Who will BUSH Pardon?

av8torntn

You are right, I do not.
Israel, Russia, and North Korea have targeted US Military aircraft in the past.
The targeting of US aircraft and the invasion and occupation of a country are hardly commensurate.

Now that is very interesting. I thought you would just say no but you chose to qualify it with Rusia and N. Korea. I take it then that you are saying you support covert and overt use of force but only on a smaler scale? I was thinking you were going to give the standard libertarian answer but you threw a curve.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
oh, now we are from many to three? three out of how many?

and oh the conditions are so bad that three committed suicide? i guess that means our prison system is also cruel and mean. after all, just in our area, there have been at least 5 suicides that have been successful.

at gitmo, of the 40 plus attempts, most were tried by individuals that are so inept they failed dozens of times? that reminds me of a kid we once had. attention seeking i think it is called./

further more, your quotes of the mistreatment is largely comprised of statements from lawyers that are "representing" the inmates. so a lawyers word carries more weight than a naval commander? no wonder you are so screwed up.

and no where do you find anything that says he is a saudi.

Some facts released today from Amnesty International

just released, but the information is two years old? really?

and we just picked him up at a wedding you say? a wedding in pakistan? wow, we sure know how to find people that are in the know.

after all, we are just picking people at random around the world, taking them to gitmo for no reason what ever, and then treating them like crap just because we enjoy it. basically that is what you are saying, right?

it for sure cant be that he as involved with a group that is closely tied to bin ladin, and he might have information that we might find useful in the capture of same?

funny how people like you have all the answers, but yet the very same actions that you deplore have made bin ladin go even deeper, and restrict who has access to him or his where abouts. it would seem that the reason for that is the Innocent darlings we have at gitmo.

maybe its not what they have done, but what they might know that we are interested in keeping them on ice.

so that would mean you are a prime candidate for a stay at gitmo, since you claim to know everything?

d

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Remember those wild stories that first came out of Gitmo, flushing the Qu'ran down the toilet.
I recall they came from former guests and the media jumped all over it as it was gospel.
NO one bothered to check the facts. It was all lies, part of the enemy combatant's training to use the media as their own mouthpieces.
WE treat them as people in Gitmo , better than any jail they are use to. And how have they responded towards our guards. Like uncivilized animals, throwing their bodily wastes at them.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Its amazing to me that some people will defend people who shoot at American troops. These guys in Gitmo should be shipped back to Iraq and Afghanistan and let the current governments deal with them. They are not American citizens and they do not have the same rights as us.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
scratch

if you take the time to understand why many of these detainees are kept so long, it is that very reason. their home country does not want them back either. many are facing legal issues back "home" when we do cut them loose.

it never ceases to be a total source of amazement to hear people refer to the guys there as innocents.

remember something mom used to say. you are known by the company you keep. aka play around with pigs all day, no wonder you smell and look like :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:.

d

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
OK, bush's third round of pardons, and all seem to be in line with Republican methodology.

Still a month and a half to go before we get to the big fish!

WASHINGTON – President George W. Bush has granted pardons to 14 individuals and commuted the prison sentences of two others convicted of misdeeds including drug offenses, tax evasion, wildlife violations and bank embezzlement.
The new round of White House pardons announced Monday are Bush's first since March and come less than two months before he will end his presidency. The crimes committed by those on the list also include offenses involving hazardous waste, food stamps, and the theft of government property.
Bush has been stingy during his time in office about granting clemency, but more grants are expected.
Including these actions, he has granted a total of 171 pardons and eight commutations. That's less than half as many as Presidents Clinton or Reagan issued during their time in office. Both were two-term presidents, like Bush.
On the latest pardon list were:
_Leslie Owen Collier of Charleston, Mo., who pleaded guilty in 1995 to unlawfully killing three bald eagles in southeast Missouri. He improperly used pesticide in hamburger meat to kill coyotes, but ended up killing many other animals, including the bald eagles. Collier, who was convicted for unauthorized use of a pesticide and violating the Bald and Golden Eagle Protection Act, was sentenced Feb. 2, 1996 in the Eastern District of Missouri.
_Milton Kirk Cordes of Rapid City, S.D. Cordes was convicted of conspiracy to violate the Lacey Act, which prohibits importation into the country of wildlife taken in violation of conservation laws.
_Richard Micheal Culpepper of Mahomet, Ill., who was convicted of making false statements to the federal government.
_Brenda Jean Dolenz-Helmer of Fort Worth, Texas, convicted of concealing knowledge of a crimeDolenz-Helmer, the daughter of a Dallas doctor accused of medical insurance fraud, was convicted in connection with the doctor's case. She was sentenced Dec. 31, 1998 in the Northern District of Texas to four year's probation with the special condition of 600 hours of community service and a $10,000 fine.
_Andrew Foster Harley of Falls Church, Va. Harley was convicted of wrongful use and distribution of marijuana and cocaine during a general court martial at the U.S. Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, Colo.
_Obie Gene Helton of Rossville, Ga., whose offense was unauthorized acquisition of food stamps.
_Carey C. Hice Sr. of Travelers Rest, S.C., who was convicted of income tax evasion.
_Geneva Yvonne Hogg of Jacksonville, Fla., convicted of bank embezzlement.
_William Hoyle McCright Jr. of Midland, Texas, who was convicted of bank fraud.
_Paul Julian McCurdy of Sulphur, Okla., who was sentenced for misapplication of bank funds.
_Robert Earl Mohon Jr. of Grant, Ala., who was convicted of conspiracy to distribute marijuana.
_Ronald Alan Mohrhoff of Los Angeles, who was convicted for unlawful use of a telephone in a narcotics felony.

