Who else?

InRythmWithTime

I've gone big, now I'm going home
well...to be honest,i kinda feel for the OP. Having a :censored2:y work ethic is by no means acceptable but the OP is correct in that enough is never enough. I was raised to be the baddest and the best. that attitude got me far in most I attempted, it wasn't till ups that I relized I was fully being taken advantage of and abused. the more you do today-the more you'll have tomorrow and an added bonus of less time to do it!!(use that in your fun fact). when is the last time any of you vets experienced a nice butt rape from a preload shift. But, the OP broke and that's unacceptable to let Anyone brake you. Good luck

Get me a steward

keep us updated when you apply for another job and give UPS and your supervisor as a reference. That exactly what he's going to tell the manager of the job that your appling for
It's funny cause I show up on time every day. Don't talk back to supervisors, never misload and never steal. I just load as slow as I see fit. Not my fault other guys like to bust their ass and pick up my slack. We all get paid about the same on preload. If they wanna destroy their bodies doing this work while I sit back and relax be my guest. Or they can do the smart thing and take their time and use all the time we are given and Noone would ever have extra work

Get me a steward

I've sat and watched while 3 car routes became 4 car routes and 4 car routes became 5 car routes. This place is going to :censored2: not because of people like me. But because of people like yall. Yall will just keep on taking it as hard as ups wants to give it to. And guess what? Upper management is laughing while you are proud of your "work ethic" .... do you know what "work ethic" gets you at ups? It gets the supervisor a nice little bonus at the end of the year.

J

jibbs

These are the guys that make ups a bad place to work. Can't realize that the faster you go the more work they give you.

....the guy you quoted, you mean?

If you think UPS is a bad place to work, get the :censored2:. Don't like the people, don't like the place, the money is :censored2:.... what the :censored2: keeps you?

Oh, you can't get hired anywhere else? You should be grateful with your current employer then, brutha. Sounds to me like you'd think it'd be a good place to work only if you didn't have to work, and that type of :censored2: is poisonous.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Still wonder why one loader has to load 4 cars then handle irregulars also. Why do they send loaders home early and let the driver finish and get out later. Always jumping over a dollar to save a dime. I thought the drivers overtime is higher than the loaders 20 hour week.

Get me a steward

....the guy you quoted, you mean?

If you think UPS is a bad place to work, get the :censored2:. Don't like the people, don't like the place, the money is :censored2:.... what the :censored2: keeps you?

Oh, you can't get hired anywhere else? You should be grateful with your current employer then, brutha. Sounds to me like you'd think it'd be a good place to work only if you didn't have to work, and that type of :censored2: is poisonous.

Bahahahaha if you enjoy the preload shift man you must be one of the guys who takes my slack hahaha

UPSGUY72

Who else goes slow as possible the entire time while preloading until they send you home every day

Your the problem with society these days. Your lazy and have a sense that your entitled to do what you want with out an consequences. Sooner or later reality is going catch up with you ?

blkmamba

Bahahahaha if you enjoy the preload shift man you must be one of the guys who takes my slack hahaha
I can't decide if you're really that ignorant or have no self respect. Not dying you have to kill yourself everyday, but by purposely going slow says a lot about you and the way you were raised. You are the reason unions are given a bad rap.

J

jibbs

I appreciate the work. I dislike people who don't, and that's where the tone's coming from.

People like you (or the way you're trying to portray yourself) make me :censored2:ing sick, dude, and no, you don't have to change. I'm perfectly content :censored2:ting on people like you all throughout the shift. It gives me a useful direction to aim all the bull:censored2: that goes through my head, and so long as people like you work the way you do, I can pretty much guarantee I'll be able to shift the blame for any :censored2:-ups into your general direction.

I make more money, get more job security-- it's seriously win-win for me. For you.... :censored2:, man, I dunno. You get to stay stagnant.... I guess that's a win? But hey, you'll be good, bro. Your room at the folks' house'll always be there, and as long as you're making $225/week you'll be good until you're 75, right? Yeaaaaaah, you copped a W on this one too, huh?

I bet you they are on government welfare. He seems to know how to work the system where everyone else provides for him, wonder who taught him that?

My money's on people who shouldn't've been parents in the first place. With that mentality it's a mystery how they even built up the motivation to :censored2: each other, but then.... when you're welfare-dependent, more children = more money. So following that logic, if Jacob's whole purpose on this Earth was to enable his parents to pocket another free couple hundred every month, it's no wonder why he is the way he is.

