Who else will not have a peak season feeder run

NEFARIOUS

BOTTOM FEEDER
Well just found out our center will not have a peak season feeder run for me this year:sad-very:. I will still get single pay as I have been doing our shifting. Just wonder how many others out there won't have a run for peek...

trickpony1

Nefarious-
Are you in a small extended center? If so, how is the volume getting from your center to a hub for sorting?

What I am trying to say is the freight has to move. If the freight origins in your center and you've got a hub feeder picking it up and taking to a nearby hub could you file on it?

You may want to keep an eye on the inbound metro volume at your center and whether an outside feeder is doing your work.

NEFARIOUS

BOTTOM FEEDER
Nefarious-
Are you in a small extended center? If so, how is the volume getting from your center to a hub for sorting?

What I am trying to say is the freight has to move. If the freight origins in your center and you've got a hub feeder picking it up and taking to a nearby hub could you file on it?

You may want to keep an eye on the inbound metro volume at your center and whether an outside feeder is doing your work.

The volume is being contained for now in our normal run. Usually we add a run and have have another load it pulls. It also pulls an empty out as we end up with more inbound volume than outbound. I will be watching what comes in and out closely. Thanks for the advice..

brownrodster

How many runs does your center have? I'm in a small extended center and we have 6 feeder routes and add a couple during peak. And they are telling us that peak this year will be better than last year.

over9five

Staff member
I would wait and see for a couple of weeks, Nefarious. There'll be additional volume that will blow out the normal run!

(I agree with you about "watching", tho!)

tarbar66

We are paid the same,one or two. I was a little vague on your phrase.

At least your by line fits, JK.

In the land of feeders in all locations that I know of there is a different pay rate that depends on how many trailers you are pulling that day. There also used to be more money for a night run.

Well see, us rough tough feeder drivers in the 705 don`t need any extra incentive to pull more trailers. We do it for the honor,the glory,the fun,and of course for the chicks.

trickpony1

Well see, us rough tough feeder drivers in the 705 don`t need any extra incentive to pull more trailers. We do it for the honor,the glory,the fun,and of course for the chicks.

You wanna pull triples and I want a union that is worth a flip.
Wanna trade?

No those are all for you. These are the only triples that I want to pull.
6a00d8341cfce653ef00e5506ca73a8833-.jpg

iowa boy

Give them a couple bucks for new jeans, they're ripped.

They have jeans on? LOL. I was thinking they might be getting cold. They need to put their shirts back on or we will all see how cold they get:devil3:.

Goosebumps are really noticeable when you have that much skin showing.

And I thought I was a pervert.

finaddict

We'll be sending qualified feeder drivers back to delivery for peak just like we did last year. Need to keep them independents working you know. Alot of the transfer point runs will be cut so the independents can run the whole distance while our drivers shuttle pups around the outlying centers.