_Daniel Figh Pue III of Conroe, Texas, convicted of illegal treatment, storage and disposal of a hazardous waste without a permit.
_Orion Lynn Vick of White Hall, Ark., who was convicted of aiding and abetting the theft of government property.
Bush also commuted the prison sentences of John Edward Forte of North Brunswick, N.J., and James Russell Harris of Detroit, Mich. Both were convicted of cocaine offenses.
Under the Constitution, the president's power to issue pardons is absolute and cannot be overruled.
Some high-profile individuals, such as Michael Milken, are seeking a pardon on securities fraud charges. Two politicians convicted of public corruption — former Rep. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, R-Calif., and four-term Democratic Louisiana Gov. Edwin W. Edwards — are asking Bush to shorten their prison terms.
One hot topic of discussion related to pardons is whether Bush might decide to issue pre-emptive pardons before he leaves office to government employees who authorized or engaged in harsh interrogations of suspected terrorists in the wake of the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks. Some constitutional scholars and human rights groups want the incoming administration of President-elect Barack Obama to investigate possible war crimes.
If Bush were to pardon anyone involved, it would provide protection against criminal charges, particularly for people who were following orders or trying to protect the nation with their actions. But it would also be highly controversial. At the same time, Obama advisers say there is little — if any — chance that his administration would bring criminal charges.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Thank goodness, Bush is not like Clinton in pardoning known terrorists, of course Clinton only pardoned terrorists that had a connection to NY where his wife was going to run for US Senator.

tieguy

Banned
i was really hoping he would pardon congress for their willful destruction of this countrys economy. Would have made a powerful statement.:happy-very:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Its amazing how many COCAINE and MARIJUANA dealers BUSH has pardoned in the last two weeks.

I wonder why he would pardon so many drug dealers?

Why the fuss over Clintons pardon of a drug dealer when BUSH has already pardoned 10 times more drug dealers?

Makes you go hmmm:dead:

tieguy

Banned
No problem...I enjoy your posts.
It's like going to a family reunion... remember where I came from and I leave feeling better about myself. :funny:

(he says exiting the scene as his opponent stands there speechless his mouth sitting wide open) "Whut deed he say? Deed he say sumptin bout mah upbringin? what da heck did he mean by dat?" says the big galut reaching up to scratch his head.:happy-very:

tieguy

Banned
Good News ... He's alive and In Saudi Arabia - Praise Allah

Jumah al-Dossari was amongst a group of 16 Saudi Arabian nationals transferred from Guantánamo to Saudi Arabia on 16 July 2007. According to media reports, all 16 were immediately taken into custody upon their arrival for investigation by the Saudi Arabian authorities.

Jumah al-Dossari, a joint Saudi Arabian/Bahraini citizen, is believed to have attempted suicide at least 13 times whilst in US custody.

His brother-in-law, who spoke to Jumah al-Dossari on the phone after his return, told the media that:

"His mother, brother and sister have seen him in Riyadh and they say he is well and he was very pleased to see them... For five years, he was there, but now he has come back and that is great... We are very happy... He called me and I talked with him -- his health seems better than before because he is back."

Up to 77 Saudi Arabian nationals have been released from Guantánamo and returned to Saudi Arabia. All were detained on arrival. Most have reportedly been released, but Amnesty International does not know how many are still detained and on what grounds. Approximately 53 Saudi Arabian nationals are still held in Guantánamo.

According to the US Department of Defense, approximately 360 men remain detained in Guantánamo.

Amnesty International has thanked all those who took action on his behalf.

Amnesty International is one of those selective sources. I often found the libcons did not like me using it when I pointed out that AI had estimated Sadaam Hussien had personally had over a million people killed in Iraq.

But in this case the libcons find it a valued resource.:happy-very:

tieguy

Banned
I heard these were OBAMAS former(?) drug dealers, and Obama asked PRESIDENT Bush to pardon them.

good god man Obama with ex clintonites may very well legalize every known drug. Bush is simply ahead of the game.

Looks like the post you responded to was TOS commenting on drug dealers being pardoned.

Its an interesting reference. By pointing out that Bush pardoned drug dealers you can insinuate something about the character of Bush.

yet as far as I know there are no generic crimes in that you don't generally get committed to jail just because or for no particular reason......:)