Who reads? Name some of the best and latest books you have read.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
Anything by Dan Brown...... DaVinci Code,Angels and Demons,Digital Fortress,etc...a cannot put down without picking it back up and reading more kind of book.

spif91

"Daemon" by Daniel Suarez on audiobook was awefully good. Don't have time to read but have plenty of time to listen in my tractor on my feeder run..........

over9five

Staff member
"Daemon" by Daniel Suarez on audiobook was awefully good. Don't have time to read but have plenty of time to listen in my tractor on my feeder run..........

Excellent point! I have listened to two audiobooks recently, forgot about them.

My boss has said we should start a library in Feeders.

diesel96

Jimmy Buffet fan....I like stories that romp around the Carribean and the Keys....that's my retirement plans.....

Tales from Margaritaville: Fictional Facts and Factual Fictions (1989)
Where is Joe Merchant? (1992)
A Pirate Looks at Fifty (1998)
A Salty Piece of Land (November 2004)

JonFrum

for all you boston fans, that there avatar is a picture of Mookie Wilson running the basepaths while Bill Buckner seems to be having a hard time with a ground ball, probably happened in a meaningless exhibition game, so no harm.
The man spends his leisure time pulling wings of flies!!! :happy-very:

Oh. Best book: Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. Read it and you will understand --- EVERYTHING!!! (Warning: Will require at least two readings.)

P

pickup

The man spends his leisure time pulling wings of flies!!! :happy-very:

Oh. Best book: Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. Read it and you will understand --- EVERYTHING!!! (Warning: Will require at least two readings.)

You know jon, before I was on the first page and saw this strange name jonfrum as being the latest poster and for some reason the name John Galt ran through my head. How strange that when I read your post, you would mention Atlas Shrugged.

Sammie

Tony Hillerman - Navajo Tribal Police mysteries

Ellis Peters - 12th Century murder mysteries set in Britain

Marcia Davenport - Valley of Decision, My Brothers Keeper

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
...I don't really read King, but one of my favorite all time books is "The Stand"...

I knew I liked you for some reason - The Stand was close to a perfect book, and the last of SKs decent ones. His first (I think) called Night Shift is a collection of shorts. If you like horror and only have one book left to read in your life, read it. The Talisman by King & Straub is as good as The Stand.

Best Humor? Old Dave Barry stuff.

Best Drama? Old Tom Clancy Stuff

Best Political? Anything by PJ O'Rourke. Future books by him as well.

My favorite book of all time? (Barely edging out The Stand)

Barbarians at the Gate

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I just picked this up at Border's and will start reading it tomorrow:

The Best Thing Since Sliced Bread: The Life and Times of BBAG

I like a well written piece of fiction.

leastbest

LeastBest
I listen to books on my ipod while I work. I go through three or four a week. Hit the pause button when I get to a stop. I have nice speakers. Right now I'm reading all of the Dick Francis mysteries in order.

PopCan

A History of the American People by Paul Johnson was pretty good. The author (a British historian) has an interesting take on American history. I also enjoyed reading Catch-22.

...that's about it. :whiteflag:

UPSNewbie

Generation Kill by Evan Wright

Book covering his (Evan Wright, embedded reporter for Rolling Stones) journey with the 1st Recon Marines in Iraq 2003

There was a miniseries covering it on HBO last summer. Excellent all around.