Who reads? Name some of the best and latest books you have read.

spif91

Just finished "Rain Gods" by James Lee Burke......Awesome listen on audiobook. The narrator makes it worth buying from audible or iTunes.

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
i just finished "Vengence" - George Jonas

it is the story of the isreali counter terriorism team that went after the terriroists that planned the massacre at the munich olympics.

the movie munich is based on this book. don't mess with isreal

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Just finished reading "Sugar Busters".
I am diabetic and this book and it's advise have allowed me to get off insulin.

I agree that Dave Ramsey is a good read. I have been debt free for about 15 years (other than mortgage). That helps reduce stress for the obvious reasons but also not having to do something with newly acquired material possessions.
Clark Howard is another person in this genre, Clark is "my personal pocket protector".

P

pickup

Just finished reading "Sugar Busters".
I am diabetic and this book and it's advise have allowed me to get off insulin.

I agree that Dave Ramsey is a good read. I have been debt free for about 15 years (other than mortgage). That helps reduce stress for the obvious reasons but also not having to do something with newly acquired material possessions.
Clark Howard is another person in this genre, Clark is "my personal pocket protector".

Wow, Hoax, good for you especially in regards to getting off the insulin.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
If a book you have read gets made into a movie, do you go see the movie?
I tend not to.

I tend not to too. Books are really more precise and in depth. Movies will only show the best parts because of time restraints.

Just read another great story: Sworn to Silence by Linda Castillo.

TheDick

In the President's Secret Service: Behind the Scenes with Agents in the Line of Fire and the Presidents They Protect

So far so good. I've never read a SS book. So all the old stories of past presidents and the inception(history) of the SS is nice reading.

M

Mike23

I used to read lots until the brown made my eyes hurt at night from exhaustion. Now I download the audio books and listen to them. Going through 'The Dark Tower' by Stephen King right now, wasn't what I expected from him and like it.

I was reading 'The Wheel of Time' by Robert Jordon but after the fourth book it just becomes to repetitive and boring.

I really liked 'The Three Musketeers' by Alexander Dumas, I must've read it about three times. Much better then the movie.

Guardians of the Flame by Joel Rosenberg was really a good series (twice read)

satellitedriver

I read a lot,
and average 5 books a month.
Most are for mental diversion, down time, trying to relax.
Just finished Ted Bell's, "TSAR"( not up to his standard),
In descending order, since June.
John Godey's "The taking of PELHAM 123".
Jack DuBrul's " Deep Fire Rising".
David Gibbin's " The Tiger Warrior".
Dale Brown's "Day of the Cheetah".
Also, in this same time frame I have read, and contemplated, passages from;
Lao Tsu's, "TAO te Ching".
Sun Tzu's, "Art of War".
Most importantly,
this weekend I read the owners/operators manual for my new John Deere ZTR mower.:peaceful:

satellitedriver

Great question! Also, anyone want to name a great book that also made a great movie?

I think "Lord of the Rings" was an awesome trilogy that was also a great movie trilogy.
Bingo,
That was the only movie/movies, "true" to the book.
"Dune" sucked.
"Battlefield Earth", was worse.
Both books, took me into a rich,fleshed out world.
Maybe, some of the classics translate, but, I have yet to see any of them accomplish that goal, in a movie.

BrownArmy

For any sci-fi fans out there, I just re-read "Ender's Game" by Orson Scott Card. Great read, the sci-fi aspect is almost beside the point. Just a great story, very well written, pulls you along quite nicely...

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
Just finished "Rain Gods" by James Lee Burke......Awesome listen on audiobook. The narrator makes it worth buying from audible or iTunes.

Just finished listening to the audio of "Rain Gods". Excellent story though quite long (12 disks) still great storytelling.

moneysaver hint: This audiobook was $50.00 at Borders. I went to the library where they have tons of audio books for free. Many are donated within weeks of being bought at stores.