Who Is McCain?

I just saw an Obama commercial talking about how in 2003 McCain voted with Bush 90% of the time. Then Bush won another election? Something must have been good at that time. So McCain must represents 10% change and Obama represents how much change? I kinda like 10% change.

paidslave

I just saw an Obama commercial talking about how in 2003 McCain voted with Bush 90% of the time. Then Bush won another election? Something must have been good at that time. So McCain must represents 10% change and Obama represents how much change? I kinda like 10% change.

Me too. Abolish welfare, social security and get rid of these stupid pensions because they are no good for big business or the tax payers!

Go McCain!

paidslave

What president has tried to get rid of labor unions and private pensions?

Every Republican President is Anti Union in case you forget! If you heard McCains Speech he will stand up to Unions and their bosses which is fine because companys need to stay here at any cost! We don't need Unions anymore Bush raised minimum wage! You can now make the same thing at McDonalds as a preloader makes! Private pensions are just digging out of the consumers pocket and that is not fair to me! I know it's not right but I shop at Wal-Mart where they don't have Union and Pensions jacking up the price of my purchases!

WE need made in America's logo back!

paidslave

I stopped taking them because I don't want my health care costs to go up for everyone else! I would hate to take away from someone like yourself that may need a pill someday!

Every Republican President is Anti Union in case you forget! If you heard McCains Speech he will stand up to Unions and their bosses which is fine because companys need to stay here at any cost! We don't need Unions anymore Bush raised minimum wage! You can now make the same thing at McDonalds as a preloader makes! Private pensions are just digging out of the consumers pocket and that is not fair to me! I know it's not right but I shop at Wal-Mart where they don't have Union and Pensions jacking up the price of my purchases!

WE need made in America's logo back!

The question was "What president has tried to eliminate labor unions and private pensions?"

paidslave

Well the last two had the same last name and ended with Bush!

Before that we Had the Actor from Hollywood in case you forgot!

Combined total of 20 years!

Big business left because it was too much to operate and fund your big pensions here on US soil!

Last edited by a moderator:

paidslave

How and when?

I am sure you would agree that Big business took there business over seas where you don't have to pay taxes, Union wages and for pensions! These presidents starting with Reagan and the Auto Industry competing with Japanese made cars. Clinton signed and unprecedented bill by a Democrats,NAFTA,to try and keep some business here at least on this Continent especially the Automobile Companies. That apparently had little effect keeping them here since cheaper labor was found on cheaper soil. Cheaper than Mexico. Many of our Manufacturing Jobs left over the last two decades beginning with Reagan and hopefully ending with Bush!

We could no longer compete Globally only with Automation which further ended many Union jobs!

Reagan or Bush did nothing about it because Big Business continues and continued to search for Bigger and Bigger profits.....Remember Nike and Air Jordans? Made with child labor and coming with no price reduction to the consumer or taxes!

Most of this mainly occured under the blind eye of Republicans!

Bush and Reagan could have stopped this from happening if they wanted to by collecting higher import taxes and inforcing NAFTA by keeping the illegals employed in mexico and thus not needing to sneak in to work! Therefore we compete with Indonesia and bangledesh far far away!

If your company moves to a different continent, Obama will make sure you will have no escape from paying fair taxes on US soil as he outlined in his proposal! John McCain will do nothing but lower these taxes! Tax payers get very confused when they hear a President claiming they will lower taxes and not raise them!

Nafta wasn't good enough for the greedy Republicans

Last edited:

over9five

Staff member
Clinton signed and unprecedented bill by a Democrats,NAFTA,

The most anti-union piece of legislation in the last 40 years pushed though dy a Democratic president.
BOTH major Democratic candidates (H. Clinton and Obama) were asked directly if they'd kill NAFTA if elected president. Both said "no".
Why won't the Democrats (our friends, right?) get rid of NAFTA if they could???

You Dems will support your candidates no matter how many times they stab us in the heart!!!

Many years ago perhaps you could say that Democrats were the candidate for the working class/unions. That's simply not true anymore! The major parties are the same on this now.

You have to make your choice based on who is going to be better for the country.

Who will defeat terrorism?

Who will protect the Constitution with proper SC nominees?

You gotta lose that 1960 mentality that Democrats are for unions!

Vote the man, not the party.

UPS Lifer

It turns out that the Woman in the new McCain ad (Debra Bartashevish) was asked this week if she new McCain was commited to over turning Roe v. Wade and she was unaware of his position.... ....:wink2:

You are spreading misinformation again. McCain is pro-life and to my knowledge has never said he was committed to over-turning Roe vs. Wade!

If he has actually stated that word for word - please point out the article or video so that we can confirm it! I would like to know. Otherwise - please do not spread misinformation. It goes directly to your credibility!

We have had a pro-life president in office the last 8 years. Six of those years there was a Republican majority in Congress. At this time, the Supreme Court leans more conservative than liberal.

Roe vs. Wade has not been challenged! There is way to much concern over something that is not going to change.

UPS Lifer

Here is another log to throw into the fire.

During Bush's administration the GNP grew by 20%. When Clinton was president the wages went up by $2000 per person and during the Bush administration wage increases per person have dropped to $400-500 per person increase.

The difference - 10 million immigrants(most illegal!) added to the payroll in the last 8 years.

I am quoting an interview with Bill O'Reilly and BO from last Thursday. BO did not dispute the economic numbers. He did not acknowledge the 10 million immigrants.

The problem with illegals is it is hard to document their true census info!

I just got an updated census survey and it asks questions that illegals would never fill out. This info in important to determine where we need to concentrate our efforts as a country.

diesel96

The difference between you and me is that you are a true Democrat right to the bone. You don't look past the Democratic party.

Your reliance to LABELS astounds me...

The question was "What president has tried to eliminate labor unions and private pensions?"

Reagon versus Eastern Airlines, and air traffic controllers ring a bell.

You are spreading misinformation again. McCain is pro-life and to my knowledge has never said he was committed to over-turning Roe vs. Wade!

If he has actually stated that word for word - please point out the article or video so that we can confirm it! I would like to know. Otherwise - please do not spread misinformation. It goes directly to your credibility!

We have had a pro-life president in office the last 8 years. Six of those years there was a Republican majority in Congress. At this time, the Supreme Court leans more conservative than liberal.

Roe vs. Wade has not been challenged! There is way to much concern over something that is not going to change.

With two supreme court judges about to retire and McCain accepting endorsements from some questionable evangelics preachers is not enough to raise an eyebrow. And has McCain not flipped flopped on issues since running for president.

tieguy

Banned
Your reliance to LABELS astounds me...

With two supreme court judges about to retire and McCain accepting endorsements from some questionable evangelics preachers is not enough to raise an eyebrow. And has McCain not flipped flopped on issues since running for president.

Misleading prose? Did McCain recieve endorsements from these preachers that he did not ask for or did he accept their endorsements?

UPS Lifer

You sound like a politician now - I never said anything about flip flopping. As far as I am concerned - Flip and flop are two four letter words!! LOL

You side stepped my bold text! Please point out to me where it states that McCain is COMMITTED to overturning Roe vs. Wade.

I think you have a job waiting for you at the DNC! I like the political spins!
EG --> Flip flop, accepting endorsements from questionable (LOL!) preachers, but Rev. Wright is a saint isn't he!!!

drewed

Shankman

This was a purely economic decision, it was union busting it was for the well fare of everyday americans that rely on planes for transportation, food, medicine, etc

And if Obama was endorsed by farakaun(sp) could we have that arguement?
Whether or not they retire and whether or not mccain wins, youre still have a very conservative chief justice that'll be around for 30 yrs