Whodunnit: Express or Ground?

bbsam

Staff member
You're really starting to look like an idiot. Wait until you get what you're asking for, and then get back to us, OK? I'll bet most of your drivers quit when you up the demands and pay the same. What are you going to get to replace them, and how efficient will they be? Remember, DRA has zero to do with pickups, so there won't be a manifest to follow like straightline deliveries.

Dude, you really are ignorant as to the way Express operates. You're going to be having some real fun soon.
Ya know what? I've been listening to jackasses talk about how RPS and now Ground wouldn't be able to do this that and the other. Guess what. We do. We rise to the occasion and find a way. The only one looking like an idiot are those who continue to doubt us. Sound like someone you know? We don't have to know how Express operates. We know how we operate and we know how to overcome challenges. That is something that probably seems pretty alien to you. Continue to doubt us, just like UPS did.

MAKAVELI

You're really starting to look like an idiot. Wait until you get what you're asking for, and then get back to us, OK? I'll bet most of your drivers quit when you up the demands and pay the same. What are you going to get to replace them, and how efficient will they be? Remember, DRA has zero to do with pickups, so there won't be a manifest to follow like straightline deliveries.

Dude, you really are ignorant as to the way Express operates. You're going to be having some real fun soon.
Ya know what? I've been listening to jackasses talk about how RPS and now Ground wouldn't be able to do this that and the other. Guess what. We do. We rise to the occasion and find a way. The only one looking like an idiot are those who continue to doubt us. Sound like someone you know? We don't have to know how Express operates. We know how we operate and we know how to overcome challenges. That is something that probably seems pretty alien to you. Continue to doubt us, just like UPS did.
Bro, the bullshi t is so thick it's coming out your ears.

bbsam

Staff member
Yes they are if you have no morals or ethics.

Ah. Now you want to move out nto a subjective realm where you will blatantly and without evidence claim your morals superior to mine. Much like the Taliban and Christian conservatives. You are in fine company.

fedupped

BBsam, you're not scaring UPS. Eventually the fedex ground business model will fail or dramatically change. Either thru Govt intervention or employee unrest. But it will come. How long will ground drivers accept that I'm getting 5 weeks vacation, 2 personal days, 2 floating holidays, 5 sick days, 5 paid holidays, 35 guaranteed hours, without eventually revolting. Enjoy now, your time is coming. And UPS healthcare alone (benefit) should be a deal breaker for most , um, sub-contractors? ..unless your very desperate.

bbsam

Staff member
BBsam, you're not scaring UPS. Eventually the fedex ground business model will fail or dramatically change. Either thru Govt intervention or employee unrest. But it will come. How long will ground drivers accept that I'm getting 5 weeks vacation, 2 personal days, 2 floating holidays, 5 sick days, 5 paid holidays, 35 guaranteed hours, without eventually revolting. Enjoy now, your time is coming. And UPS healthcare alone (benefit) should be a deal breaker for most , um, sub-contractors? ..unless your very desperate.

Scaring them? No. Changing how they do business? Absolutely.

Show me the sweeping constitutional and national court decision that will eliminate the Ground model. Can't do it. It would have far to many unintended consequences throughout the trucking industry. Nobody in government wants that.

bbsam

Staff member
How long will they accept the benefits you are getting? Up until they find a job better than working for me. Could be tomorrow, could be never.

MAKAVELI

Scaring them? No. Changing how they do business? Absolutely.

Show me the sweeping constitutional and national court decision that will eliminate the Ground model. Can't do it. It would have far to many unintended consequences throughout the trucking industry. Nobody in government wants that.
Just how is ups changing the way they do business? As far as I can see FedEx is only company getting special exclusions from many legislative bills intended on leveling the playing field and force other businesses to pay contractors as employees. Seems to me this could be an antitrust issue later down the road. At some point between legal costs and as you say" tweaking the model" it may not be very cost effective to keep it.

fedupped

Eventually, someone will pay off a politician more to get an opposing decision on the Exclusive Fedex ground contractor model.

bbsam

Staff member
Just how is ups changing the way they do business? As far as I can see FedEx is only company getting special exclusions from many legislative bills intended on leveling the playing field and force other businesses to pay contractors as employees. Seems to me this could be an antitrust issue later down the road. At some point between legal costs and as you say" tweaking the model" it may not be very cost effective to keep it.

UPS buys back business all the time. They regularly fill trucks with freight that they lose money on (like LL BEAN). Peruse the UPS forums and it's clear that UPS isn't the company it was 30 years ago. You don't think Express is the only lunch we've been eating, do you? Our transit times are as fast and many times faster to market. Yes. I'm certain UPS alters their business to compete. All of the above is before we even begin to discuss Grounds ability to undercut cost and still make a healthy profit. So where does that leave the UPS brass when dealing with customers? Insisti g that their drivers don't have tattoos and piercings?

GROUNDIsAHugeSCAM

bbsam is a savvy businessman. Ground is here to stay, and Express is following close. Express will follow the Ground model, or more likely it will become a force full of 20-30 year olds working 35 hours per work with DRA, with pay that stagnates every year.