Who else is working this Saturday?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
My building planned on using 15 drivers but volume didn't come in like they thought. Used 7 with 25 to 30 stops a piece. I delivered and did pick ups on top of a 40 hour week so all 9.5 hours of OT. Also used EDD and ORION this Saturday. Waste of time.
Best part of being in a small center. Meet the plane, get the pieces, get right to delivering. We don't even have a management person at the center most Saturdays.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Best part of being in a small center. Meet the plane, get the pieces, get right to delivering. We don't even have a management person at the center most Saturdays.

That's the way that we do it here, although we do have a PT sup in charge of the operation. The driver(s) and sup meet the plane right at the airport, divide up the work, identify any EAMs and start delivering.

The PT sup called me yesterday morning to ask me what should be done about the packages address to our local college. It used to be that the students would use their dorm name and room numbers as their address. Now they are all addressed to a central mail room which, unfortunately, is not open for deliveries on the weekend, so all of those Valentine's Day presents did not make service and will be delivered first thing Monday morning.

brownstreak86

Our plane didn't get in until 11 AM. Three drivers divided the work. Drove 60 miles, 15 stops, and 4 hours of work. Easiest money I've earned at UPS since driver training.