Whos dealing with the heat in the southwest?

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Just wanted to hear who is dealing with the crazy heat out that way and how your coping with it or have any stories or whatever you would like to share with us.

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
We get this every year. The only difference is that it came a month earlier this time. Its actually a little humid for us not used to the humidity. I know you can't compare it with East Coast humidity, but we're used to the dryness. However, the humidity is something that began making its way a couple years ago with climatic changes.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I dont mind it being real hot its just the humidity here on the east coast that makes it super blow. Just takes your breath away the humidity being so high. Its like you drink water and gatorade all day and the next thing you know late in the day your so full from drinking all day you feel like your going to get sick, its like you cant win dude lol.

U

uber

Out here in the Northwest were having a heat wave of 90 degree weather with pretty high humidity (for our standards). A heat wave in June is unusual around here.

Buck Fifty

Right now we are low to mid 90's, but there is a breeze. Another month and there will be no breeze and it will suck. Deal with it ? We always do.

upswife75

I dont mind it being real hot its just the humidity here on the east coast that makes it super blow. Just takes your breath away the humidity being so high. Its like you drink water and gatorade all day and the next thing you know late in the day your so full from drinking all day you feel like your going to get sick, its like you cant win dude lol.

Jumpman, not sure if you do this already or not, but I know my husband has a wet washcloth he keeps with him, in his cooler. When he starts feeling too hot, he'll use it to wipe his face, neck and wrists off. Your neck and wrists are too big temperature regulating points on your body. We live in Florida, so quite used to the humidity. The problem with that is, when it's humid, your sweat doesn't evaporate, which is the main thing that causes you to get overheated. Just wanted to pass that on, in case it could help you. :)

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Sitting poolside at the moment working on my 6th Leinenkugels Summer Shandy. Life is good. Hardly notice the heat.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
yeah i do the same thing. i have a cooler i carry with me full of water and gatorade i fill up with ice prior to departing for work. after about the first 2 hours on delivery i stop at a canvas place i deliver to, too fill up with more ice. during the day i will put my ball cap in there and soak it in ice and put on my yoke lol. ahh fresh baby lol. i also clean my face,hands and arms with the rag thats in the cooler. sounds kinda girly but i like to stay clean looking around customers just more professional if you ask me. im just real consciountious about my job thats all nothing wrong wit it lol.

jaker

trolling
WOw you guys do a lot to try to stay cool , I used to do that stuff but learned it doesn't last long enough to keep doing it .

Now I make sure to have plenty of liquid , sweat towel and a sweat head band ( because I am blad ) that's it and I am good to go

U

uber

I have to stay more hydrated than the average person because I get dehydrated easy. The best way to battle the heat is drink water before, during and after work. Mixing in a gatorade with it.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I use the gatorade powder. Its cheaper to mix your own up and its mostly water. I buy the king kong sized can at super walmart. I just use the empty bottles and refill em up.Way cheaper going that route for sure.