Whodunnit: Express or Ground?

Doc Sorting Dude

Home delivery perhaps? Me, if its not sig req I'm leaving it. I try not to do a double delivery if I don't have to. none of our Express guys does. One and done, drop and run.

FedEx916

I would also say Ground. It's unlikely an Express driver would be delivering at 1900.

I agree that it was likely ground, but I have been out at 1900, 2000, even dropped a package close to 2100 once.. Our station is not shy about sending the west coast drivers out with more than a couple dels..

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I agree that it was likely ground, but I have been out at 1900, 2000, even dropped a package close to 2100 once.. Our station is not shy about sending the west coast drivers out with more than a couple dels..

If there's a roach, used condom, or cigarette butt on the porch, it's probably Ground.

MaineGroundDriver

Definitely Ground. They don't care how valuable a package is. Throw and go. Who cares if it gets rained on or stolen.

Um, and when the customer calls in and complains the ISP gets dinged hard .. unsure how long a Ground driver would remain employed with delivery "skills" like that :rolls eyes:

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Definitely Ground. They don't care how valuable a package is. Throw and go. Who cares if it gets rained on or stolen.

Um, and when the customer calls in and complains the ISP gets dinged hard .. unsure how long a Ground driver would remain employed with delivery "skills" like that :rolls eyes:
I still see it happening. A lot. So you think they all really care? What a fantasy.

CJinx

I still see it happening. A lot. So you think they all really care? What a fantasy.
While I can't speak for corporate's cares and concerns, I think by now you should know they at least care about what they get caught doing, be it a Fedex employee or employee of an independent vendor.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
While I can't speak for corporate's cares and concerns, I think by now you should know they at least care about what they get caught doing, be it a Fedex employee or employee of an independent vendor.
With the chickenfeed wages they're getting at Ground I'll bet they really, really care a lot. :whatever:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

You are so WRONG!!! bbsam and his clones say that a Ground driver can be trained to be just like an Express courier, for half the money. And they are SO RIGHT BUDDY! We all know how much someone "cares" when they are being paid $12 per hour with no benefits and no future. Perhaps they are going to install some sort of electro-shock device on the Ground truck seat or make them wear a "motivational collar" that administers 12V when they don't move fast enough.

bbsam

Staff member
You are so WRONG!!! bbsam and his clones say that a Ground driver can be trained to be just like an Express courier, for half the money. And they are SO RIGHT BUDDY! We all know how much someone "cares" when they are being paid $12 per hour with no benefits and no future. Perhaps they are going to install some sort of electro-shock device on the Ground truck seat or make them wear a "motivational collar" that administers 12V when they don't move fast enough.
We already have a BC member who moved from Ground to Express and seems to be doing OK. And the benefits and future you speak of will soon also be a thing of the past if things keep going the way they are.

MAKAVELI

We already have a BC member who moved from Ground to Express and seems to be doing OK. And the benefits and future you speak of will soon also be a thing of the past if things keep going the way they are.
One person doesn't make it a trend. I don't know of one courier in my building that would make the switch. Ground's reputation precedes itself. Nothing to be proud of in my opinion. But then again you are Fred's prodigy.

bbsam

Staff member
One person doesn't make it a trend. I don't know of one courier in my building that would make the switch. Ground's reputation precedes itself. Nothing to be proud of in my opinion. But then again you are Fred's prodigy.
We don't exactly have drivers rushing off to Express either. Of course that's because Express is so much more demanding and difficult...yeah, right.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
We don't exactly have drivers rushing off to Express either. Of course that's because Express is so much more demanding and difficult...yeah, right.

You're really starting to look like an idiot. Wait until you get what you're asking for, and then get back to us, OK? I'll bet most of your drivers quit when you up the demands and pay the same. What are you going to get to replace them, and how efficient will they be? Remember, DRA has zero to do with pickups, so there won't be a manifest to follow like straightline deliveries.

Dude, you really are ignorant as to the way Express operates. You're going to be having some real fun soon.