Who reads? Name some of the best and latest books you have read.

rod

Retired 22 years
I have a subscription to Playboy----I don't look at the pictures-I just read the articals

over9five

Staff member
LOL, yes, so you can tell them apart from one another.

Here is one of my favorite books of all time
http://www.amazon.com/Postman-Banta...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1241272044&sr=1-1
I was a voracious reader before I enlisted for brown duty, now I don't have enough time to read much at all.

Saw the movie, Kevin Costner, I think?
Don't have much time for reading, lately. Used to bring a book to read on lunch. Now, working nights I usually sleep for lunch!

Here's what the author thought of the movie.

jimstud

Banned
Don't have much time for reading, lately. Used to bring a book to read on lunch. Now, working nights I usually sleep for lunch!
you have to be in feeders you are the only people with ac and a pillow and a blanket in the cab

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Just read Joker One about the war in Iraq. awesome read
I've been thinking about picking that up, it got excellent reviews. If you like first person accounts check out "With the Old Breed", E.B Sledge's personal story of the fighting on Peleliu and Okinawa. One of the best accounts of front line combat ever written and a fixture on the Marine Corps reading list.

MikeTbob

Here's what the author thought of the movie.

Wow, I had forgotten all about K Costner's movie. I don't think I ever did see that movie. I'm gonna have to watch it now. Thanks!

David Brin seems to be a real down to earth kind of person and I love almost every book of his that I have read.

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
I am currently reading Watchmen.

I don't read that many books anymore, but magazines? Too many. I subscribe to Road and Track, Car and Driver, Cycle World, Classic Motorcycle, Trains, and Classic Toy Trains. I also read the paper, just the front page, local and ED/OP sections. Than there are the political websites I read online. And then there of course is the BC.

P

pickup

I am currently reading Watchmen.

I don't read that many books anymore, but magazines? Too many. I subscribe to Road and Track, Car and Driver, Cycle World, Classic Motorcycle, Trains, and Classic Toy Trains. I also read the paper, just the front page, local and ED/OP sections. Than there are the political websites I read online. And then there of course is the BC.

If it is a graphic novel and it has pictures, jimjimmyjames, then it is not reading.:happy2:

P

pickup

You and my wifey! She has two shelves in a bookcase, just Stephen King books!

I don't really read King, but one of my favorite all time books is "The Stand". Classic!

Did you start thinking about The Stand in relation to the swine flu?

I used to read a lot of fiction , non fiction. Don't have the time , inclination anymore. I think I read a lot of posts on browncafe. If I do read fiction at this point, it will be a dean koontz book. Predictable and it won't depress me. I only need to read the first two chapters to know where it is at and where it is going and then the last chapter to see where it went. And then over a week, I'll read the other chapters to confirm what I already know. He writes with a template.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I love to read as well, and because of work don't get to do it as much. I read just about anything. Murder/suspense, romance, sci-fi and sci-fantasy, even how to and diy and help yourself. Some of my favorite authors are: Micheal Crichton(one of the best authors), Robert B Parker(do you remember Spencer for Hire on TV), Vince Flynn(if you like espionage, he writes the best true to life trillers), Jonathan Kellerman(another great murder mystery writer), Nora Roberts and Sue Grafton(murder mystery).

moreluck

golden ticket member
Quote:
Originally Posted by over9five
You and my wifey! She has two shelves in a bookcase, just Stephen King books!

I don't really read King, but one of my favorite all time books is "The Stand". Classic!

The Stand is one of my favorites too. Most recently, King returned to his style in Duma Key. He strayed there for awhile with some western themed books that I didn't read. I sold my many King books at a garage sale to make room for my Grisham books.

P

pickup

I love to read as well, and because of work don't get to do it as much. I read just about anything. Murder/suspense, romance, sci-fi and sci-fantasy, even how to and diy and help yourself. Some of my favorite authors are: Micheal Crichton(one of the best authors), Robert B Parker(do you remember Spencer for Hire on TV), Vince Flynn(if you like espionage, he writes the best true to life trillers), Jonathan Kellerman(another great murder mystery writer), Nora Roberts and Sue Grafton(murder mystery).

Didn't Michael Crichton die relatively recently? I enj