I may understand, but I still don't like the guy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wayne05

It's disrespectful to purposely be the slow guy! The job is easier with clean chutes anyway! If you're slow and let everything back up, someone has to go risk their safety climbing through boxes to cleanup your mess.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
It's disrespectful to purposely be the slow guy! The job is easier with clean chutes anyway! If you're slow and let everything back up, someone has to go risk their safety climbing through boxes to cleanup your mess.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1438785201.445375.jpg

Get me a steward

Your the problem with society these days. Your lazy and have a sense that your entitled to do what you want with out an consequences. Sooner or later reality is going catch up with you ?
Or maybe the reality is that they pay us :censored2: so maybe we should take advantage of the fact that there is no required speed they require us to work at. Good luck working 35 years with the work they expect you to do now versus what drivers and package handlers used to do.

Get me a steward

I appreciate the work. I dislike people who don't, and that's where the tone's coming from.

People like you (or the way you're trying to portray yourself) make me :censored2:ing sick, dude, and no, you don't have to change. I'm perfectly content :censored2:ting on people like you all throughout the shift. It gives me a useful direction to aim all the bull:censored2: that goes through my head, and so long as people like you work the way you do, I can pretty much guarantee I'll be able to shift the blame for any :censored2:-ups into your general direction.

I make more money, get more job security-- it's seriously win-win for me. For you.... :censored2:, man, I dunno. You get to stay stagnant.... I guess that's a win? But hey, you'll be good, bro. Your room at the folks' house'll always be there, and as long as you're making $225/week you'll be good until you're 75, right? Yeaaaaaah, you copped a W on this one too, huh?

My money's on people who shouldn't've been parents in the first place. With that mentality it's a mystery how they even built up the motivation to :censored2: each other, but then.... when you're welfare-dependent, more children = more money. So following that logic, if Jacob's whole purpose on this Earth was to enable his parents to pocket another free couple hundred every month, it's no wonder why he is the way he is.

I may understand, but I still don't like the guy.
The problem is. It's not a normal amount of work. I go at a reasonable pace. If the slides are pouring down at an unreasonable pace... then so be it. I'm not gonna speed up to keep up with their :censored2:ed up expectations. It's stupid that people will just keep loading and putti ng up with whatever they are given. I've watched through the years how the work has gotten worse and worse and idiots just put up with it. Just the past couple years alone I've watched days go from being 5 hour days to 3 and half hour days on the sort and preload shifts. It's a joke people wanna impress their supervisors all the time and it's funny because people like me sit there and laugh with the supervisors as we get sent home and the idiots get to deal with the bulk I have left cause they wanna bust their ass to go home. If you finish early there's always gonna be more work somewhere so why bust your ass. The harder you work the harder work will soon become. But yall will just keep dealing with it. Cause yall got that "good work ethic" that's what truly is ignorant.

UPSGUY72

Or maybe the reality is that they pay us :censored2: so maybe we should take advantage of the fact that there is no required speed they require us to work at. Good luck working 35 years with the work they expect you to do now versus what drivers and package handlers used to do.

PT job's are't designed to live on they are to make a little extra money to go along with your FT or other PT job. Also PT time UPS jobs are stepping stone to a FT job at UPS. I really don't think the pay is your problem whether they paid you $15 hr or $34 hr your would still find a reason to complain and drag your feet.

Also your not going to find any PT jobs out there that will give you a pension and free health care.

I started out working PT and also work a FT job that was 4 10 hr days. Now I'm a driver. Also I have never dragged my feet working any job since I started working whether I was making $5 hr or $34 hr.

J

jibbs

The problem is. It's not a normal amount of work. I go at a reasonable pace. If the slides are pouring down at an unreasonable pace... then so be it. I'm not gonna speed up to keep up with their :censored2:ed up expectations. It's stupid that people will just keep loading and putti ng up with whatever they are given. I've watched through the years how the work has gotten worse and worse and idiots just put up with it. Just the past couple years alone I've watched days go from being 5 hour days to 3 and half hour days on the sort and preload shifts. It's a joke people wanna impress their supervisors all the time and it's funny because people like me sit there and laugh with the supervisors as we get sent home and the idiots get to deal with the bulk I have left cause they wanna bust their ass to go home. If you finish early there's always gonna be more work somewhere so why bust your ass. The harder you work the harder work will soon become. But yall will just keep dealing with it. Cause yall got that "good work ethic" that's what truly is ignorant.

I just want you to know that I read, like, the first sentence there before I said :censored2: it.

What I did read, though?

6870503_f520.jpg