Who has injuries?

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Just under 7 years with the company, rolled my ankle while trying to qualify. lol My center manager came out and drove, I navigated and worked through the pain....No lost time. Little strain in my back this past peak nothing terrible though. I hope to not have any more during my career. fingers crossed

Kis124

Hmm

No real injuries..hit my head...shoulders are on the way out from spa-ing...back on the way out from them saying we can't have mats to stand on to cushion us. Mental stability almost gone due to micro management. 5 years in and way to many to go

Integrity

Binge Poster
If you have many injuries over many years, maybe you need to work more safely!
superballs63,

The reason my injury numbers are so high is regardless of how minor an injury may seem, I still bring it to the attention of management as soon as it occurs.

A first aid injury today could result in a more severe injury tomorrow.

The company trains me to report all injuries regardless of the severity.

That is what I do.

Sincerely,
I

Last edited:

JackStraw

29 years and counting. No injuries. However,I THOUGHT I was injured a few times,and this was good enough to land me on the high risk list.Never lost time due to an injury.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
My feelings get hurt most every day. 2 badly sprained ankles over the years. Some second degree burns. Miscellaneous broken fingers. 11 years.

Last edited:

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Many, many injuries from this job. Most were bruises and sprains. I only went on work comp one time. It was for a hernia surgery. I was off for about 6 weeks. I never wanted to go on comp because it was a pay cut for me. And recovery from older hernia surgeries was miserable. I damn near got hooked on Oxy.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

23 years in and only one lost time injury. 2 weeks off and 2 weeks of light duty following bilateral ulnar nerve release surgery on both elbows. Other than, just the usual minor injuries---sprained ankles and fingers, cuts and bruises.

Dracula, my surgeon preferred Hyrdocodone----I can see why people get hooked on these drugs.

Buck Fifty

20. Years, only injury was on preload when I dropped heavy box on big toe. No lost time. Lots of aches and pains though,

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
My hernia was uncomfortable, not painful, but the pain after the surgery was the worst pain I've ever dealt with before. When I woke after surgery, I was screaming and crying. They gave me a shot of morphine, and it did very little for the pain. The cut was above my crotch and below my waist line. My wife had to walk me 10 feet to the restroom. All I could comfortably do was be still.

Anyway, I got a month's worth of Oxy to take. One pill every four hours. Four a day. When I was done with the prescription the pain was much better. I still had a another refill on it, but I waited a day. In that one day, I got shaky, extremely irritable and felt like I was coming down with the flu. I knew what I was feeling, so I sucked it up for a few days and switched to tylenol. After a couple of days, I felt better, but that crap scared me. Way, way too easy can you get addicted to opiates. I guess the moral is don't judge people addicted to these drugs, because I can imagine how many people get hooked with no desire to do so.

softshoe

Over 32 years . 2 arthoscopic surgeries on each knee. Also rotator cuff surgery on the right shoulder.Gotta love those high steps on the P600 and P800's. Reaching up for that high hand rail did my shoulder damage.

Integrity

Binge Poster
My hernia was uncomfortable, not painful, but the pain after the surgery was the worst pain I've ever dealt with before. When I woke after surgery, I was screaming and crying. They gave me a shot of morphine, and it did very little for the pain. The cut was above my crotch and below my waist line. My wife had to walk me 10 feet to the restroom. All I could comfortably do was be still.

Anyway, I got a month's worth of Oxy to take. One pill every four hours. Four a day. When I was done with the prescription the pain was much better. I still had a another refill on it, but I waited a day. In that one day, I got shaky, extremely irritable and felt like I was coming down with the flu. I knew what I was feeling, so I sucked it up for a few days and switched to tylenol. After a couple of days, I felt better, but that crap scared me. Way, way too easy can you get addicted to opiates. I guess the moral is don't judge people addicted to these drugs, because I can imagine how many people get hooked with no desire to do so.
Dracula,

So true.

I stopped using alcohol and other substances a long, long time ago.

I have seen a lot of addiction on the road of recovery.

Some individuals very dear to me have suffered from addiction to oxycontin, some have recovered, some still suffer.

Your right, all types of individuals are getting hooked on this stuff just from getting surgeries or other medical treatment.

We should not judge, addiction doesn't discriminate, it will take anyone it chooses to take.

Thanks for the reminder.

Sincerley,
I

QKRSTKR

Rolled my ankle when I was a rookie. Cut my finger in inside of bulk door edge where it closes. That can get sharp as a razor. Had a back surgery that was "off the job" . But it worked out for the best. Had I herniated those disk while working, workmans comp. would have had me off a long time before surgery. I was off only 2 months total. Back to work 4 weeks after surgery.

Hoping feeders will be less wear and tear on the body. Biggest danger will be getting fat. Some guys I know who we're in pkgs years ago now look like the pilsbury dough boy and the Michelin man.

upsgrunt

24 years- nothing and I've banged out twice.
Once I had to catch a plane; the other my whole family was sick with no one to clean up puke but me.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If you have many injuries over many years, maybe you need to work more safely!
superballs63,

The reason my injury numbers are so high is regardless of how minor an injury may seem, I still bring it to the attention of management as soon as it occurs.

A first aid injury today could result in a more severe injury tomorrow.

The company trains me to report all injuries regardless of the severity.

That is what I do.

Sincerely,
I

Oh your THAT guy.