Who needs dr bags!?!?!?!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Rained all day here. Got to my first stop and realized they switched trucks on me and I had no dr bags. Made. No difference at all got them all off and am confident nothing got wet.

Whats that?
DR vehicle
DR shop
DR trash can
DR grill
DR dog house

Im sure there were no dr bags even if I had looked. Let's hear some of your most interesting DR places.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Years ago, I DR'd two packages in a big dog house in someone's back yard. No dogs out, left a notice. Next day I got a customer complaint. They let the dogs out before they got the notice and they had two big labs. Turns out the boxes contained linens. Sheets, comforters, blankets, pillow cases. Apparently the dogs decided to eat the boxes. Ripped cotton shreds all over the back yard. Two other memorable DR's: During my 30 day initial period I DR'd a package in a car on someone's side driveway because it appeared that no one was home. When I opened the door to put the package in, the car alarm started blasting off. I panicked, didn't know what to do. A few seconds later, the customer came out, mad as hell, wanting to whoop my ass cause he thought I was breaking into his car. It took him a second to realize I was trying to deliver a package, but even then, he was still kind of pissed. Other one was when I decide to make the flawless DR. I put a Mary Kay order in a trash can. Great DR. No one would ever see it and out of the weather. Left a notice and thought nothing of it until I got the complaint the following day. It COULD have been the perfect DR, if only the trash man hadn't come along and emptied their trash, and her Mary Kay order into the trash truck. The birds and rats at the landfill must have looked and smelled great that week.

old brown shoe

30 year driver
While on vacation in Alaska I went on a float plane(Cessna 172) that delivered mail, UPS and Fedx to remote fishing locations. The pilot let me deliver the packages for him while he held the plane on the dock. Some places there would be no one around and we would DR the packages on the dock under a tarp and fly off to the next stop. Also have a customer who lives across a river that the only way to the home is a row boat. DR their packages under a tarp in the boat.

kingOFchester

Years ago, I DR'd two packages in a big dog house in someone's back yard. No dogs out, left a notice. Next day I got a customer complaint. They let the dogs out before they got the notice and they had two big labs. Turns out the boxes contained linens. Sheets, comforters, blankets, pillow cases. Apparently the dogs decided to eat the boxes. Ripped cotton shreds all over the back yard. .

This cracked me up. I am sure the dogs were like "wow, our master must really like us, Look at this cool stuff he gave us to play with".

bumped

Rained all day here. Got to my first stop and realized they switched trucks on me and I had no dr bags. Made. No difference at all got them all off and am confident nothing got wet.

Whats that?
DR vehicle
DR shop
DR trash can
DR grill
DR dog house

Im sure there were no dr bags even if I had looked. Let's hear some of your most interesting DR places.

It sounds like you didn't do a proper pretrip.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Whats that?
DR vehicle
DR shop
DR trash can
DR grill
DR dog house

Thats "old school" driver release.... Nice.

Nowadays, it's "throw the package" on the porch....

The company doesn't pay claims.... so who cares ?

-Bug-

yeldarb

Whats that?
DR vehicle
DR shop
DR trash can
DR grill
DR dog house

It sounds like you didn't do a proper pretrip.
. I have never done a pre trip with dr bags in mind. If its raining, I grab a roll. I even have dr bags in my drop boxes in case I run out and news to get them.

Indecisi0n

You guys get a little too creative with these DRs. It's normally front door back door or garage. If there is no good location for an item and it looks expensive then I NI1 it. I'd rather go back the next day then get chewed out for putting a package is a really odd location and it getting damaged.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You guys get a little too creative with these DRs. It's normally front door back door or garage. If there is no good location for an item and it looks expensive then I NI1 it. I'd rather go back the next day then get chewed out for putting a package is a really odd location and it getting damaged.

You must not be "old school" because if you were you would do all that you could (within the methods) to get rid of it the first day.

yeldarb

I hate send agains to the point that I will find a place to leave a release able package and if it needs a signature, I will attempt all the neighbors. It benefits the customer, and it's one less signature required the next day.

Indecisi0n

You must not be "old school" because if you were you would do all that you could (within the methods) to get rid of it the first day.

How come its the "old school" guys who always get written up for their "old school" methods? Today is "new school" UPS. I am a dumb driver who doesn't make decisions outside of the UPS guidelines. If I need to make a decisions I text the office and let then decide for me. It's been working out great for me.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

If they only wanted you to dr the package to front or rear door or garage those would be the only choices in the board. On a Friday before a 3 day weekend I prefer to not make the customer wait til Tuesday to get the package. Also when covering a route I try not to screw the regular guy with a ton of send agains when he returns.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

How come its the "old school" guys who always get written up for their "old school" methods? Today is "new school" UPS. I am a dumb driver who doesn't make decisions outside of the UPS guidelines. If I need to make a decisions I text the office and let then decide for me. It's been working out great for me.

Do they wipe your ass for you too?