Who here has things happen daily that make you think: how the hell are we still in business ????

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I've covered a route in which Orion has you run in-town business air, run two or three towns worth of extended stops, then come back in town to finish running the business ground from the morning.
Probably so you can make deliveries and pick ups at the same time.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Another route gets those pickups. So, if I did run the route as Orion wants, it would just be one brown PC following another brown PC.
Lmao.

We don't have Orion yet but I know a guy in another center that does.

Said day 1 they drove past all of his businesses and went out to do the rural stuff. At like 3 pm he looked at Orion person and said so when we gonna deliver these businesses. Lol

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Honestly, I think we take things a little for granted.
I agree they have us running around like a dog all day non-stop, can be a kick in the nads.
But having EDD/PAS, you have a list of all your stops and packages right in front of you, the old timers wish they had that.
Plus, you actually know exactly how many stops you have to the number. Back in the day, you were at the mercy of your preloader and PT sup.
Most times, your stop count was off by 15-20 stops. Mostly more than less.

The only thing I would complain about is that you have no more easy days.
Monday and Friday were easy money. Now they cut routes like a far-sighted butcher, not very pretty.

upschuck

Lmao.

We don't have Orion yet but I know a guy in another center that does.

Said day 1 they drove past all of his businesses and went out to do the rural stuff. At like 3 pm he looked at Orion person and said so when we gonna deliver these businesses. Lol
Everybody knows a guy, big whoop.

QualityLoads

I agree they have us running around like a dog all day non-stop, can be a kick in the nads.
But having EDD/PAS, you have a list of all your stops and packages right in front of you, the old timers wish they had that.
Plus, you actually know exactly how many stops you have to the number. Back in the day, you were at the mercy of your preloader and PT sup.

Monday and Friday were easy money. Now they cut routes like a far-sighted butcher, not very pretty.

Ill drive a stick shift, Ill sheet packages hand written on paper, use keys to to start the car, keys to open the cargo area, look at the packages for my next stop. Just give me these 80 less stops per day these old timers always talk about.

Keep your gps and telematics, from what ive heard i would prefer the old way. But i dont know :censored2: i wasnt here when it was that way. I only heard the stories.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Any veteran worth his salt knew that the first thing you did in the morning was add 5-10 stops to the sheet taped to the back of your pkg car.

mdnj88

There's a tiny little neighborhood behind our building that usually gets about 20-35 stops back there. Our dispatcher cuts it up to 3 different drivers most days. It's so tight it basically has 1 road In and 1 road out. We laugh daily about it.

Overpaid Union Thug

Everyday! And the email I received from UPS the other day (I have a shipping account) was a classic. Anyone else that received it knows what I'm talking about. It basically said that they have spent millions on "upgrades" to our network and are passing the cost on to their customers via rate increases. LOL.

edd_tv

Cardboard picker upper
The day things go right, we don't act like this is the first day we have been in business, and it's not a gigantic cluster duck will be the day I worry.

PT Car Washer

The day things go right, we don't act like this is the first day we have been in business, and it's not a gigantic cluster duck will be the day I worry.
The only times everything goes right is either during a Ketter audit or when the big wigs are in town. The next day it is business as usual, a disaster.

TapeItUp

Part A: Management flooding the belt so fast that packages fall off the belt and stack so high you have to climb out of the trailer to get out. That is one right there. Several packages destroyed and busted open? Who cares? Gotta get the hourly employees off the clock!

Part B: Of course if Walmart corporate is walking through the building the package flow is so slow you get bored to tears for the hour they are there. You might stack 30 boxes in the time frame they are walking through and observing the operation. You'll know when they walk out of the building because the speed is immediately cranked back up and things get chaotic.

Part A makes me wonder how the company is still in business.
Part B pretty much answers that question.

UnconTROLLed

perfection

What's funny is that I remember preloading pre-PAS/EDD with the stop-count clickers in the back of the package car and rarely actually using them; then at the end of the day, clicking them to what appeared to be a reasonable #. I'm guessing that was the norm. :D