Who Should I Tell About a Threat

BigBrown609

At my building we have a preloader who is also an air driver. Before he was an air driver he was a helper. He has a long history of drug use (he has been sober for 5 years now but will mention his past from time to time) and is extremely tightly wound. He's been my helper a decent amount and right away I could tell he had an anger issue. A serious one. Me and another helper have discussed it before and both agree he seems like the type of guy that would perform a shooting like the one in Birmingham. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

I've wanted to tell someone but had nothing to tell management besides telling them he has an anger problem and they wouldn't do anything about it. Well, I was just told by the other helper that last week the guy with the anger problem got into an argument with someone else on the preload and made a threat about coming in with a gun and shooting people. He made the threat almost under his breath and only one person heard it. Who should I tell the other preloader to inform about this? Center manager? Supervisor?

John_Banner_as_Schultz.jpeg

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Effective Wednesday, September 24th, 2014, all UPSers will be expected to answer the expanded DOK questions.

- In the event a disgruntled employee or consumer enters the facility with an active weapon:
A. Where should you assemble?
B. How are you notified?
C. Has the "disgruntled employee or consumer with an active weapon" siren been tested within the past 12 months?

MassWineGuy

I think you should follow the chain and report this to your sup. And document for yourself that you did. On the other hand, if you're friendly and on good good terms with the center manager, tell them.

Indecisi0n

Effective Wednesday, September 24th, 2014, all UPSers will be expected to answer the expanded DOK questions.

- In the event a disgruntled employee or consumer enters the facility with an active weapon:
B. How are you notified?
C. Has the "disgruntled employee or consumer with an active weapon" siren been tested within the past 12 months?

A. The nearest restroom
B. By the sound of gunshots
C. Wut

Returntosender

B. How are you notified?
A. Take a tractor and drive off property through UPS fence if need be.
B. The shooter will be targeting certain people hopefully he'll say go I'll spare you.
C. Nope, they don't even test the evacuation alarm.

Returntosender

If you say something management will do an investigation. The accused has every right to face they're accuser. You could be event trigger the preloader needs to be pushed over the edge?

If you don't say something, maybe something happens with the threat.

looks like you will be playing russian roulette ?

OPTION3

file a grievance....put everything in writing....Then you will have a written record of it in case something happens and the company did NOTHING about it

Future

Victory Ride
images.jpg
At my building we have a preloader who is also an air driver. Before he was an air driver he was a helper. He has a long history of drug use (he has been sober for 5 years now but will mention his past from time to time) and is extremely tightly wound. He's been my helper a decent amount and right away I could tell he had an anger issue. A serious one. Me and another helper have discussed it before and both agree he seems like the type of guy that would perform a shooting like the one in Birmingham. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

I've wanted to tell someone but had nothing to tell management besides telling them he has an anger problem and they wouldn't do anything about it. Well, I was just told by the other helper that last week the guy with the anger problem got into an argument with someone else on the preload and made a threat about coming in with a gun and shooting people. He made the threat almost under his breath and only one person heard it. Who should I tell the other preloader to inform about this? Center manager? Supervisor?