Who has filed grievances, for what, and what was the outcome?

High Side

Any interesting stories? I filed one on a Sup who was way out of line and seemd to have a personal vendetta against me. He has not said more than 5 words since the grievance and i overheard he went to anger managment. I had a witness to the incident.

hyena

Management cant file grievances my brother, thats for us Teamsters, when management violates one of the articles in the National Master Agreement!

dillweed

Hell yes we've been written up :happy-very: I don't know too many, if any at our center who hasn't had a piece of paper stuck under their noses to sign. bleh, don't have to sign anything like that.

Grievances, sure, many of us have with mixed results. I filed one about eight years ago on a ft. He was supposed to train me on how to handle over 70s but I haven't had that yet.

Ms Spoken

Hell yes we've been written up :happy-very: I don't know too many, if any at our center who hasn't had a piece of paper stuck under their noses to sign. bleh, don't have to sign anything like that.

Grievances, sure, many of us have with mixed results. I filed one about eight years ago on a ft. He was supposed to train me on how to handle over 70s but I haven't had that yet.

When you get written up just write on the envelope: deceased RTS (return to sender) then when UPS hands it to you at work tell them that it's against the law to handle USPS mail. I have seen this done and would have made a great "priceless commercial"

CFLBrown

When you get written up just write on the envelope: deceased RTS (return to sender) then when UPS hands it to you at work tell them that it's against the law to handle USPS mail. I have seen this done and would have made a great "priceless commercial"

Did it have a stamp on it? If not, it's not US Mail. It's only funny if everyone else around laughs.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
YEP!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited (song) I just can't hide it

It will be a couple of weeks til I see the check but.........

I'm so excited, I just can't hide it........

cajunboy

what was your beef with the pay progression? i.e. I just filed one on my pay progression and lost. If you can help my case that would be awesome.
cajunboy

dillweed

YEP!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited (song) I just can't hide it

It will be a couple of weeks til I see the check but.........

I'm so excited, I just can't hide it........

gosh, don't be afraid to let your feelings out :happy-very: Congrats - I'm singing along with you

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
our business agent here has filed and won every one of his. trick is to have all your numbers figured out, shich takes a lot of time going through records. i think mike told me upwards of 20-35 hours per. last i heard it was pushing close to a half million dollars total, with the range from 8-32 grand per employee.

with all the tech boasting ups does, and they cant seem to pay their employees correctly......

several years ago, i filed on the sock issue. the way the company was the only place you could get socks to wear with shorts, and without them you could not wear shorts. long process. hall had another case he wanted to have settled in his favor without the crapshoot of having it being heard at arbitration, so corp teamsters made the decision to withdraw mine. far as i know, it could still be refiled.

won bunches over management doing hourly work, sometimes 5-10 a week

also, won under the language that states that management will not allow hourly to work before start time without pay. they had always tried to make it personal between the filer and the hourly that was working off the clock. its not the hourly or the union, its the company that needs to patrol the work area to keep persons not working out of the work area

really too many to list

i had the forms prefilled on the computer by the type of violation, article and section. all i had to do was add the name, date and grievance number, point, click, print three copies, white, yellow, and pink. about 20 seconds worth of work.

as a practical matter though, to getting what you want, sometimes its better not to file, but instead openly communicate, using the grievance process only when comunications fail.

just my two cents.

d

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The last grievance I filed was because my center management informed me that we were "over budget" on uniforms and I would have to wait a month to get a hat.

It was the middle of winter; I wear glasses; and when it rains I need a hat. My old hat was useless because the little plastic adjustment band in back had broken. I needed a new one.

Nowhere in the contract does it mention a "budget" for uniforms. I filed, and my Business Agent accepted the grievance and got on the phone with the Division Labor Manager to ask him why the company was refusing to provide a driver with a $10 hat.

My new hat came Next Day Air about 24 hrs later. Apparently, there was enough money in the budget after all.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
what was your beef with the pay progression? i.e. I just filed one on my pay progression and lost. If you can help my case that would be awesome.
cajunboy
They didn't give me credit for 7 months of cover driving. All of that time is supposed to be included in progression.
The other thing they didn't do was, when I went to full time I should have started at 75% of top driver (18.90/hr), they started me at the bottom of the pay scale.

Shady Tree at UPS

Suprisingly i've never been written up never had anything worse than erbal warning's. Never had service issues or attendance problems. Have filed 21 grievances in 7 yrs. I've filed 7 for sup's working and won all smallest 30 min of work at $18.30 an hr, largest a sup was tricky and took his collared shirt off for 3 months of sort aisle work 244.3 hrs at 21.83 $5333.07 for a $4053.10 payout after taxes been on the $***LIST ever since that one in 2006. One for hourly training was paid the $0.50 premium for 62.7 hrs of sorter training. Filed 5 for junior employees pulling doubles won 3 of those.Filed remaining 8 on time card shaving, and sorting dollar mishaps, and junior employees in my area getting more time when Mgmt. told me it was not available.

Overpaid Union Thug

I have only filed once but it was one of those deals where a bunch of us (most of the drivers) filed together on one grievance. Kind of like a class action lawsuit. Other than that I've solved alot of problems by simply mentioning or hinting at filing a grievance.

Have never filed a grievance in 19 years... Have had a couple warning letters. One was a 72 hour notice in 97 and one for an accident at Amazon's Corp. headquarters. They have a dangerous fire hydrant there.