Who is responsible for checking oil in the trucks?

W

want to retire

Lay off of integrity people. Ive interacted with him and can vouch for him. His heart is in the right place in regards to his posts on this forum. I've crucified him for a while on here and I admit right now that I was wrong. He is a good upser and I've got his back.

OK. Want to share some "reasons"(interaction as you say)?

1080Driver

In 22 years in package, I've never checked the oil. Recently, the "Check Engine" light was on as I first started the truck in the building. I walked back to the shop & a mechanic said to bring it back there. Once there, he said it was a little low on oil; I asked how much, he said it needed about 6 quarts, so it seems like nobody checks the oil in our building. As far as windshield washer fluid, if I don't keep it filled, no one will, not the car washers or the mechanics.

texan

no I don't think you did.

It is most likley me, lately.

I have nothing against him, he just asks a lot of questions that could pinpoint one's identity
in my opinion.

I never want to disrespect anyone on this forum.

I just will not answer his questions as they lead to more specific questions.

Integrity if I offended, forgive me.

If 407 vouches for you, that is good with me.

I just do not want to answer your questions after I post, which is not often,
on UPS discussions. Nothing personal at all.

Bless you,
texan

menotyou

bella amicizia
It is most likley me, lately.

I have nothing against him, he just asks a lot of questions that could pinpoint one's identity
in my opinion.

I never want to disrespect anyone on this forum.

I just will not answer his questions as they lead to more specific questions.

Integrity if I offended, forgive me.

If 407 vouches for you, that is good with me.

I just do not want to answer your questions after I post, which is not often,
on UPS discussions. Nothing personal at all.

Bless you,
texan
He takes PM's. I like Integrity, now. He irritated me early on, but he grows on you. :bigsmile2:

oldupsman

In 22 years in package, I've never checked the oil. Recently, the "Check Engine" light was on as I first started the truck in the building. I walked back to the shop & a mechanic said to bring it back there. Once there, he said it was a little low on oil; I asked how much, he said it needed about 6 quarts, so it seems like nobody checks the oil in our building. As far as windshield washer fluid, if I don't keep it filled, no one will, not the car washers or the mechanics.
Same here on the washer fluid. I never had a package car with washer fluid in 30 plus years.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Same here on the washer fluid. I never had a package car with washer fluid in 30 plus years.
Guys loved me covering their routes. I didn't do it often, but when I did I always filled with gas(covers never seem to do that), filler washer fluid and armor-alled. I like a clean truck.

oldupsman

Sounds like your management team got the same training our team got. I drive my sups nuts, because any trailer with any amount of dents, scratches or defects, I put my yellow vest on and go get one of them and make them come out with a Sharpie to mark the trailer with a date. They hate to see me coming with that vest on. Most of the time, they say,"Is it bad enough for me to walk all of the way out there?" Yes, it is. Enough to get someone fired.
Do you guys ever get any trailers that come in from the northeast? Heck, all are trailers are dented and scratched. If guys worried about that every
night we go through a case of sharpies a night.

oldupsman

Break a mirror here and it better be from being adjusted by hand. If you hit and broke your windshield or mirror or anything else.....it's an accident here. Any of that stuff unreported....gets you fired...here. A scratch to bare metal is an accident also, although the cars are so beat up nowadays, you could get away with it if no one saw you......unreported....fired....guaranteed. Matter of fact, if you find damage on your PRETRIP, good chance they'll ask your co-driver(if you have one) about it.
Gosh, that just really blows me away. Our package cars are really parked close and tight in the building. It was not the least bit unusual
to be pulling out of a spot in the morning and with the cars being so tight for a mirror bracket to caught in the car next to you and
a mirror would break. center manager or sup would simply say stop at the shop before you leave and get it replaced. It wasn't even
made note of.

barnyard

KTM rider
Do you guys ever get any trailers that come in from the northeast? Heck, all are trailers are dented and scratched. If guys worried about that every
night we go through a case of sharpies a night.

We just had a guy covering a feeder vacation that was fired for scratching a trailer. Another driver noticed it and because the guy I work with did not make mention of it, he was accused of causing the scratch and not reporting it. He grieved it and got his job back because it was noted that between him having the trailer and the reporting driver, 3 different shifters had moved it.

Freaking ridiculous.