Who Is Serious About Unionizing?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I really need to determine who is willing to take action, and who is just talking about it. I need to decide whether or not to take the next step up, and I want to know how many people are willing to start taking some risks. That means lurkers and fence-sitters need to decide if they want to be Fred's slaves or actually do something about the abuse. PM me, or indicate your interest on this forum.

DO NOT IDENTIFY YOURSELF, and do not reveal your location except in the most general terms as in "East Coast", "West Coast". etc. It's very clear that the IBT is going to do nothing until we turn-in enough signed cards to make them take notice.

Make a decision. Are you going to be Fred's bitch forever, or are you going to do something about it?

Last edited:

Glorifiedpackmule

I really need to determine who is willing to take action, and who is just talking about it. I need to decide whether or not to take the next step up, and I want to know how many people are willing to start taking some risks. That means lurkers and fence-sitters need to decide if they want to be Fred's slaves or actually do something about the abuse. PM me, or indicate your interest on this forum.

DO NOT IDENTIFY YOURSELF, and do not reveal your location except in the most general terms as in "East Coast", "West Coast". etc. It's very clear that the IBT is going to do nothing until we turn-in enough signed cards to make them take notice.

Make a decision. Are you going to be Fred's bitch forever, or are you going to do something about it?

I'm ready to sign. My station is very anti union though. Mostly old timers that don't like change and have an attitude of "I've got mine".

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'm ready to sign. My station is very anti union though. Mostly old timers that don't like change and have an attitude of "I've got mine".

Like I said, R1a seems to have been right. What I cannot understand about old-timers (I'm one myself) is how they can be so "happy" when so much has been taken away. Even if you're topped-out, Fred has taken an enormous amount away from you. I don't appreciate that, but I guess most of the rest of you still think Fred's your buddy....he isn't.

vantexan

Like I said, R1a seems to have been right. What I cannot understand about old-timers (I'm one myself) is how they can be so "happy" when so much has been taken away. Even if you're topped-out, Fred has taken an enormous amount away from you. I don't appreciate that, but I guess most of the rest of you still think Fred's your buddy....he isn't.

In all fairness most old timers are topped out, have a full or near full pension at higher pay, and are near the end of their run. Why would they want to walk a picket line? For you it seems to be a personal vendetta. Most old timers just want to do their time and get out.

FedExRookie

I thought about running by my station at 5 am, throwing tons of union cards over the fence, so they scatter all over the property and continuing my 'run' to my car around the corner in the adjacent neighborhood.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
In all fairness most old timers are topped out, have a full or near full pension at higher pay, and are near the end of their run. Why would they want to walk a picket line? For you it seems to be a personal vendetta. Most old timers just want to do their time and get out.

No vendetta, but I don't like the way I've been dealt with either. The way FedEx handles hourly employees is just wrong all-around. It conflicts with my ethics to stand-by and watch others be abused.

vantexan

No vendetta, but I don't like the way I've been dealt with either. The way FedEx handles hourly employees is just wrong all-around. It conflicts with my ethics to stand-by and watch others be abused.

Seriously MFE, 8,495 posts calling Fred S every name in the book sounds like a vendetta, LOL!

Im all in...Ive been trying...I know its a uphill battle with patience but with a sense of urgency needed since the clock is ticking on us fast....Im in the West Region and the median is under 10 years of employment....

jmeti000

Ill do it. prolly half and half at my station...same old timer to midrange/new guy split. Id say about 50% would sign from what my feelers are tellin me.

morgan

it would be great to go union and we need too. the unfortunate truth is it will never happen! fred has seen to that by spending more than $10mil to fight the RLA and basically purchasing politicians like he was shopping at walmart. if you look it up, he's made sure the bill to change the law that governs fedex is buried so deep its probably buried with Hoffa somewhere. we all know the problems with trying to unionize, it's nothing new and until that law changes a union will never happen.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
To tell ya the truth, even if that law changed tomorrow I have serious doubts we'd ever be in the IBT, because the biggest obstacle to organizing I have realized, is our own damn people. It's like I just want to go into work now and start slapping the **** out of virtually everybody. I know I've already been "outted" as a trouble-maker at my location for all my recent talk, and I really don't care at this point. I really don't know what it will take to wake these people out of their Stepford-like trance.

I think it's gone well beyond herding cats and is more like trying to push a stalled fully loaded freight train with square wheels up a mountainside - while wearing rollerskates with one hand tied behind my back.

morgan

i totally agree route 66. but at least if the law changed stations could start unionizing instead of trying to get the whole company to turn union. the worst part is if you know the labor laws thats almost as good as having a union. i know my managers ask people to do things that are so against labor laws but these sheep just keep doing what they're told because they are to scared to stand up to fedex. they basically have held people hostage here over the past few years knowing that we're not going to leave in a bad economy. it really is disgusting what they've been doing..

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
To tell ya the truth, even if that law changed tomorrow I have serious doubts we'd ever be in the IBT, because the biggest obstacle to organizing I have realized, is our own damn people. It's like I just want to go into work now and start slapping the **** out of virtually everybody. I know I've already been "outted" as a trouble-maker at my location for all my recent talk, and I really don't care at this point. I really don't know what it will take to wake these people out of their Stepford-like trance.

I think it's gone well beyond herding cats and is more like trying to push a stalled fully loaded freight train with square wheels up a mountainside - while wearing rollerskates with one hand tied behind my back.

A really big part of the problem is the way FedEx ignores labor laws that supposedly protect the rights of workers to organize. Everyone who has worked there for awhile knows that the union is verboten. No discussing it, no literature, nothing, and to say anything even remotely mentioning a need to organize gets you the "troublemaker" label you mentioned.

These scare tactics have been in-place since Day 1, and they are quite effective. Here's how far it goes. Let's say you want someone from United Way to come to your station and tell you all the wonderful things your donation will make happen. They won't even let the United Way person into the building, because that might open the door for an IBT rep to claim the right to equal access. They wouldn't even let the Girl Scouts in.

If you openly talk about a union, you will have a manager assigned to watch you and report back to Memphis. That's why anything needs to be done in-secret, and outside company property.

It's our legal right, but apparently not at FedEx.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

A really big part of the problem is the way FedEx ignores labor laws that supposedly protect the rights of workers to organize. Everyone who has worked there for awhile knows that the union is verboten. No discussing it, no literature, nothing, and to say anything even remotely mentioning a need to organize gets you the "troublemaker" label you mentioned.

These scare tactics have been in-place since Day 1, and they are quite effective. Here's how far it goes. Let's say you want someone from United Way to come to your station and tell you all the wonderful things your donation will make happen. They won't even let the United Way person into the building, because that might open the door for an IBT rep to claim the right to equal access. They wouldn't even let the Girl Scouts in.

If you openly talk about a union, you will have a manager assigned to watch you and report back to Memphis. That's why anything needs to be done in-secret, and outside company property.

It's our legal right, but apparently not at FedEx.

We've had UW folks crying for money on several occasions.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Even if I thought the United Way was the greatest charity in the world (which I don't), I still wouldn't contribute a dime to them - simply because FedEx wants me to for the sole purpose of continuing their spurious image as this wonderful, people-loving company. Fred and Co. are about as charitable as a den full of cobras.