Who would i talk to?

whome

who should i talk to if i want to get into driving.only been working for ups for 6 months now but want to get my foot in the door.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Ask hr where the driver bid sheet is. Sign it and wait. It's all about seniority. No such thing as getting a foot in the door

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Ask hr where the driver bid sheet is. Sign it and wait. It's all about seniority. No such thing as getting a foot in the door

Been in my building for 24 years. I have no idea how to contact H/R.

This would all depend on the building and the size of it. I see my HR lady everyday almost.

Being that the OP has only been there 6 months he should just talk to whoever hired him.

texan

Been in my building for 24 years. I have no idea how to contact H/R.
Sort of, same here.
I "heard" you must go on UPSERS.COM and there is an HR chat , email section
or numbers you must call now.

But I never had a need to go there so far, or know if it would apply to me.

Truthfully, I checked out with great detail, how to retire though.

I am that age now, and that concerns me more.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I'm assuming HR is somewhere in Milwaukee. I'm in an extended Center. Our new district headquarters might be in Minneapolis. Who knows, who cares.

menotyou

bella amicizia
who should i talk to if i want to get into driving.only been working for ups for 6 months now but want to get my foot in the door.
Write a 'letter of intent' and give it to your center manager(if your building is small). If not, give it to whomever hired you. If you know who the on-car is, talk to him.

kingOFchester

I started at UPS with the intention of only being a part timer. After about a month I decided I wanted to become a driver, God knows why I ever pursed that, but I digress. Anyway, when I made that decision I talked to everyone about it. Part timers with more time in then myself. Part time Sups. Full time Sups. Stewards. Drivers. Center manager. HR. I asked any question I could think of. Came on BC and asked a ton of questions. If you want it, go and ask questions. Such as:
Where is the bid sheet?
When can I drive Saturdays?
How long is the wait?
How many people are above me?
When and how many drivers are at an age to retire?
Who is my Steward?
Where and who is head of HR?

U

uber

Being a driver is being part of an elite force. Us package delivery drivers are the creme de la crem. You have to go through with the weeding out process and spend a good part of the next decade in the sweat shop earning peanuts before you get your crack at the big leagues.

Just the way the cookie crumble in this joint.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Being a driver is being part of an elite force. Us package delivery drivers are the creme de la crem. You have to go through with the weeding out process and spend a good part of the next decade in the sweat shop earning peanuts before you get your crack at the big leagues.

Just the way the cookie crumble in this joint.

Remind us again how long you have been a driver.

U

uber

You're the type of guy that I bet hasn't smiled or laughed in years. So when you do its really awkward.

UPSGUY72

You got your foot in the door when they hired you as PTimer. Just keep watching for bids to go up for driver position and sign them. They should also post a sheet at the beginning of the year for people that would like to be a driver to sign. If you have questions about this find you shop steward and ask him /her if you don't know who your show steward is ASK someone you work with.

U

uber

This is not true at all---I laughed out loud when I read the post from the 30 day wonder giving advice to a newbie.

30 day wonder? You act like this job is rocket science. You deliver flippin packages for a living. Get over yourself.

Perfect example of the pretentious driver I was talking about the other day.