Whodunnit: Express or Ground?

GROUNDIsAHugeSCAM

My vote goes to FedEx Freight. Those guys escape the spotlight quote a bit. The Freight guy here is a dummy. Theres a sweet video on youtube of a FDX freight guy pushing a giant box on his grill down the freeway.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Definitely Ground. They don't care how valuable a package is. Throw and go. Who cares if it gets rained on or stolen.

GROUNDIsAHugeSCAM

Pay me more than 12 bucks an hour, and I will care plenty. Pay me UPS wages and I will wrap every packages in a DR bag and write a smiley face on it. I will even wrap it if its sunny outside, just to keep the dust off of it. Why should Ground drivers care? Driver release and go. If you want quality as a contractor, pay higher wages and have a more stringent hiring process. Then hold those drivers accountable if they get those wages. You'd be surprised what a living wage will motivate someone to do. Until then, it's throw and go. If I ever see a Ground driver taking extra care of a package, I know they are an exceptional person, and they are doing it because they want to, because they certainly aren't getting paid for it.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I see your point but good luck with that. Most contractors are Smith wannabe's and don't like to share the wealth.

bbsam

Staff member
Maybe you Express cry babies should take notes. You want to hit Fred where he feels it anyway s use such methods to driver release and let the claims and complaints skyrocket. Jeez. Do we have to do all the thinking for you? We are doing our part to ruin the company. You guys are slacking...again.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Maybe you Express cry babies should take notes. You want to hit Fred where he feels it anyway s use such methods to driver release and let the claims and complaints skyrocket. Jeez. Do we have to do all the thinking for you? We are doing our part to ruin the company. You guys are slacking...again.

Ground ruined this company the day it was formed from a pile of crap called RPS. Re-shaped, re-branded, but still pure fecal material.

bbsam

Staff member
Ground ruined this company the day it was formed from a pile of crap called RPS. Re-shaped, re-branded, but still pure fecal material.
You remind me of uncle Rico in Napoleon Dynamite. You really need to move on from your fantasy glory days. It's over.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You remind me of uncle Rico in Napoleon Dynamite. You really need to move on from your fantasy glory days. It's over.

I love Uncle Rico. I'm actually much more like Pedro. Ground tactics are kind of like when Uncle Rico "sells" his crap to the old lady in the farmhouse. You know, where he has to "service" her in order to get the sale?

bbsam

Staff member
I love Uncle Rico. I'm actually much more like Pedro. Ground tactics are kind of like when Uncle Rico "sells" his crap to the old lady in the farmhouse. You know, where he has to "service" her in order to get the sale?

But he did get the sale, didn't he? That's the purple promise.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
But he did get the sale, didn't he? That's the purple promise.

No, the Purple Promise is the lunch Pedro and Napoleon get at the chicken farm. Seriously, nobody here is having Uncle Rico flashbacks to the "glory days". All we want is a square deal. We aren't getting it. What we are getting is what happens to Napoleon when he jumps the bike off the ramp...a bike frame straight in the nut sack.

FedExRookie

Unionize - I call live with that

Mr. Fedex has posted some things recently that I was enjoying. He was posting intellectual content that would grasp people on the edge, to hopefully come together and unionize. You are right though, he is back, back to that 40 year old guy in a small southern town who talks about the glory days of being the starting HS QB.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Unionize - I call live with that

Mr. Fedex has posted some things recently that I was enjoying. He was posting intellectual content that would grasp people on the edge, to hopefully come together and unionize. You are right though, he is back, back to that 40 year old guy in a small southern town who talks about the glory days of being the starting HS QB.

Read my earlier response. No, I don't want to "go back". However, I do want to be paid fairly and not be gouged for crap benefits. That isn't Uncle Rico at all.

xfdxgroundmgmt

Pay me more than 12 bucks an hour, and I will care plenty. Pay me UPS wages and I will wrap every packages in a DR bag and write a smiley face on it. I will even wrap it if its sunny outside, just to keep the dust off of it. Why should Ground drivers care? Driver release and go. If you want quality as a contractor, pay higher wages and have a more stringent hiring process. Then hold those drivers accountable if they get those wages. You'd be surprised what a living wage will motivate someone to do. Until then, it's throw and go. If I ever see a Ground driver taking extra care of a package, I know they are an exceptional person, and they are doing it because they want to, because they certainly aren't getting paid for it.
A lazy P.O.S. won't do it for $12 or $18 an hour................ IMO!

xfdxgroundmgmt

Well RPS has kept your sorry ass employed! You could have become a contractor, like a few I've known that saw the WRITING ON THE WALL YEARS AGO @ EXPRESS!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Well RPS has kept your sorry ass employed! You could have become a contractor, like a few I've known that saw the WRITING ON THE WALL YEARS AGO @ EXPRESS!

What is your problem? First, RPS no longer exists. Second, when it did, the contractors were dropping like flies because their net was around $25,000 per year working 60 hrs per week. The "writing on the wall" has been since FedEx reinvented Ground and started pouring money into sort infrastructure...using Express profits, by the way.

Smith bought RPS because it had a slave labor business model that was non-union and allowed him to compete (unfairly) with UPS. The first lie out of his mouth when RPS became Ground was that "Ground and Express would ever be intermingled".

Your sorry ass seems ignorant to the facts.

bbsam

Staff member
Read my earlier response. No, I don't want to "go back". However, I do want to be paid fairly and not be gouged for crap benefits. That isn't Uncle Rico at all.

Sure it is. This is Express 2013. What you want died years ago and your feeble attempts to organize were the only thing that may have greater life back into that lump of clay.