Who is responsible?

Discussion in 'UPS Freight' started by LaUpser, Jun 10, 2014.

1. LaUpser

LaUpser Member

Every so often I go to a neighboring center to assist in driving, my question is who is responsible for letting my home center know that I will not be there

Sent using BrownCafe App

2. greengrenades

greengrenades To be the man, you gotta beat the man.

I'm sure they ask your center before asking you to come into the other building. I'm not sure the persons title but there is usually a person who handles staff and who does what that day.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  3. cachsux

cachsux Wah

Who's responsible for telling you to report to the
    other center?

4. LaUpser

LaUpser Member

The other center calls me personally but I feel I should have to it should be between them to let each other know

Sent using BrownCafe App

5. cachsux

cachsux Wah

The chain of command is for that center to call your center and then your center calls you. CYA

6. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

It's YOUR responsiblity. You're the employee...assigned to a center. You need to inform the sups at your center...not rely on the neighboring center to tell them for you. If you were calling in sick...which center would you notify?

7. LaUpser

LaUpser Member

that's what I was thinking

Sent using BrownCafe App

8. cachsux

cachsux Wah

He's being told directly by another center to report to them. That center needs to follow the COC and call his center to borrow their employee. His center should then call him.

9. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

Okay I see your point. But if a center manager in one of the other centers in my building called me and told me to report to them that day...my next phone call would be to my center manager.

10. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Should this be in the Freight forum?

11. cachsux

cachsux Wah

That center manager should have called your center manager first.

12. cachsux

cachsux Wah

Not if it's a situation that can arise across the board in any division.