Who is better for UPS union employees (On topic, please)

Who are you voting for

• FZ TU slate

• H-H slate

• FZ

• H

Results are only viewable after voting.

Returntosender

The guy that fixes the western upsers healthcare plan got my vote.

The number one priority for me is healthcare eligibility. I know the healthcare plan is union administered. Teamcare eligibility requirements is not uniform across the nation.

Out west our health coverage eligibility is weekly coverage. Employee has to work 1 day week to eligible for heath coverage. Then I read about guys on east coast who work 1 day month for entire month of coverage.

I would like to have month eligibility plan. If you got surgery scheduled their is no pressure to return week the following week for healthcare coverage. Seen cancer employees get insurance cancel cause they still recovering from surgery.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Anybody who shoves a contract down no voters throat needs to be gone IMHO

What is the point of voting on contracts if h will vote yes anyway

That to me is the main thing, besides the fact it's always good for a bit of change after all these years

Z is going heavy in fl and from what I have seen he is getting love.

Either way we will continuously give concessions and keep loosing ground. This is the new America where the erosion of the middle class is the most important agenda.
He actually shoved it down the majority of yes votes throats. Master had passed easily.

wide load

I'm going with Z. If what some of these other guys are speculating about H stepping down and H andO getting in there .. well that might not be so bad. But I'm not making a vote based on speculation. So Hyena for Z!
Trust me bro, H will retire. It's gonna be hall and O. And it's gonna be biblical.

HBGPreloader

I voted against the team that chose not to include the right to strike as part of our last contract negotiation - where the part timers got (CENSORED) again with healthcare benefit cuts and a lousy increase in the starting wage.
If the drivers want better loaders and helpers, we need to negotiate better wages and benefits to part time employees.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Trust me bro, H will retire. It's gonna be hall and O. And it's gonna be biblical.
So why the "cloak and dagger"?
If you haven't noticed, it appears that Hoffa name doesn't carry the lure it was did.
The name Hoffa is now synonymous with concession and apathy.

If what you say is the truth, and I absolutely believe it is the plan, it's insulting for this slate to put a talking head at the top of the ticket.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Anybody who shoves a contract down no voters throat needs to be gone IMHO

What is the point of voting on contracts if h will vote yes anyway

That to me is the main thing, besides the fact it's always good for a bit of change after all these years

Z is going heavy in fl and from what I have seen he is getting love.

Either way we will continuously give concessions and keep loosing ground. This is the new America where the erosion of the middle class is the most important agenda.

What is the point on voting multiple times knowing that the result will be the same?

Elections can be expensive and it became evident after the second "no" vote that the members were being unrealistic in their demands.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I voted against the team that chose not to include the right to strike as part of our last contract negotiation - where the part timers got (CENSORED) again with healthcare benefit cuts and a lousy increase in the starting wage.
If the drivers want better loaders and helpers, we need to negotiate better wages and benefits to part time employees.

You could start some of these kids at $20/hr and benefits from Day One and they would still suck.

HBGPreloader

You could start some of these kids at $20/hr and benefits from Day One and they would still suck.
With a lot of these kids these days, I can't and won't argue that one bit.

Based upon what I've been seeing in our hub, more and more older workers are taking these jobs. But, they can't or won't stick around very long because they would like better pay and, like me, need decent benefits.

If the Teamsters negotiated a better starting wage and restored the benefits program that was offered when I started, a lot more good workers would have stayed.

When I started, ~8 years ago, I was eligible for benefits after 90 days. And, after a year, I was able to enroll my family.

wide load

So why the "cloak and dagger"?
If you haven't noticed, it appears that Hoffa name doesn't carry the lure it was did.
The name Hoffa is now synonymous with concession and apathy.

If what you say is the truth, and I absolutely believe it is the plan, it's insulting for this slate to put a talking head at the top of the ticket.
Because while most presidents have heard and have dealt with Hoffa, they would in turn say,"What the hell is a Zuckerman? Didn't he start bookface?"

Faceplanted

What is the point on voting multiple times knowing that the result will be the same?

Elections can be expensive and it became evident after the second "no" vote that the members were being unrealistic in their demands.
There were local riders that had specific issues they were trying to resolve. Instead of doing things the right way, h just forced it down their throats. From what I read their demands were far from unrealistic.

You must have been in the selfish, where is my back pay check already group

Also now that we can't strike what threat do we have or move do we have to prevent being screwed? Under whose watch did that happen?

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There were local riders that had specific issues they were trying to resolve. Instead of doing things the right way, h just forced it down their throats. From what I read their demands were far from unrealistic.

You must have been in the selfish, where is my back pay check already group

Also now that we can't strike what threat do we have or move do we have to prevent being screwed? Under whose watch did that happen?

I was not waiting for my back pay check.

Who said that we can longer strike?