Who is running the show down in Atlanta?

P

pd109

Recently the account exec in my area bagged a large pickup and talked them into consolidating and using ups only.That was a month ago.I told mngmt at 8;00AM this morning that they were gonna have a LOT today.I get an oncall at 3:00pm for 268 pkgs.My pkg car is half full at this point and I expect it will be full by 6:00PM as usual.I sent a message to talk to the girl I talked to in the A.M.and that she should have a 5 ton available because I warned her.They msg me back at 4:00PM and tell me to go there and get a few air pkgs that are left over.I get there and apparently the 5 ton was there,and he couldnt fit it all in.They had 7 skids left and were promised they`d have a 50`trailer on monday.They were not happy.This inability to do as promised is the biggest reason why customers use the competition.The volume is there but the ability to do what they claim they can is based on some wide eyed account exec that has nothing to do with operations.Its not just me.Its happening every day.The one today was a costco supplier.

O

over9five

Are you saying we missed picking up the 7 skids? That really stinks, and I think heads should roll. They talk the talk. They can't wait to suspend us for delivering one air one minute late, but when they miss SEVEN SKIDS after getting an early heads up from the driver...!!! Anyhow, you don't see management suspended, but you do see them get transferred, so..