Who stole my Country ??

moreluck

golden ticket member
The Muslims want to build a mosque at ground zero and a boy wearing a rosary in honor of his dead brother & uncle is suspended from school. Am I on earth?? Is this America ?? I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone or the Outer Limits?? :dissapointed:

Lue C Fur

Evil member
My understanding is that there was something called an "election".

Just curious...do you agree with building a mosque on ground zero and with suspending the child for wearing a rosary in school? I just want to make sure i understand you correctly. And by the way...Obama being a Muslim, non-citizen, never went to college idiot (i added idiot) was sarcasm...but im sure you knew that already.:wink2:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Just curious...do you agree with building a mosque on ground zero and with suspending the child for wearing a rosary in school? I just want to make sure i understand you correctly. And by the way...Obama being a Muslim, non-citizen, never went to college idiot (i added idiot) was sarcasm...but im sure you knew that already.:wink2:
I have no clue about any of this stuff, I just got home from working another 10+ day. I was really just responding to the "Who stole my country??", which you typically hear these days from folks who didn't vote for the current president. Actually when I read that my first thought was that we must have a new American Indian member at the BC. Then I realized it was just Moreluck...

Ok did some reading. I don't care about the mosque (It's not "at ground zero", it's a couple blocks away).

It sounds like the the principal way over reacted on the kid with the rosary. I suspect that young man will be getting an apology and rightly so.

Last edited:

TechGrrl

Space Cadet
It's several blocks away on a side street, in a building that was damaged by the landing gear of one of the planes. IT IS NOT on Ground Zero, it is nearby.

What should the radius be where mosques are forbidden?

Note that the building is already being used for religious services on Fridays. The group that wants to develop the building is looking to invest $100 million for a multi-purpose building with sports facilities, and other things. The concept/design has been approved by the community board for the neighborhood.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
Those muslims didn't do anything on 9/11 so I could care less about the mosque.

The rosary is a little insane.

This country was founded on the basis of religious freedoms and by the actions of the ACLU types that is being taken away. It's insane. I should be able to be religious where ever the heck I want. If I want to pray in schoo;l I can. If my county is religious, mostly christian and wants to pray before court/graduation/infastructure dedication we can. If you don't want to or are not the same religion then just don't pray. Wait patiently and quietly out of repect for you neighbors who do. Crap, ask for a hebrew prayer to be included I don't care.

When the government comes and says, you can't be this reilgion or that religion then we have a problem. The is nothing in the constitution about seperation of church and state. They just can't set a national religion.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Those Muslims didn't do anything on 9/11 so I could care less about the mosque.

The rosary is a little insane.

This country was founded on the basis of religious freedoms and by the actions of the ACLU types that is being taken away. It's insane. I should be able to be religious where ever the heck I want. If I want to pray in school;l I can. If my county is religious, mostly christian and wants to pray before court/graduation/infrastructure dedication we can. If you don't want to or are not the same religion then just don't pray. Wait patiently and quietly out of respect for you neighbors who do. Crap, ask for a Hebrew prayer to be included I don't care.

When the government comes and says, you can't be this religion or that religion then we have a problem. The is nothing in the constitution about separation of church and state. They just can't set a national religion.
There has never been any court ruling that would prohibit an individual from praying whenever and wherever he/she wants. What the courts have said is that the state cannot implicitly endorse one religion by, for instance, having a teacher at a public school lead the children in a christian prayer every morning.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Obama people keep putting their collective feet in their mouths.....I loved it when Holder & Napolitano were both squirming when it was found out they didn't read the AZ bill.
Seeing Pelosi clapping after the mex.pres. said he disagreed with the AZ. law........she makes me want to puke!
Calderone has brass cajones to speak like that in OUR country when his country's laws on immigration are 200 times worse than anything we could write.

tieguy

Banned
It's several blocks away on a side street, in a building that was damaged by the landing gear of one of the planes. IT IS NOT on Ground Zero, it is nearby.

What should the radius be where mosques are forbidden?

Note that the building is already being used for religious services on Fridays. The group that wants to develop the building is looking to invest $100 million for a multi-purpose building with sports facilities, and other things. The concept/design has been approved by the community board for the neighborhood.

Perhaps we can also build a shrine there for those brave muslims that gave their lives flying those planes. :its_all_good:

bbsam

Staff member
The Muslims want to build a mosque at ground zero and a boy wearing a rosary in honor of his dead brother & uncle is suspended from school. Am I on earth?? Is this America ?? I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone or the Outer Limits?? :dissapointed:
Is it possible that it was never "your" country, but "our" country and you are simply waking up to the rest of those that comprise "us"?