Who Is Benjamin Benacke?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by wkmac, Nov 23, 2005.

1. wkmac

wkmac Well-Known Member

I know a new Federal Reserve Chairman isn't as colorful and politically appealing as say an administrative official or court nominee but he does/will direct monetary policy that could effect our lives moreso than a number of court cases like the "overturning of Row V Wade or the 2nd amendment being thrown to the 4 winds completely" scares out there or some policy decision of an administration wank(er) (sorry, couldn't resist).

Here's is a speech our Fed Reserve Chair nominee gave a few years ago when a Fed Gov. on Inflation/Deflation. Just thought I'd post it in case someone was interest on what his past thought were on monetary policy.

2. susiedriver

susiedriver New Member

Well, in spite of being described as a 'liberatarian Republican', we can safely assume that he's not from the Misean(sp?) school.

He does seem to be remarkably qualified for a Bush appointee, and very well respected in his field (again remarkable, considering). He seems to want to avoid deflation at all costs, which a libertarian wouldn't welcome, I suppose.

I don't agree that he will affect our lives more than a Supreme Court Justice. One can insulate themselves against monetary upheaval, to a certain extent, since those upheavals are cylclical in nature. An erosion of freedoms, or a bastardization of laws can last a long time.
  3. tieguy

tieguy Banned

Not only that but he is able to clearly express himself and his opinions without having to post a link to someone elses thoughts and opinions. :D

You know I probably should feel guilty but sniping her from ignoresville can be a lot of fun. Of course she wouldn;t understand what I had just said if I wasn't on ignore so the end result is basically the same....:D