollar hub in our city. He said last time that happened in the state, 3 routes got cut and a lot of drivers got laid off :crying:
That happened here... I haven't worked this many hours since I was a full time college student holding down three jobs.