Who lost a 100 million euro bet and still kept his job? TNT

kingOFchester

They ALL make way too much!!!

Supply and demand. Regardless of what people may think, the most important concern for a publicly traded company is to make as much as they can for the stock holders. Top CEO's are pursed by the top companies. This is not to say that there are not bad CEO's or that our CEO is good for UPS, but the reason S&P 500 companies pay the salaries they do for their CEO's is because they are competing against each other in hiring their top level staff.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
I agree that all CEO's make way to much money. We have the highest CEO to employee average in the world. A lot of top companies in Japan pay their CEO's on average of 11 times the average grunt wage. We're in the 231 times area. No CEO is worth 231 times the average salary. Few are worth 11 times...if any!

Check out the CEO of Costco. This guy makes about 200k a year. We need a guy like this. Someone who wants to work for the challenge and love of it.

thessalonian13

Check out the CEO of Costco. This guy makes about 200k a year. We need a guy like this. Someone who wants to work for the challenge and love of it.
And how much does he get in stock options? All ceo's get paid low salaries and get lots of stock in lieu of salary so they can be taxed at a 15% rate instead of of 39% rate. That's how Romney last year year was taxed at 13.9% for his millions of $$$$ and us schleps get taxed at 20%-28% for our salaries. (depending on how much our spouces make and what tax rate we fall into.)

And how much does he get in stock options? All ceo's get paid low salaries and get lots of stock in lieu of salary so they can be taxed at a 15% rate instead of of 39% rate. That's how Romney last year year was taxed at 13.9% for his millions of $$$$ and us schleps get taxed at 20%-28% for our salaries. (depending on how much our spouces make and what tax rate we fall into.)
Yea you got me there

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Obviously you don't know much about stock options.
The base price of the stock awarded is taxed as normal income.
The difference in the base price and award/sell price is taxed as capital gains.

If you are getting taxed at a 20-28% rate, you need to get someone else to do your taxes.
The highest Federal tax rate I ever paid was 17% when my wife and I were working and I had a good year trading stocks without holding them for 1 year (taxed as normal income).
Last year my effective tax rate was less than 12%.