Who to go with

UPSGUY72

It is not a business address to UPS it is a residential street with a person running a business out of his house (ie property). It doesn't matter that the business is in a detached garage the address is still residential the business and house share the same address and owner. I'm sure if Danny took a bigger picture of the property we would have a clear idea of the situation but I would suspect that a bigger picture wouldn't help his cause.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Where to start, so many people reading things into the post that just are not there.

Why did you sign a release to have your packages left if your employees are always there and your business is always open to the public?
That one is really simple. The UPS man/woman, like every other UPSER is in a hurry. Most times, when there are no customers, they go out to meet the UPS man at the truck. BUt other times, they have Customers, who take priority over the driver getting a signature. So to keep the driver from having to wait, I signed a delivery release so they can leave it behind the counter and go.

if I were your driver, you or an employee would have to sign for everything. If the gate was closed I would record it as closed 1 and stick a delivery notice on the gate.
Cool, but you would not leave it AT the gate, right?

People are trying to help you and give you advice. But you would rather just complain about every response. Danny this isnt the good ole UPS you worked for, all the employees are under pressure to get the job done and get home to their families.
Interesting, from what you just posted, it has not changed. All the employees since I began at UPS have always been under tremendous pressure to get the job done and get home to their families. So what has changed, really? As for the hours the employees work, business is what it is. We provide a service. When we are no longer available when they need us, then we loose business. Its that simple. BTW, that is also why I posted.

Also, as a former driver, I hate calling in complaints, because when you do, they want names of who. Not something I really like. I would rather inform them they have a problem, and let them investigate. Just like with DR to a business.

72, I guess you jumped into the conversation without reading it. It is a business. THe area is mixed, some residential, more business, but a lot of empty space. I happen to be the only address on the street as well. The street or location has nothing to do with your claim, UPS policy states that if it stands alone from the house, or is open to the public, or has regular hours that are posted, it is a business. All a business needs to do is meet one of the above to be classified as a business. And I meet all three.

And that does still not address the front door left at location, when it was not left at the front door. Any more questions?

Sober, At least you get it. I see so many of our posters here have yielded their integrity and blame it on the "New" UPS and the unreal expectations that are demanded. Those have always been there. But you allways do your job, and keep your integrity intact. But so many sell out so easily........and most, as in this case, is because the driver is not willing to do what he claims via the diad. As in this case, leaving it several hundred yards from where he claimed to have left it.

I will take the next step that so many have posted, and call in a formal complaint. Hate to do it, but ......

As for the post about my retirement being linked directly to the success or failure of UPS, it is. That is a fact. BUt you, as current employees, have more impact that my business would ever have.
d

UPSGUY72

" I signed a delivery release so they can leave it behind the counter and go".

If you signed a deliver release paper that is on file with UPS than the driver doesn't need a person to sign for any package and can leave the package without anyone at the address ( ie front door, rear door, side door, shed, gate, etc) unless a sig is required by the shipper. If you sign a deliver notice that the driver didn't sheet the previous day it's useless as it's not attached to that package. The package was most likely left at the gate because it appeared locked to the driver and since no sign is required if you have a signed form on file he left it.

It doesn't matter if it's a stand alone building it shares the same address with a residential address that the same person owns either the whole address is resi or business not half and half.

Don't worry about calling in complaints we get them every day 99% of them are put in the circular file. People complain about everything and anything you could possibly think of. Your going to complain about the driver not getting a sig and or the deliver location. They are either going to make your address a sig only or put a note to deliver to a specific location. Nothing is going happen to the driver.

If the address is a Sig only in the future if the gate is closed the drive is going then sheet the package as Ni1 and move on you get your package tomorrow.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND

Again, you obviously dont get it.
If you signed a deliver release paper that is on file with UPS than the driver doesn't need a person to sign for any package and can leave the package without anyone at the address ( ie front door, rear door, side door, shed, gate, etc) unless a sig is required by the shipper. If you sign a deliver notice that the driver didn't sheet the previous day it's useless as it's not attached to that package. The package was most likely left at the gate because it appeared locked to the driver and since no sign is required if you have a signed form on file he left it.

