Who should make the most money?

vantexan

Van's co-worker: "Hello, Mr. Smith? They said I have to get a hair cut. Do I really have to get one"?
Mr. Smith: "Hell yes"!

No, more like talking with God:

1. Thou shalt get a POD.
2. Thou shalt aim high in steering.
3. Thou shalt keep thy hair short.
​4. Thou shalt....

CJinx

I've always wondered what kind of :poop:storm you'd bring down if you were to fire off an email to Fred S from your own company email account. I bet he doesn't even read them; like some 4th stringer secretary deals with it.

hypo hanna

Not so, contacted him directly and he had his personal assistant contact me to look into the matter on two different occasions. Of course both situations got swept under the rug but at least I tried. I know a courier who contacted his office about being told to get a haircut. Fred called him directly at station and told him he'd have to comply with the rules. We asked what it was like and he said it was like talking to God, lol.

Or talking to someone with a god complex.
Urban Dictionary

bbsam

Staff member
1. UPS Drivers: Hard, physical labor, brutal pace.

2. Express Drivers: Fast pace, critical thinking and decision skills, a proficient courier should be paid as much as a UPS driver because they are worth it in terms of the money they make (and save) for FedEx. Some Express employees have extra certifications (DG, International etc) that make them even more valuable. It is currently taking about 2 new DRA-type employees to be as productive as a "7" courier.

3. USPS Drivers: They work harder than most people think they do. The "bad apple" exceptions and anti-union GOP rhetoric make them look like slackers. They aren't.

4. Ground Drivers: Straightline deliveries...yawn.

5. HD...Straightline, low-volume. low skill set required.

Oh, and FU "Fred". The real deal wouldn't even consider talking to a lowly hourly, much less consider their opinion. We could have saved the company huge money with DRA, but nobody bothered to ask us our opinion. Now, they're sending 5-6 people a day into customers instead of 2-3 (all opcos combined). Smart, reall smart.

Thankyou. By your own admission Ground and HD drivers do not deserve the same pay as Express and UPS. So can we then say you agree with the low skill, low pay model employed to maximize profit? See. I told you that you and I were alot alike.

MaineGroundDriver

2. Express Drivers: Fast pace, critical thinking and decision skills, a proficient courier should be paid as much as a UPS driver because they are worth it in terms of the money they make (and save) for FedEx. Some Express employees have extra certifications (DG, International etc) that make them even more valuable. It is currently taking about 2 new DRA-type employees to be as productive as a "7" courier.

3. USPS Drivers: They work harder than most people think they do. The "bad apple" exceptions and anti-union GOP rhetoric make them look like slackers. They aren't.

Oh, and FU "Fred". The real deal wouldn't even consider talking to a lowly hourly, much less consider their opinion. We could have saved the company huge money with DRA, but nobody bothered to ask us our opinion. Now, they're sending 5-6 people a day into customers instead of 2-3 (all opcos combined). Smart, reall smart.

My route doesn't allow for straightline deliveries ..

MAKAVELI

My route doesn't allow for straightline deliveries ..
Do you have 8:00, 10:00, 10:30, 12:00, 3:00, 4:30, 7:00 time commits with oncall pu, some with 1 hour windows? No, then you straightline.

Doc Sorting Dude

Easy! The gal who has to make sure everyone has their ID in the morning before she hands out equipment. She gets bitched at more than anyone in the station. But I think she's retaliating; if you have your badge backwards she won't even give you your timecard until you turn it around.

MaineGroundDriver

Do you have 8:00, 10:00, 10:30, 12:00, 3:00, 4:30, 7:00 time commits with oncall pu, some with 1 hour windows? No, then you straightline.

I have several businesses who expect their delieveries by 8:30, 9:30, 10:00, 11:30, etc .. granted I'm not "under the gun" by an official time commit window, but it's still what the customer expects and we try to deliever .. I also have "oncall pu", the customer's just contact me directly instead of going through FDX .. and of course I have several different timed pickup windows .. no, I'm not saying my time is as crazy as the commitments you must fulfill, but it's not the kind of route that "you people" make it out to be ..

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Easy! The gal who has to make sure everyone has their ID in the morning before she hands out equipment. She gets bitched at more than anyone in the station. But I think she's retaliating; if you have your badge backwards she won't even give you your timecard until you turn it around.

That IS hilarious. They have a thread on the UPS side called "Only at UPS". We need an "Only at FedEx" thread. The things no one would believe if we told them.

MAKAVELI

I have several businesses who expect their delieveries by 8:30, 9:30, 10:00, 11:30, etc .. granted I'm not "under the gun" by an official time commit window, but it's still what the customer expects and we try to deliever .. I also have "oncall pu", the customer's just contact me directly instead of going through FDX .. and of course I have several different timed pickup windows .. no, I'm not saying my time is as crazy as the commitments you must fulfill, but it's not the kind of route that "you people" make it out to be ..
What you do is straightlining to us. I can respect that you are trying to please your customers by getting there by certain times of the day. Customers expect those times because that's what Express does but your job doesn't depend on making those time commitments.

MaineGroundDriver

What you do is straightlining to us. I can respect that you are trying to please your customers by getting there by certain times of the day. Customers expect those times because that's what Express does but your job doesn't depend on making those time commitments.

I understand your operation a lot more than the average Ground driver though .. you should hear a few of the Ground drivers at my terminal talk about what Express drivers do and how easy they have it .. one in particular hasn't a clue and he'll bitch to me about it .. I'll just listen to him and when he's done I just walk away shaking my head ..