Who is better for UPS union employees (On topic, please)

Who are you voting for

• FZ TU slate

• H-H slate

• FZ

• H

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Got my ballot in the mail and I know it's important to vote, but I don't know who to vote for! Neither side has done any campaigning aside from the articles in the monthly teamster magazine. How am I suppose to judge what's best for our future when I don't know anything about either candidate? I'm sure a lot of you know or have opinions about H, but I have only worked for UPS for 6 years so I unfortunately don't know his history or how he's done in the past.

So I want to vote for who ever is going to be best for UPS obviously. Seeing the decline in support for H from a lot of people has me leaning toward FZ....

ON TOPIC PLEASE

Last edited:

Rack em

Made the Podium
So I just shouldn't vote because I can't get a serious response? This is the union discussion forum so I didn't expect to get troll answers here. Please keep it on topic people

upschuck

Fred is probably best for UPS, because of his weak contracts he has negotiated. Tim S can't get his local people working, until he had help from his opponents, which is also good for UPS.

If you want what is good for UPS, vote teamsters united slate

Rack em

Made the Podium
Fred is probably best for UPS, because of his weak contracts he has negotiated. Tim S can't get his local people working, until he had help from his opponents, which is also good for UPS.

If you want what is good for UPS, vote teamsters united slate
Should have worded the title better. I meant who is better for UPS union employees...

UniteandWin

There are flawed candidates on both Slates. Although Jim H is a little to cozy to Ups Management for my taste. hall has been negotiating ups contracts for a long time including a strike we won. Then you got Fred who represents about 10,000 ups employees and they love him, 6 to 5 you pick em

Sent using BrownCafe App

UniteandWin

The thing about it man, all these guys know each other very well. They've been against each other, with each other. If you notice Fred never denied asking to be on H's slate. Also H/H never denied offering Fred a position another time. Its a crazy world in Teamsters politics

Sent using BrownCafe App

UniteandWin

Hall is in Z's joint council 94, believe me when I tell you they have had a lot of dinners together. I also know for a fact, Hall very recently slammed the higher management at Ups for thier total disregard for 9.5 s

Sent using BrownCafe App

Rack em

Made the Podium
Well with the way things are starting to go at ups I just want to make sure the best person gets elected. I use to think once I became FT I wouldn't have to worry about anything, but now I'm worried if I'll even have a job in the next 20 years. It seems like ups is having their way with our union.

Mythical Methods

I like Hall and I think he is a very personable man. I met him recently and told him about a problem we were having with equipment just falling apart to the point of safety concerns at our hub. He took the time to listen, write it down, and told me if it was not fixed by Monday to call my BA and have my BA call him. I like that he takes action. Management was completely ignoring the issues for months. Apparently he made some phone calls after that rally. When I went to work after the weekend everything was fixed and maintenace was working on things when I went into work as well that I never even mentioned to Hall. I have heard similar stories from other people who have had problems as well. I want a retirement 20 years from now too and I think he stands the best chance at keeping it together for us because he seems to listen to his Union guys concerns.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
hall never returned my or any other members of my locals calls.

Sounds like a big P* to me.
At least be man enough to return a call.
I was just messing with giving you crap. Nothing but love for you IGP.
But he's probably very busy. He's got a pretty important job. O returns calls. hall is a very personable guy. Extremely intelligent. He is thinking as far ahead as UPS does.

I was just messing with giving you crap. Nothing but love for you IGP.
But he's probably very busy. He's got a pretty important job. O returns calls. hall is a very personable guy. Extremely intelligent. He is thinking as far ahead as UPS does.
I can see not returning one phone call bit when 40 or 50 guys call multiple times and no reply

He can hear my NO vote.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I voted for Fred because I like that name. Sounds like a old school- mans name for sure. Plus, Fred Slate reminds me of the Flintstones, and I like that cartoon.

Faceplanted

Anybody who shoves a contract down no voters throat needs to be gone IMHO

What is the point of voting on contracts if h will vote yes anyway

That to me is the main thing, besides the fact it's always good for a bit of change after all these years

Z is going heavy in fl and from what I have seen he is getting love.

Either way we will continuously give concessions and keep loosing ground. This is the new America where the erosion of the middle class is the most important agenda.

hyena

Got my ballot in the mail and I know it's important to vote, but I don't know who to vote for! Neither side has done any campaigning aside from the articles in the monthly teamster magazine. How am I suppose to judge what's best for our future when I don't know anything about either candidate? I'm sure a lot of you know or have opinions about H, but I have only worked for UPS for 6 years so I unfortunately don't know his history or how he's done in the past.

So I want to vote for who ever is going to be best for UPS obviously. Seeing the decline in support for H from a lot of people has me leaning toward FZ....

ON TOPIC PLEASE
I'm going with Z. If what some of these other guys are speculating about H stepping down and H andO getting in there .. well that might not be so bad. But I'm not making a vote based on speculation. So Hyena for Z!

542thruNthru

I didn't see Sean O name on the Hoffa Hall slate or maybe I missed it. Everyone keeps mentioning it will be H and O. How is that if he isn't on the slate? Just curious how that works.