A signed delivery notice, or release, does not negate the drivers responsibility for a safe delivery. OR to put it where you might understand, just because there is a piece of paper on file saying he can leave it without a physical signature, does not relieve him of seeing to it the delivery is a safe delivery. In other words, out of sight, weather etc. In this case, no attempt was made to protect the package, or to deliver it to where he claimed to have left it, which is a dishonest act per UPS policy.

As for your facination with the gate appearing to be locked, sorry, that is not possible. IT was wide open, just like it was in the photo. But I thought I would mention it again since that little tidbit has not sunk in yet.

It doesn't matter if it's a stand alone building it shares the same address with a residential address that the same person owns either the whole address is resi or business not half and half.
WHile that is as confused as a statement can be, while not an issue, the address for the home is and has always been different than the address of the business.

AS far as complaint proceedures at the center, I well know what happens as I spent many years watching. I also know it is the customer that raises the most hell also gets the fasted response.

If this is not clear enough, maybe 9.5 might be so kind as to draw you a picture.

d

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS

Again, you obviously dont get it.

A signed delivery notice, or release, does not negate the drivers responsibility for a safe delivery. OR to put it where you might understand, just because there is a piece of paper on file saying he can leave it without a physical signature, does not relieve him of seeing to it the delivery is a safe delivery. In other words, out of sight, weather etc. In this case, no attempt was made to protect the package, or to deliver it to where he claimed to have left it, which is a dishonest act per UPS policy.

As for your facination with the gate appearing to be locked, sorry, that is not possible. IT was wide open, just like it was in the photo. But I thought I would mention it again since that little tidbit has not sunk in yet.

WHile that is as confused as a statement can be, while not an issue, the address for the home is and has always been different than the address of the business.

AS far as complaint proceedures at the center, I well know what happens as I spent many years watching. I also know it is the customer that raises the most hell also gets the fasted response.

If this is not clear enough, maybe 9.5 might be so kind as to draw you a picture.

d
I was not aware of this. :whiteflag:

UPSGUY72

Like I said a bigger picture of the situation would help. The pictures you showed us could be the gate closed with the package behind the wall. As I said before a bigger picture of the area probably wouldn't help your side of the story or you would have given us one already.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
You would have thought he would have brought that up to start not 87 post later. The story he tells is changing a little here and a little there.
True but it still makes little difference. The driver did not use proper delivery methods. Danny said himself that he pays resi surcharges, so it still is a resi delivery by UPS standards.

washington57

Danny,

We can nitpick the details of your property and the delivery location but it doesn't change the fact that you are dissatisfied with the service you received. However, I urge you to call UPS, explain the situation and that to be clear all future deliveries be made to your exact specifications and that placing the package outside the gate in inexcusable. Ask for a note to be made in the DIAD? If it happens again after the resolution call then by all means drop UPS.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I think everyone should give Dan-o a break.

A major loss of blood from trying to cut off one of his appendages probably wiped out a lot of brain cells.

Just say'n ....

-Bug-

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
The driver did not use proper delivery methods. Danny said himself that he pays resi surcharges, so it still is a resi delivery by UPS standards.
Pssst, Dilly, UPS has told the drivers to NOT DR my packages, because it is a business. One of my complaints is that even so, they still DR packages. That alone has cost me hundreds of dollars.

BUG, dont let dilly back you down, I make fun of my crippled hand all the time. STill can not pick my nose with my right hand. ;)

72 Please advise how the story has changed? And just for people that cant get the picture, I will post an overview of the property so you can "get the big picture"?

d

jaker

trolling
I am still confused since I don't know you Dannyboy but if you are a former ups driver then ask your driver to do that for you , I have a couple of retire ups guys on my route and I give them the best treatment of all since they were one of us

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Yes, I worked for ups from the very early 70's until my retirement a few years back. But some people dont respect that. But from me, thanks for taking care of the guys on your route. I know they really appriciate it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

True but it still makes little difference. The driver did not use proper delivery methods. Danny said himself that he pays resi surcharges, so it still is a resi delivery by UPS standards.

Danny is paying residential surcharges because the driver is not following proper methods. Deliveries to his business are commercial while those to his house would be residential. UPS is billing the shipper the surcharges and they are passing those on to Danny.